Business Card Back Side

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If you had your own website, and you wanted to advertise it, what would you put on the backside?

It's automotive related, and I want something useful for the back... but not sure exactly what would be most useful.

I've seen tip charts, calendars, contact info, maps...

Anybody have any good ideas what I could put on the back?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A calendar would be a useless waste of space IMO.

How about a really cool and sexy graphic image of the type of car that you love?

Actually, your tagline is great. Why not just make it really prominent on the back?

I think a card should be beautiful, useful and communicative. Mine are matt black with grayish white lettering, the logo and one small bar of red. The contact info is on the back. Minimalist and to the point.

Be careful using black or glossy card stock if you want customers to be able to write a note on the card. They won't be able to. In this current business I didn't want them to, but in a previous business I had a glossy card and it was a pain for that.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You mean just the heading of the site on the back?

I've got the front side jazzed up quite a bit, shows contact info, content, A few graphics just to spruce it up, rainbow bar to give it some color, but not sure on the backside - if anything.
Possibly - Additional services on the back?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Personally I like the back side of a business card to be blank because I often write notes about the person or business to study or refer to at a later time... but that's just me.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Personally I like the back side of a business card to be blank because I often write notes about the person or business to study or refer to at a later time... but that's just me.

^ This. I write notes, numbers, etc on the back and like it to be blank.

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd go with a cool graphic, as long as the company logo is also included (however, smaller) on the main side. No important or relevant information should be included on the backside, though.

If the business cards were to have the information in different languages, the norm would be to write the same info on both sides, each side in a different language.

While writing this post I thought of a cool and useful business card I saw a couple of weeks ago. It's not exactly this one, but the concept is similar. It goes well with automotive parts, I believe.

http://media.smashingmagazine.com/images/business-cards-ideas-showcase/wrench.jpg

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

^ This. I write notes, numbers, etc on the back and like it to be blank.

I agree with nudeyorker and LaFemme, a blank backside on a business card increases the likelihood it will be turned into a note pad and therefore saved in my wallet.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I agree with nudeyorker and LaFemme, a blank backside on a business card increases the likelihood it will be turned into a note pad and therefore saved in my wallet.

:grouphug: Thanks for the help.

I'll see if I can get a glossy front with a matte back for writing on.

Ahh! Here I found it! The idea is good, since it's very useful and your customers would always find it handy to carry it.

http://www.offbeatearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/bike-wrench.jpg

Good idea - useful tools that I can customize and advertise on. Like mini Flashlights, pens, tire pressure testers, etc. Goodie bag material!

Last edited: