BUT WAIT THERES MORE

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
a few statements made by politicians and pundits, regarding the presence of US troops in the NATO taskforce sent into bosnia, 10 years back. draw your own comparisons :eyes:

"You can support the troops but not the president."
--Rep. Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Well, I just think it's a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years."
--Joe Scarborough (R-FL)

"Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?"
--Sean Hannity, Fox News, 4/6/99

"[The] President . . . is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be away from home. These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy."
--Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"American foreign policy is now one huge big mystery. Simply put, the administration is trying to lead the world with a feel-good foreign policy."
--Rep. Tom Delay (R-TX)

"If we are going to commit American troops, we must be certain they have a clear mission, an achievable goal and an exit strategy."
--Karen Hughes, speaking on behalf of George W Bush

"I had doubts about the bombing campaign from the beginning . . I didn't think we had done enough in the diplomatic area."
--Sen. Trent Lott (R-MS)

"I cannot support a failed foreign policy. History teaches us that it is often easier to make war than peace. This administration is just learning that lesson right now. The President began this mission with very vague objectives and lots of unanswered questions. A month later, these questions are still unanswered. There are no clarified rules of engagement. There is no timetable. There is no legitimate definition of victory. There is no contingency plan for mission creep. There is no clear funding program. There is no agenda to bolster our over-extended military. There is no explanation defining what vital national interests are at stake. There was no strategic plan for war when the President started this thing, and there still is no plan today"
--Rep. Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."
--Gov. George W. Bush (R-TX)

Sabln7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Sep 2 2005, 09:06 PM
a few statements made by politicians and pundits, regarding the presence of US troops in the NATO taskforce sent into bosnia, 10 years back. draw your own comparisons :eyes:

--Rep. Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Well, I just think it's a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years."
--Joe Scarborough (R-FL)

"Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?"

"[The] President . . . is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be away from home. These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy."

"American foreign policy is now one huge big mystery. Simply put, the administration is trying to lead the world with a feel-good foreign policy."
--Rep. Tom Delay (R-TX)

"If we are going to commit American troops, we must be certain they have a clear mission, an achievable goal and an exit strategy."

"I had doubts about the bombing campaign from the beginning . . I didn't think we had done enough in the diplomatic area."
--Sen. Trent Lott (R-MS)

"I cannot support a failed foreign policy. History teaches us that it is often easier to make war than peace. This administration is just learning that lesson right now. The President began this mission with very vague objectives and lots of unanswered questions. A month later, these questions are still unanswered. There are no clarified rules of engagement. There is no timetable. There is no legitimate definition of victory. There is no contingency plan for mission creep. There is no clear funding program. There is no agenda to bolster our over-extended military. There is no explanation defining what vital national interests are at stake. There was no strategic plan for war when the President started this thing, and there still is no plan today"
--Rep. Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."
[post=340229]Quoted post[/post]​

Where did you find this?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Simple, Sabln. He found those statements in the "Out" closet in the U.S. Capitol Building. Here you'll find all the talking points and sound-bite comments arranged for the party that's "out" of the majority.

There is an "In" closet, too, for the majority party pundits.

As you can deduce from the dates of the statements, the majority in the Legislative and Executive Branches have changed since then, so the parties have traded closets again.

And so it goes.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Sabln7@Sep 2 2005, 09:09 PM
Where did you find this?
[post=340231]Quoted post[/post]​
you probably didn't need to quote the whole thing just to ask me that. a kid I know who's doing his PhD in political science turned those (and masses of equally hilarious stuff) up a couple of weeks back. I meant to post it at the time, but I must've gotten distracted and forgot all about it until today.

jwc1978

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Sep 2 2005, 10:42 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Sep 2 2005, 10:42 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Sabln7@Sep 2 2005, 09:09 PM
Where did you find this?
[post=340231]Quoted post[/post]​
you probably didn&#39;t need to quote the whole thing just to ask me that. a kid I know who&#39;s doing his PhD in political science turned those (and masses of equally hilarious stuff) up a couple of weeks back. I meant to post it at the time, but I must&#39;ve gotten distracted and forgot all about it until today.
[post=340263]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

In my opinion, both sides are full of Hypocrites. Nobody really cares about the people anymore.

blackwood

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Sep 2 2005, 09:06 PM

--Rep. Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Well, I just think it&#39;s a bad idea. What&#39;s going to happen is they&#39;re going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years."
--Joe Scarborough (R-FL)

"[The] President . . . is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation&#39;s armed forces about how long they will be away from home. These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy."

--Rep. Tom Delay (R-TX)

"I had doubts about the bombing campaign from the beginning . . I didn&#39;t think we had done enough in the diplomatic area."
--Sen. Trent Lott (R-MS)

--Rep. Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Victory means exit strategy, and it&#39;s important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."
[post=340229]Quoted post[/post]​

But..............Come On&#33;..........The discussion was regarding what Bill Clintons&#39; "MISTAKES" were doing to us and the U.S. MMr Bush and the rest have been seriously misquoted.......ALL Lies.........Lies&#33;&#33;&#33;

S-u-r-e

blackwood

smallman

1st Like
Media
when refering to politicians please refrain from labeling them "dc scumbags". it hurts my feelings.

a side from that, i think you have just shown a great example of just how far the kissinger/realist views of the republican party have been banished by triumphant neocons since 9/11.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There&#39;s a similar list of quotes floating around in cyberspace of prominent Democrats claiming their support for removing Saddam Hussein over the years. Turnabout is fair play.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by aloofman@Sep 3 2005, 07:37 AM
There&#39;s a similar list of quotes floating around in cyberspace of prominent Democrats claiming their support for removing Saddam Hussein over the years. Turnabout is fair play.
[post=340410]Quoted post[/post]​

The Democratic President did not send all those thousands of boys to their deaths in Iraq, and thought a great deal about the issue amidst Republicans prying into his bedroom at the time. He also did not create a 400 billion dollar deficit and &#036;7 a gallon gas prices. Or an assault on civil rights, people&#39;s desire to marry, dumbass stemp cell policies, his environmental record etc etc etc.

This dickhead has been the worst president (and was not elected legitimately) in American history. I&#39;d rather have the corpse of Herbert Hoover serving than him.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by smallman+Sep 3 2005, 04:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smallman &#064; Sep 3 2005, 04:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>when refering to politicians please refrain from labeling them "dc scumbags". it hurts my feelings.
[post=340372]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

too bad. it hurts MY feelings that these lying, thieving dorks exist in the first place.

<!--QuoteBegin-aloofman
@Sep 3 2005, 07:37 AM
[/quote]
way to completely miss the fucking point. get your head out of the party-political sandpit and wake up to the fact that politicians are incompetent, shit-talking wastes of space regardless of their affiliation.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by dcwrestlefan+Sep 3 2005, 02:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcwrestlefan &#064; Sep 3 2005, 02:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-aloofman@Sep 3 2005, 07:37 AM

The Democratic President did not send all those thousands of boys to their deaths in Iraq, and thought a great deal about the issue amidst Republicans prying into his bedroom at the time. He also did not create a 400 billion dollar deficit and &#036;7 a gallon gas prices. Or an assault on civil rights, people&#39;s desire to marry, dumbass stemp cell policies, his environmental record etc etc etc.

This dickhead has been the worst president (and was not elected legitimately) in American history. I&#39;d rather have the corpse of Herbert Hoover serving than him.
[post=340417]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

The point is that it&#39;s not like Republicans are the only ones that say one thing and then do another depending on what&#39;s convenient for them.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Sep 3 2005, 06:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Sep 3 2005, 06:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
<!--QuoteBegin-aloofman
way to completely miss the fucking point. get your head out of the party-political sandpit and wake up to the fact that politicians are incompetent, shit-talking wastes of space regardless of their affiliation.
[post=340439]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Actually, that was my fucking point. Your fucking point seemed to be that Republicans are lying bastards. And I&#39;m saying that Democrats are too.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by aloofman+Sep 3 2005, 07:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aloofman &#064; Sep 3 2005, 07:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Sep 3 2005, 06:46 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-aloofman

Actually, that was my fucking point.
[post=340491]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
WELL GET YOUR OWN THEN

smallman

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Sep 3 2005, 09:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Sep 3 2005, 09:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by smallman@Sep 3 2005, 04:22 AM
when refering to politicians please refrain from labeling them "dc scumbags". it hurts my feelings.
[post=340372]Quoted post[/post]​
too bad. it hurts MY feelings that these lying, thieving dorks exist in the first place.

<!--QuoteBegin-aloofman
There&#39;s a similar list of quotes floating around in cyberspace of prominent Democrats claiming their support for removing Saddam Hussein over the years.  Turnabout is fair play.
[/b][/quote]

no dude, im a fucking resident of dc and would rather not be held accountable for the policies of politicians elected from other states.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by smallman@Sep 3 2005, 07:43 PM
no dude, im a fucking resident of dc and would rather not be held accountable for the policies of politicians elected from other states.
[post=340503]Quoted post[/post]​
then do something positive for your countrymen - get out there and shoot a few congressmen.

smallman

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock+Sep 3 2005, 10:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; Sep 3 2005, 10:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-smallman@Sep 3 2005, 07:43 PM
then do something positive for your countrymen - get out there and shoot a few congressmen.
[post=340547]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

thr rule of law is a bitch.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by aloofman+Sep 3 2005, 07:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aloofman &#064; Sep 3 2005, 07:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>

<!--QuoteBegin-aloofman
There&#39;s a similar list of quotes floating around in cyberspace of prominent Democrats claiming their support for removing Saddam Hussein over the years.  Turnabout is fair play.

Actually, that was my fucking point. Your fucking point seemed to be that Republicans are lying bastards. And I&#39;m saying that Democrats are too.
[/b][/quote]

less so than "your" guys are. they are less intelligent and meaner too.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by smallman+Sep 4 2005, 03:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(smallman &#064; Sep 4 2005, 03:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Sep 3 2005, 10:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-smallman
@Sep 3 2005, 07:43 PM

[post=340547]Quoted post[/post]​

thr rule of law is a bitch.
[post=340549]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

i blame my fellow "countrymen" more than congress. the south and west (except for the coast) are the states that keep sending these nuts here year after year.

if all the schools were church run, all the gays were dead, no women were allowed to have an abortion under any circumstance, and everyone owned a gun that they could carry everywhere and anytime they wanted, would they still bitch?

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by dcwrestlefan+Sep 3 2005, 09:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dcwrestlefan &#064; Sep 3 2005, 09:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by aloofman@Sep 3 2005, 07:18 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-aloofman

less so than "your" guys are. they are less intelligent and meaner too.
[post=340562]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Who do you think "my" guys are? I have yet to hear of a political party I thought was worth supporting.