Buying a man flowers

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A heterosexual male friend of mine has received flowers for Valentine's day several times today. He's flattered and amused, and he hasn't been given a card that says who sent them. I've never considered buying a man flowers before. Is this woman on to something? What do you think?

2damwild

1st Like
Media
i like when some one sends them, flowers make you feel some kinda away thats hard to explain for a guy,:redface: but i love the women that have sent them to me

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

My wife used to send me flowers to my class room when I was teaching, and also
later when I had an office. I loved it! Why not? Can't men also enjoy flowers and
the love that comes with them?
I personally love getting and giving them......and still do.

D_Vladimir Jurkov

Experimental Member
Media
I think it's cute if a woman buys a man flowers. Although I'm not as afraid of being perceived as less of a man. I can see other guys who insist on being "real men" being uninterested in flowers, to say the least. But as far as the situation you describe: several times in one day and the sender is still being anonymous? Sounds a little too much to me. I think once send the message just fine.

A

AM_092

It'll only be cute if I was the one to buy the flowers!!!

I'd rather some in a box than in a bundle :)

irox19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wouldn't send anonymous flowers..that is semi-creepy.

I don't think I would send flowers to a man at all. There are so many other fun things to send, probably food-related like cupcakes/cookies from a great bakery, deliver lunch or dinner, etc. But flowers? I don't think it means the same to a man as it does a woman.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Aww, if you want to send flowers, own up so somebody else doesn't get the credit for them! Once I brought flowers to a guy and later he kept saying they were from his little niece, right in front of me too. Never again for him! Of course they were only wildflowers...

but it is possible that the guy getting showered with anonymous posies has a male admirer or a married admirer and that is why no card.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Aww, if you want to send flowers, own up so somebody else doesn't get the credit for them! Once I brought flowers to a guy and later he kept saying they were from his little niece, right in front of me too. Never again for him! Of course they were only wildflowers...

but it is possible that the guy getting showered with anonymous posies has a male admirer or a married admirer and that is why no card.

I assumed that today or tomorrow he would receive a card telling him who sent them, and that the intention was to build suspense. Because that sort of seems like genius to me. He's now looking around thinking, "I wonder who? Who could have sent them?"

LeftHookBrutal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not too keen on the idea to be honest.

If I got flowers, I'd think someone was making the statement that I was effeminate. Sort of like "here you go, sweetheart: a nice boquet of flowers for a delicate lady".

I think chocolates would be much more appropriate. Yeah, I know we are in the midst of an obesity epidemic, but there is no mixed messages this way. Men don't give each other chocolates anyway, so it would be obvious it was from a woman. If you really wanted to drive the point home, though, you could send chocolates that have a romantic theme (come in the shape of a heart, etc.). Even if they don't taste good, it gets the message across.

paneros

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes, I think the woman who sent them is definitely onto something!

I'm on for receiving flowers, and have in the past received some from a girlfriend... I DID find it a bit embarrassing at the time, because I received them at work, which was was in a fairly macho environment, but really, my embarrassment is just due to allowing myself to bow to social conditioning around being seen as 'less of a man' by other men. Which highlights to me the need to not give a crap about what other men think, because I do not want to build, or live in, a world of social conditioning!

Why should the appreciation of beauty be restricted to only the female half of the population?
Flowers are beautiful in themselves, and lovely to receive as a gift, and the more we make it acceptable for men to not be ashamed to honestly express how they feel as men perceiving beauty in the world, and accepting it into their lives, not just restricted to beauty in the female form, the more humane a society we create. And w break away from this 'men should hide their feelings' bullshit, which has contributed so much to men feeling isolated and lack of intimacy in relationships.

So say it with me, brothers: I'm a man and I love flowers!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I think the woman who sent them is definitely onto something!

I'm on for receiving flowers, and have in the past received some from a girlfriend... I DID find it a bit embarrassing at the time, because I received them at work, which was was in a fairly macho environment, but really, my embarrassment is just due to allowing myself to bow to social conditioning around being seen as 'less of a man' by other men. Which highlights to me the need to not give a crap about what other men think, because I do not want to build, or live in, a world of social conditioning!

Why should the appreciation of beauty be restricted to only the female half of the population?
Flowers are beautiful in themselves, and lovely to receive as a gift, and the more we make it acceptable for men to not be ashamed to honestly express how they feel as men perceiving beauty in the world, and accepting it into their lives, not just restricted to beauty in the female form, the more humane a society we create. And w break away from this 'men should hide their feelings' bullshit, which has contributed so much to men feeling isolated and lack of intimacy in relationships.

So say it with me, brothers: I'm a man and I love flowers!

For some reason, your post says to me, "I'm really good in bed." :smile:

Maybe I'm just reading between the lines.

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It's been quite sometime ago but i received some beautiful yellow roses by a guy who was interested in me. I was flattered and embarrassed,embarrassed because he sent them to my workplace..I think flowers are better received by a woman. It just seems more appropriate. Maybe a nice plant.If he is a real he man,maybe tickets to a sporting event or a concert..

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd love to recieve flowers, from guys (!) and girls! :D I'd be both flattered and happy, I'd feel appreciated. Oh.. I want flowers now.. :(

Vagus

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In the wake of 20th century radical feminism we live in a strange, new world here in the 21st century. Some women are again realizing that men have feelings too, and that they themselves like to receive gifts also from time to time and be treated like human beings. :wink:

A heterosexual male friend of mine has received flowers for Valentine's day several times today. He's flattered and amused, and he hasn't been given a card that says who sent them. I've never considered buying a man flowers before. Is this woman on to something? What do you think?

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Oh, Hogwash to this false Macho bit from men who think it says they are weak and feminine to receive flowers.....!!! It
proves Nothing!
For heaven sakes, Flowers are Flowers...a wonder of the Creator!
What makes flowers a feminine thing!

You know...if anything, when I hear people say things like this, I have to wonder a bit about how secure they are with their sexuality.....:yup:

borntobeking

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

No one has ever sent me flowers and I'm really not into them. My wife and the women that have dated me in the past know me well. I say for me, skip the flowers and just send me a dozen cigars:smile: