Buying a man flowers

irox19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sending a box of great cigars is an awesome idea...I am making a mental note.

Honestly, I would just ask a guy if he would be into the idea of receiving flowers and take it from there. But then I would be sure to send something totally non-girly.

I once received long-stemmed crimson roses in a box and it was the sexiest gift ever...something about the packaging and the fact that they were inside the box was so sensual and kind of masculine. So I'd do that.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've have both received and given flowers and I don't mind either. If someone thinks enough of me to give me flowers or anything else I consider it special. If I'm the one buying, I'm buying them because I think the receiver is special.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Petite, it just occurred to me...maybe the card was somehow dropped along the way. Maybe the sender is waiting for him instead. That would be so sad if that's the case here.
Now to get to sending em to a man. I sent flowers to a man as an apology. We worked for the same company and when he got them all the girls fell over themselves asking who sent them. I had the florist write a simple phrase on the card, "You're the best." He told me that all the time. I knew when they were delivered so I gave it about 3 hours before I mosied on over and checked them out. They were beautiful! Damn, why didn't I get those for myself?! We looked at each other, I looked at the flowers, back at him, winked and he knew... He came out of his work area and right there in the middle of everyone gave me the biggest longest closest hug ever! Men do appreciate flowers. :)

submarine

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I loved it everytime my wife gave me flowers :)
the first time was one of the most touching things I had ever experienced, just the softness of it and the look in her eyes bowled me over. So yeah I vote yeah always :) but then I like giving flowers too, and not always the over the top sent bouquets, sometimes it's nicer to go and handpick a nice bunch of wild ones, but only if you're with a non materialist person who actually appreciates this earth and the beauty within :).
nice to have read this. (wish i was getting some tomorrow)
and some flowers would be welcome too :p

Seogra

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I like flowers, nothing un-masculine about them. Hell, more than half of them look an awful lot like vaginas. I like vaginas. They're nice. Roses or tulips wouldn't impress me though. I would want more creativity in the arrangement.

Seogra

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not too keen on the idea to be honest.

If I got flowers, I'd think someone was making the statement that I was effeminate. Sort of like "here you go, sweetheart: a nice boquet of flowers for a delicate lady".

I think chocolates would be much more appropriate. Yeah, I know we are in the midst of an obesity epidemic, but there is no mixed messages this way. Men don't give each other chocolates anyway, so it would be obvious it was from a woman. If you really wanted to drive the point home, though, you could send chocolates that have a romantic theme (come in the shape of a heart, etc.). Even if they don't taste good, it gets the message across.

??????? You're suggesting that men give each other flowers, but not chocolates? My friend Tim gave me a snickers bar just the other day. I'm sure men who like other men are just as likely to give the men they're interested in flowers as they are chocolates. Actually, I bet they're more likely to give each other chocolates....

I would much rather recieve flowers from a woman than I would chocolates. Unless they were very dark chocolates with macadamia or almond butter filling. And they were accompanied by a strong, dark imperial stout.

paneros

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
For some reason, your post says to me, "I'm really good in bed." :smile:

Maybe I'm just reading between the lines.

Well, you ARE reading between the lines... and your inter-linear reading skills are second to none! :smile:

LeftHookBrutal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
??????? You're suggesting that men give each other flowers, but not chocolates? My friend Tim gave me a snickers bar just the other day. I'm sure men who like other men are just as likely to give the men they're interested in flowers as they are chocolates. Actually, I bet they're more likely to give each other chocolates....

I would much rather recieve flowers from a woman than I would chocolates. Unless they were very dark chocolates with macadamia or almond butter filling. And they were accompanied by a strong, dark imperial stout.

No, I thought it was so blatantly obvious that men do not send each other flowers that it did not bear mentioning.

A snickers bar isn't what I'm talking about by chocolates. A little discernment, dude.

For all the gender neutrality that seems fashionable around here, the fact remains that a man is not going to sit there gushing over a bunch of flowers that way a woman will. Moreover, the things will likely go straight into a garbage can because no man is going to want to explain to his friends that he's been made the dame in a relationship, and flowers will alert everyone to that.

Last edited:

D_Lanksesbye Sleepingrawe

Account Disabled
Media
I used to love it when my wife would send me flowers. a) It's an outward and visible sign that she loves me that's all right for others to see; and b) I like flowers.

Nothing effeminate about it. Men and women would be impressed and jealous when I would receive them.

S_L

Seogra

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No, I thought it was so blatantly obvious that men do not send each other flowers that it did not bear mentioning.

A snickers bar isn't what I'm talking about by chocolates. A little discernment, dude.

For all the gender neutrality that seems fashionable around here, the fact remains that a man is not going to sit there gushing over a bunch of flowers that way a woman will. Moreover, the things will likely go straight into a garbage can because no man is going to want to explain to his friends that he's been made the dame in a relationship, and flowers will alert everyone to that.

The snickers bar part was more sarcasm than anything. Guess it depends a lot on the environment the guy is working in. Union laborer(or similar) and he'll probably get made fun of for it. Whether or not he cares about getting made fun of is up to him.

I really don't think that getting flowers makes a man the bottom in a relationship with a woman, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I agree that no straight man will likely be 'gushing' over the flowers in the same way that women do, ie: an effeminate way, because we're non-effeminate men, it wouldn't be in our nature to respond like that to anything. I do think they would be met with the same amount of appreciation in many cases, just with a different outwardly response.

If you made a kick-ass dinner for your woman, I'm sure you might get a 'gushing' response from her. Does that mean that she should never make a kick ass dinner for you simply because you won't gush over it, but rather would respond in a masculine, appreciative way?

I don't think the thread has anything to do with gender nuetrality. I think it's just a matter of what some people appreciate. Are landscapers, gardeners, and arborists effeminate as a whole? Because all of them appreciate the beauty of flowers. If they didn't, they would have chosen a different career. Flowers are not effeminate.

mexdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the fact remains that a man is not going to sit there gushing over a bunch of flowers that way a woman will. Moreover, the things will likely go straight into a garbage can because no man is going to want to explain to his friends that he's been made the dame in a relationship, and flowers will alert everyone to that.
I dont know, i would like to get flowers from a girl, and i wouldnt trow them to the garbage, i did it when i was a teen, but was because i was a prick.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The snickers bar part was more sarcasm than anything. Guess it depends a lot on the environment the guy is working in. Union laborer(or similar) and he'll probably get made fun of for it. Whether or not he cares about getting made fun of is up to him.

I really don't think that getting flowers makes a man the bottom in a relationship with a woman, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I agree that no straight man will likely be 'gushing' over the flowers in the same way that women do, ie: an effeminate way, because we're non-effeminate men, it wouldn't be in our nature to respond like that to anything. I do think they would be met with the same amount of appreciation in many cases, just with a different outwardly response.

If you made a kick-ass dinner for your woman, I'm sure you might get a 'gushing' response from her. Does that mean that she should never make a kick ass dinner for you simply because you won't gush over it, but rather would respond in a masculine, appreciative way?

I don't think the thread has anything to do with gender nuetrality. I think it's just a matter of what some people appreciate. Are landscapers, gardeners, and arborists effeminate as a whole? Because all of them appreciate the beauty of flowers. If they didn't, they would have chosen a different career. Flowers are not effeminate.

Excellently said.....especially the last paragraph and last sentence..:yup:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you everyone! I've really appreciated all your stories. It's been illuminating and romantic, two things I love in a thread. :smile:

I asked TheBF if he would appreciate flowers and he said yes! Again, I'm surprised. My gifts have always been things like clothing, like a suit, or accessories like a watch, a belt, a tie, or shoes, or I might buy him a bottle of nice scotch. I've never considered flowers before!

Petite, it just occurred to me...maybe the card was somehow dropped along the way. Maybe the sender is waiting for him instead. That would be so sad if that's the case here.
Now to get to sending em to a man. I sent flowers to a man as an apology. We worked for the same company and when he got them all the girls fell over themselves asking who sent them. I had the florist write a simple phrase on the card, "You're the best." He told me that all the time. I knew when they were delivered so I gave it about 3 hours before I mosied on over and checked them out. They were beautiful! Damn, why didn't I get those for myself?! We looked at each other, I looked at the flowers, back at him, winked and he knew... He came out of his work area and right there in the middle of everyone gave me the biggest longest closest hug ever! Men do appreciate flowers. :)

That's a fun story!

I think if the card got lost, she probably knows by now that it didn't arrive since he wrote about it on Facebook. I hope there's more to the story and it doesn't just end there. I love a good romantic story. :smile:

Well, you ARE reading between the lines... and your inter-linear reading skills are second to none! :smile:

Of course they are! :tongue:

So many of you just assumed it was a female sending him the flowers. It might be anonymous because the sender is the big burly guy down the hall who has a unibrow.

I doubt a gay guy sent them, but I hope I find out!

I wasn't suggesting gender neutrality, that's why I was asking. I believe in equality, not gender neutrality, if that isn't your own personal preference. There's a big difference. A guy who bought me a box of cigars or tickets to a sporting event wouldn't know me very well. I would actually suspect that it was a gift for himself.

This guy didn't throw them away and hide the fact that he had gotten flowers. He proudly announced he had gotten flowers to his 400 friends on Facebook so everyone would know, and the response has been interesting. There is lots of curiosity and some teasing about who could be interested in him. No one has teased him about his masculinity.

Honestly, it hadn't occurred to me that a man might feel emasculated by flowers, since I interpret being sent flowers as a woman saying, "I want to have sex with this man," and that makes him pretty darn masculine in my eyes.

I respect that you feel differently, though, and that you would prefer a different gift. It's all a matter of personal preference and I'm sure that women buying you gifts probably know that you would prefer to receive something more traditionally masculine.

paneros

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm really now curious as to how all of this turns out for the man who received the flowers... will he discover who they're from, is it someone he knows, will a beautiful love relationship start.... I know, I know... I need to get out more!

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

BIG SURPRISE!
I had not expected it...she hasn't done it for a while now, and I didn't send anything to her this year. But, I just got a Valentine
plant from my ex wife. :biggrin:

I just received a 5' tall plant in a large gray pot with pale shades of blue and brown with the colors all swirrled (looks like oil and water when they meet)...blue and brown are my favorite colors.

I sent some Godiva Chocolates...Special Edition...to my present partner.

I'm not sure what kind of plant it is, so I will have to ask around at a local florist. They usually come with some sort of care directions with the plant or flower's name, but it was not with the card, or in the wrapping. :shrug: I didn't think at the time
to ask the delivery person. It has large, dark green, split leaves.
They look like big hands..about a foot in length with a bamboo pole in the center and the leaves tied to it. Very nice!
Does anyone have a guess what it might be?

Last edited:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
A heterosexual male friend of mine has received flowers for Valentine's day several times today. He's flattered and amused, and he hasn't been given a card that says who sent them. I've never considered buying a man flowers before. Is this woman on to something? What do you think?

i didn't have a chance to read through the whole thread yet, apologies if someone asked this and you answered :redface:

...anyway, i'm a little confused. he received several bouquets of anonymous flowers? that's certainly different. i assume they are all from the same anonymous individual? i think sending more than one anonymous bouquet is overkill if ya ask me (and a little creepy).

one anonymous and very simple bouquet might be fun. i would do that if i were so inclined.

i have never given anonymous flowers though. i have always included a note indicating who the flowers are from.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

BIG SURPRISE!
I had not expected it...she hasn't done it for a while now, and I didn't send anything to her this year. But, I just got a Valentine
plant from my ex wife. :biggrin:

I just received a 5' tall plant in a large gray pot with pale shades of blue and brown with the colors all swirrled (looks like oil and water when they meet)...blue and brown are my favorite colors.

I sent some Godiva Chocolates...Special Edition...to my present partner.

I'm not sure what kind of plant it is, so I will have to ask around at a local florist. They usually come with some sort of care directions with the plant or flower's name, but it was not with the card, or in the wrapping. :shrug: I didn't think at the time
to ask the delivery person. It has large, dark green, split leaves.
They look like big hands..about a foot in length with a bamboo pole in the center and the leaves tied to it. Very nice!
Does anyone have a guess what it might be?

some kind of philodendron? philodendron - Google Search