Business as usual in DC

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by DC_DEEP, Nov 29, 2005.

1. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Yet another reason to do away with party politics, and the elected scumbags who practice it...

California Representative Cunningham, after repeated denials, finally admits to accepting bribes. Cunningham, who serves on the Intelligence committee, wrangled deals with defense contractor MZM, a high-tech security firm that provides services for Congress, the White House, and several defense and intelligence agencies. He has pleaded guilty to tax evasion, mail fraud, and wire fraud. In return for Cunningham doing "favors" for the company, he received approximately $2.4 million dollars in gifts and perks.

Texas Representative DeLay is still under investigation, as is Senate Majority Leader Frist; Vice-president Cheney is still under investigation in the leak of classified CIA information.

All this from the party that always seems to lean heavily on its moral high ground when villainizing their opponents. Am I the only person in the world who is morally outraged by these traitorous, thieving liars? By the way, the minority party is crooked, but not nearly as pervasively as the majority party.

2. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Unfortunately, anyone who thinks politicians aren't crooked doesn't understand American politics.

3. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    did you see his resignation speech? man, great TV isn't entirely dead. watching that piece of shit snivelling in tortuously-faked contrition was the most hilarious thing I've seen in weeks.

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Right, no shit. He is so sorry, he "now knows shame," all the tears, all the bullshit... but you can bet your bottom fucking dollar/pound/euro that the son of a bitch would have continued to take millions upon millions more in bribes if he had not got caught.

And you can also bet your bottom dollar/pound/euro that there will still be idiots who support all these crooked scumbags, just simply because of party affiliations. I say either fire or kill them all, and start from scratch.

5. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

Only because the minority party doesn't have much power to peddle. They'll get their chance.

6. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

I'm not overly surprised that someone with the moniker "Duke" would be a crooked scumbag.

7. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

Now that he has been caught he is free to accept a nice job at the contractors and try to "persuade" other politicians to "help" the company he ends up at. I love poloitcians.

8. KinkGuy

Gold Member

I'm willing to bet my last free vote...wait...already lost that...BUT still willing to bet at least a blowjob (before I get shipped off to the concentration camp)...that the sniveling asshole is really only sorry he got caught. Not that he did it. They ALL seem to think they are above the law and untouchable.

9. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Well, ya know, Bill Frist is being investigated for suspicion of impropriety of stock sales - wasn't that similar to what Martha Stewart was tried for? She had prosecution witnesses lying under oath, nothing happened to them... and she was convicted. Even under a preponderance of evidence, do you think Billy will be convicted and jailed? I doubt it.

Yet Americans continue to vote for these people they KNOW are in it only for the money. I don't understand that.

We need to get to a system where we, the people, can let the politicians know that this is just simply NOT acceptable, and if they engage in this behavior, they will get caught, and if caught, the consequences should be exceptionally harsh. This is the one and only 14th amendment exception I think is acceptable - the ones who make the laws should be held doubly responsible to those laws. Perhaps that would make them think a little harder before they pass some of these laws, make some of them lobby their peers to some sensible legislation, and then think a little harder before they decide to break they laws they have passed.

Just my liberal way of thinking, I suppose, but I also think there should be a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting pork-barrel legsilation (for our non-US friends, this is when a bill is debated in the Congress, then just before the vote, a non-related rider is attached to the bill - usually to enrich the district of the author of the rider.) Punishment for attempts to pork-barrel should be harsh; minimum sentence should be immediate dismissal and disbarment from holding any public office, ever again.

10. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Cunningham. One of those "kill-em-all-and-let-God-sort-them-out" Republican wingnuts from southern California, like B-1 Bob Dornan. What drama, complete with tears, pleas for forgiveness and vows to make amends. What hooey.

Cunningham's only crying 'cause he got caught.

SG

11. GoneA

Gold Member

amen pastor!

12. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Lex: agreed and understood. But I am pointing out what a pitiful state the entire country is in with their willingness to accept the corruption and unwillingness to change it due to their unwillingness to let go of party politics.

Your average voting American is willing to accept corruption, because to dismiss a corrupt politician in their chosen party would open that position to a corrupt politician from the "other party" - thus basically handing over "power" to the enemy. If each and every voting American would take a leap of faith and discard party affiliation, we COULD purge much of the corruption in our political system.

I will conceded that political parties, in their time, served a purpose - as did the electoral college. But both are outdated and antiquated, and hinder rather than further the process. With modern technology and communications, these concepts just serve absolutely no useful purpose at all, whatsoever.

We, the people, need to take back the political process for our own. It isn't too late yet, but we are getting near the point of no return. The people must demand, without concession, honest and transparent and accountable governance.

(Lex, by the way, I'm intrigued by your long list of bear code... will you PM me and translate, please?)

13. madame_zora

Gold Member

The thing I find hilarious is that any time you bring up any of these examples of clear corruption, the fucking repubs start saying "conspiracy theory" or "more leftist posturing" as if that dismisses the charges.

OH, I get it, bringing it up once means the topic is exhausted! No one should have to face any consequences for their actions unless they are a Democrat. We're not supposed to be angry or even NOTICE how corrupt our government is, because then we just might have to do something about it. No, no, no- let's just be good little republican toadies and make fun of the other guys when we don't have any defense.

14. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

And people think California is so liberal.

15. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

529? elected officials in DC
    30 good people who really try is make things better for america not just the party
    498 are evil sick twisted fuck ups who only care about making big money.
    1 scum soon to be goin to jail.

16. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Years ago our Canadian prime minister Brian Mulroney crowed " There's no whore like an old whore" when joking about how the party in power rewards the faithful with patronage. Its a sacred trust.

He had campaigned and won the previous election after trouncing the incumbant Liberal prime minister in a televised debate for rewarding too many party hacks with pork barreling.

That's chutzpah. Slimey or what?

17. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Corruption, illegal activities, voter fraud, invading sovereign nations, erasing civil rights and rights of privacy, empowering criminals, voiding recognized and accepted international human rights, voiding environmental and corporate controls, committing crimes against humanity, performing torture, graft, payola, etc., etc., etc.,.....it all pales in comparison to lying about a blow job in the oval office. Far worse moral crimes and illegal activities are occurring there every day, but it's ok, because you can DO ANYTHING, TO ANYONE, if you do it in the name of God.

Even killing people.

18. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    [FONT=Courier, Courier New] And you never ask questions
    When God's on your side.
    — Bob Dylan
    [/FONT]

19. madame_zora

Gold Member

Aint' it just a gas that the only people who draw ire from the "moral majority" are men of peace? Is anyone here old enough to remember how the world turned on Carter when he wouldn't start a war? That was an honest, Christian man genuinely struggling with his conscience. Did his fellow church members back him up? Fuck no, he wouldn't tow their line and they dropped him like a dead rat.

Bill Clinton was that most dangerous of men, he was a Chrisitan, but not necessarily a man of peace. He was the kind of middle-of-the-road leader that would have been much loved by the masses and deified the Democratic party. He was too interlligent to make a lot of decision errors, so all that the toadies had left was to try to humiliate him, which they did rather successfully. No one was ever angry at Clinton, they were just afraid he would be another Kennedy, and they already found out what killing a man like that does to a party's unity, now didn't they?

20. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I'm really quite surprised that you didn't understand that was really the entire point of most of my posts on this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted