Buttons v Zippers: A Decisive Battle

chimes

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Alright.

Tell me if I'm crazy, but I find when weighing out the pros and cons of button-fly versus zipper-fly pants, button-fly pants clearly win.

Hear me out.

I realize that with button-fly pants, it's quite a problem to use a urinal, as you basically have to undo your pants to take a piss; however, the possibility of a zipper-pinch is reduced almost to zero (albeit, I'm sure retarded/left-handed-buttoner demographic could manage it), and there almost no chance of an embarassing open fly when buttoned correctly.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
chimes said:
I find when weighing out the pros and cons of button-fly versus zipper-fly pants, button-fly pants clearly win.

I agree with you. I usually wear 501s for just that reason.

chimes said:
I realize that with button-fly pants, it's quite a problem to use a urinal, as you basically have to undo your pants to take a piss

Not necessarily true. I usually unbutton only the lowest three buttons. This technique is also useful if you want to have that Special Friend get in some stealthy groping in otherwise inappropriate situations.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The Gap and Levi make lots of styles with button fly fronts. I personally don't like the hassle of unbuttoning and the jeans I have tried with button-flys are a bit too snug for me. I have NOT purchased jeans because of a button fly.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
chimes said:
Tell me if I'm crazy, but I find when weighing out the pros and cons of button-fly versus zipper-fly pants, button-fly pants clearly win.
You're crazy, but I agree with you. Button flies rule.

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
BUTTONS.... I personally have not looked for other jeans with button flys....501's rule. Also like my BDU trousers because of button fly...but those are gone now...zippers for military pants after I do not know how many centuries of button flys...... Some realy fancy schmacy dress trousers have button fly, but out of my price range.....

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Loving the button fly, kind of sexy and speaking from a "commando" point of view, they are a heck of lot safer.

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
agreed...commando here...and do not have to worry about getting caught in a zipper, and as far as getting caught in buttons.....holy shit....have to have a hell of a scrot or cock and lots of really loose skin.....and really really stupid......

SouthernBum

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I go commando too, but i guess i am just careful....i hate button up pants....try going to the bar and getting a couple of drinks in you then come back and answer...i hate it when i am half drunk, have to piss, and have button up pants on...zipper is much easier

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
SouthernBum said:
I go commando too, but i guess i am just careful....i hate button up pants....try going to the bar and getting a couple of drinks in you then come back and answer...i hate it when i am half drunk, have to piss, and have button up pants on...zipper is much easier
Next time you're at a bar and need a deisgnated button closer:wink:

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
Definately buttons for me. I find that button fly jeans seem to have more room in the crotch area, which is probably because there is more slack with buttons. They are quick to unbutton, but it is true that buttonening up is a bit slow. However, i have developed good dexterity with buttons.

There are quite a few varieties of button fly jeans other than 501's, bu tof coiurse zippers are more common. In fact, Levi's has a low rise line with only one button, and some with two buttons. Definately some of my favorites. Here are a few examples:

Jack

Attachments

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Buttons.
I'm so used to wearing them, I don't even think about the mechanics of getting in and out of them. And, they have always been more flattering than the zippered jeans.
This year, Levis announced that they would start making the classic 501s baggier! Horrors. Luckily, there is a store here in SF that sells used jeans for people like me who prefer the old style.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Buttons. I have a pair of distressed buffalo-hide leather jeans that I love: it took a long time to find the button fly version. When I wear 501's to the bar, I leave the top and bottom buttons undone: it gives just a bit more room ... and it's naughty/flirty! :wink:

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lex said:
The Gap and Levi make lots of styles with button fly fronts. I personally don't like the hassle of unbuttoning and the jeans I have tried with button-flys are a bit too snug for me. I have NOT purchased jeans because of a button fly.

Lex, you are a wimp.:rolleyes: Button fly jeans are supposed to be a hassle and they have to be "too snug." They show off your huge phallus to its best advantage.

You have so much to learn, young bi-guy.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
From another point of view, buttons. In the past I have more than once destroyed a zip in the worst possible way; but never a set of fly buttons.

Despite the well-worn limerick about the young lady from Ealing and the fly buttons hitting the ceiling.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
KinkGuy said:
Lex, you are a wimp.:rolleyes: Button fly jeans are supposed to be a hassle and they are have to be "too snug." They show off your huge phallus to its best advantage.

You have so much to learn, young bi-guy.
Can I hijack this thread and ask how many here would like to see Lex in snug button fly jeans? Me! Me! Me!

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
I too usually leave the bottom and top button unbuttoned.....more room, but also easier to get the other undone.... I do not get out much so not much flirting going on here.

chimes

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
These are all excellent points, thanks!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the added hotness factor that happens when someone "rips" open a button fly. I find it a hell of a lot sexier than the slow unzipping of a zipper.