Busting a faker: SexyChick517

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Neeson Niceone, Aug 2, 2007.

1. D_Neeson Niceone

D_Neeson Niceone New Member

I'm about to expose just how dumb I can be in hopes I might save other guys from making the same mistake.

A few weeks ago I started talking to a girl from this site who lives in the same area I do. The number of women on the LPSG is pretty small, and the number from my area is even less, so you might imagine how fun it is to talk to someone like that especially since the ice is already broken so-to-speak. The person behind SexyChick517 (who's alias is "Ann Marie") is from the Atlanta area and has plenty of knowledge about the city to prove it. She is a 21 year old college student attending Georgia State University studying education. We started talking frequently on MSN (sexychick517@hotmail.com).

After a few conversations online I wanted to actually talk some so I asked for a phone number. She replied she never gives her number out online. Ok, perfectly understandable. I mentioned she could call me using *67 which prevents my phone from seeing her number. This way she could rest easy that I didn't actually have her phone number. But this was still unacceptable to her. She had a few photos of herself but taking any new pictures was out of the question since she didn't have a camera. I found this hard to believe because "Ann" lives at home with her parents and siblings in an affluent area of Atlanta where not having a digital camera around would be pretty rare. The house has 3 computers but no cameras in 2007. Right. Lets not even get into mobile phone cameras. But I'm an easy going guy and I figured maybe she's just really paranoid about it. Exchanging facebook or myspace profiles was also out of the question.

So more MSN conversations pass and we agree to meet up at a local cafe for a drink and a chat. I gave her my number in case she got lost or something came up. No word came so I went and waited. Now as I'm sure everyone reading this is expecting, of course no one showed up. There was no call explaining she couldn't make it. Yeah, I'm an idiot, but I wasn't surprised.

A few days later we talked again on MSN and on the site. At this point I was pretty much exhausted of the ordeal but I figured I'd give her one last chance to prove she actually existed and proposed the *67 idea again. And of course, she wasn't game for it.

It's time for me to swallow some pride and realize I got played by a dude. What's more believable: a girl who talks to a guy over a few weeks but refuses to have a phone conversation with him even using caller-id block and can't prove herself with a photo because she doesn't own a camera and won't actually meet up in a public place....or.....a guy who grabbed some poor girls pictures off of facebook and poses as her to talk to guys. In the latter scenario all of the problems make perfect sense. It would be hard to keep the story going on the phone when your speaking voice is a testosterone induced baritone. And I'm sure it's hard to look like a 21 year old college girl when you're 250lbs and in bad need of a shave and deodorant.

I'm not nearly as upset at the person playing "Ann Marie" as I am at myself. I totally deserved to play into all this despite obvious signs it was all a bunch of bs. I'll chalk it up to experience and rest easy in that I won't make the same silly mistake again. In writing this post, I hope I can save another guy learning this one the hard way. Welcome to meeting people on the internet: where you need to take everything with a grain of salt...or maybe the whole shaker. Listen to your gut and realize that at LPSG this kind of facade probably makes up a healthy population of the female members. Besides, do you really want to go through all the red tape of meeting someone online when you can do it so much easier in person? Here's to the "old fashioned" way :tongue:.

As I conclude, I'm expecting some people are going to come to SexyChick517's side on this. The poor girl who was just paranoid about people online. They might be right. After all I can't prove it was a guy even though common sense screams it was. But it would be really easy for "Ann" to prove me wrong. I hope more people raise their e-hands for the real girl who's pictures are being exploited like this. For her sake, I'm attaching the photos used so others who read this know the girl in these photos isn't actually the person using them.

Attached Files:

2. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

Some people just aren't into cameras, like myself. I build computers, have 4 in my house, am an audiophile with a nice home theater setup to my computer and use a 37" HDTV as my computer monitor, but no camera. And it costs a ridiculous amount to send even one picture message on my cell phone because I didn't sign up for that service, also it would give my number away. So I can understand someone else having technology but no cameras. I just wanted to get that out of the way.

Maybe its different since I live in New York City and there are so many members here that live where I do, so I find nothing special about it talking to them and thus my guard is up more than yours was, you were too caught up in hoping she was real since it was close by, thats not your fault. Maybe because I'm bi, but I don't get possers like this. I suppose they don't need to lie around me, because if they're a guy they'll just say so. Though I still think some people lie to me about age and other things to peak my interest.

Also since its late maybe I skipped over it, but why exactly are you upset? Its the internet, I just kind of assume everyone is a 300 pound guy with a bucket of KFC in one arm and a tub of KY Jelly in the other. Sometimes I'll have a strong feeling someone is lieing about their identity and info just to get off and make me attracted to them, and full well knowing I'll just play along cause who cares? If I don't know what they truly look like then I have no problem playing along in my head that I'm talking to some sexy guy or girl.

So did you actually want to meet her in person and thats why your disappointed? Did you cam for "her" and are disgusted you jerked off for a guy or something? If thats the case and you're strongly against it, seek proof, if they can't give it to you, move on. The women I've talked to online are usually able to provide proof, a lot of them have mics at the very least. I think they're aware theres a lot of male possers.

3. D_Neeson Niceone

Yeah I shouldn't really use energy getting upset about it. I do feel disgusted I entertained a guy in that way. It's a 21st century way of being sexually violated! :tongue:. But I wanted to post because even though it won't change anything I just hate seeing people getting away with crap. Thanks for the good advice!

4. Patchos

Gold Member

I bought a mic (that cost me $19.95) for that very purpose, and besides, most computers have in-built mics anyway. Both Yahoo and MSN Messenger allow you to make free calls PC-to-PC, and Skype for Mac does the same.

So you really shouldn't have to give your private number out to anyone.

Sorry to hear that you may have been duped though. :frown1:

5. jlr080281

jlr080281 New Member

I think her nick was pretty much a dead giveaway :p

6. D_Mike_Oxhard

D_Mike_Oxhard Account Disabled

I have talked to her for a while now. Never pursued although i was stationed near atl (1 hour) for a while. I have a lot of older pics of her, so maybe shes real, maybe not. Im curious to know but ill stay neutral on the issue.

7. D_Mike_Oxhard

D_Mike_Oxhard Account Disabled

oh and i totally agree with orbitz about just playing along sometimes. if they cant prove it because of a lack photographic or voice evidence, ill give them the benefit of the doubt. if they cant play well enough to fool me, yeah i may get pissed off, but as the saying goes, ignorance is bliss

8. wldhoney

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL.....don't disallusion me now. I'm still relatively trusting!

I have Yahoo IM with voice. If I had any type of question in my mind or a hinky feeling I would stick with this. Otherwise I am fine to move to my cell phone. I know it is so easy to find someone's address, so I would block it at first until trust was established, so blocked at first. Then I would move to the meeting with safety measures in place. I am lucky in that I have connections to check someone out thru work. I've only done a meet a couple of times....one who ended up just a friend and one who I dated for a while and is still a great friend. The friendship was established before the meet.

The camera thing I can kind of understand. I gave my digital to my ltr ex when we split up recently. They are not something I really care about. However, it that was an issue, I would expect to move on to phone and other means of verification.

That she did not show up to the meeting and did not call is rude and suspicious. I would have dropped it there immediately. I have a nightmare of discovering I was sharing my naughty bits and thoughts with a 14 year old boy........that would seriously disturb me!

Regardless of the internet aspect, it's still feels like a violation. :mad:

9. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

Well a couple of years ago, it was brought to light here that a favorite poster was not who she said she was. "She" had posted pictures of some girl (supposedly her cousin). Many people were played by her. Her "husband" still posts here, but he came into the picture after "she" left.
    I still think the whole thing is a fraud.

Bottom line--if someone doesn't call, doesn't meet you, won't talk to you in person, you should start to wonder. On the internet, people can be whatever they want to be. Photos are easy to steal. Identities are easy to create. Don't get played, be careful.

10. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I've come to accept that *most* of the women here are fakers... I've been duped before by people on this site with far more elaborate stories/set-ups than what you've presented... things that have gone on for years... some I've even talked to on the phone so that's no guarantee someone is legit... In fact I've only ever met and had proven to be real two women from this site, whereas at least two dozen or so that I have talked to have turned out to be fake. Several others I have known for a long time I have no solid proof they are fake but I remain suspicious of, expecting that any day I'll come across some irrefutable evidence like I did with Miss_Valentine (which was a big surprise to me... sigh.. I used to be so trusting)

That said your evidence here is pretty flimsy. You may be right and I'm sorry you got stood up, that always sucks, but was it worth making a thread over?

11. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I'm very glad that I got to meet mercurialbliss from this website. She is an amazing and beautiful woman. There was no "red tape," and I'm not sure what you're talking about as I've met literally hundreds (or at least over 100) of people from the internet and most of those meetings were arranged and executed fairly easily with few hiccups. It pays to be smart and to be aware that there are people out there willing to dupe you (that goes at least quadruple on this particular website), but I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of meeting people online altogether due to one negative experience. For me, the internet has been a terrific and invaluable resource for forging random hook-ups, lasting friendships, and even deeply invested relationships.

12. D_Neeson Niceone

That's a good point. One weird experience doesn't mean it can't possibly work on the internet and that's not what I meant.

For work one of the projects I'm currently working on is making a personals site for a local website. I'm doing a lot of brainstorming on how to make it work well so obviously I'm going to have to have an open mind about the whole meeting people off the net thing.

But going back to the OT, yeah I didn't imply I was posting groundbreaking news with my miraculous discovery that some ladies on the internet aren't actually ladies.

13. diamond

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    First off, I really feel bad that you got duped......Unfortunately I was on the other side of the coin for the longest time.....I posted pictures, ( all of which were me) and people accused me for 8 solid months that I was a man posing as a woman.

I just got fed up one day and went on the video chat that mattness set up, hence several long standing LPSG members actually indeed saw that I was a woman.

Personally I would love to see fakers ( men posing as women, or women posting pics that are not them ousted out of the site). Better yet I would like to see perm bans for people who violate this; but in all honesty this is the internet and unfortunately people love to hide in a make believe world.

14. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Sorry to hear you got burned by a faker. But that's the internet for you - I've been online since you were 10 (1994) and I got burned 2 or 3 times early on before I wised up.

15. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I'd also like people who are proved to be fakes banned, communication on the net is just like any form of communication and should be based on honesty. However, just because someone chats to you on the net and won't chat on the phone doesn't prove she's not a woman, it just proves she doesn't want to chat to you on the phone, personally I rarely chat on the phone because I enjoy using the net as an escape from my real life and like to keep a distance from the people I chat with online and actually speaking to them is one step too close for me. It's a pain if we're asked to prove we're women, I've been accused of being a man very rarely on this site and if someone accuses me I don't really give a shit, I have nothing to gain from proving to someone who's a stranger to me that I really am a woman and the men who do know I am a woman were men who already felt that 100% anyway.

Women and men communicate in very different ways and I'm amazed that men can't tell when it's a man or woman they're talking to very soon into a one on one conversation, I think in a lot of cases the men 'know' and 'feel' they're talking to a man but hope triumphs over common sense.

Go with your instincts guys :)

Well I made a balls up of that editing didn't I - what I meant to say was that incidentally in private chats with people on here I do believe to be women a good few of us believe that there are even fewer women on here than most guys think.

16. arktrucker

Gold Member

Albums:
    Check my avitar on my profile. I think it will add a little bit of 'sad' humor to what has happened. I for one don't condone hitting on str8 guys. In my experience, if the guy is at all interested/curious, and there are a few around, they will make themselves known.

What I find funny about the whole situation, guys, str8 guys will post pictures of their dick and balls on a public forum, such as we have here, and then raise hell when a man comments on the equipment they're displaying. Guys, you put your dick up here to be seen, and people are looking and, I'd like to thank you for the view!!

17. Principessa

Gold Member

18. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

In the last few days in the chat room nj (and you know how few ostensibly female names are in there) I've been approached in prv by three new female names, it puzzles the fuck out of me why they would approach one of the few genuine women in the room when I'd assume they adopted a female persona to trick guys.

19. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I hope you believe I'm a girl :p And I certainly don't get off on talking to you :p
    Those pictures certainly were ripped off Facebook. I tried it out for you.. here is a picture off my own account:

Attached Files:

20. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Thats a really nice pic Tinky you should have it as your avatar for a while, really shiny hair and you know how I like shiny things :)

Draft saved Draft deleted