Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've had my current mattress for almost 10 years and it's definitely due for replacing. I figure that since I'll probably have the next one for 10 years I plan to do a lot of research, try a lot of beds, and get all the advice I can. Buying a bed is difficult because trying them in the store hardly gives you an idea about what living with that bed will be like. So I'm curious does anyone here has a bed that they love or hate? Any suggestions or advise for someone making a bed purchase?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I posted this in February. It should be just about everything you need to know about mattresses, but feel free to ask if there's something I left uncovered.

simbablk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I bought a queen SpringAir mattress. Quite happy with my purchase so far. Also tried a few other brands but the price was really good on this one.

Simba

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think the best thing to do is do some serious research on line and then go to a few stores and look for the most knowledgeable salesperson you can find and tell him your likes and dislikes in terms of firmness etc and any physical problems you have or if you have sleeping problems. Wear something comfortable and start flopping down on beds in the showroom. I've always bought beds this way.
If it's been 10 years you are going to be shocked to find that the mattress companies no longer make a product that you can flip over.
:mad:

uncut1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I got my bed a year ago.I bought a Beautyrest classic queensize firm quilted top.
I shoped around all over my area and one thing i suggest,lay on all of them soft,firm plushtop or standerd. Your body will tell you in a few minutes if its the one for you.When it comes to a new bed don't scrimp on the price. I payed $700+ for mine and I love my bed. Its a bitch to make being single and walking from one side to the other..but at night when i lay down on it I'm asleep in a few momments. Skip mattress giant or the other bed chains.They had my same bed for $400.00 more then I paid. My frame was $52 and its a standard.
you my want a frame with a better cross support (with all six wheels) if you have to move it to clean under it.Lay on them in the store and let your body tell you.
I got mine at a furniture store called Hudson's. But running back to mattress giant and others after they quoted a price of 650..then changed it a few days latter to 1100,or more I sead screw them.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Acquire the best you can afford and not one penny less.

It is critical to your long term health to be well rested.

Additionally, a strong, stable matteress will contribute to your sex life satisfaction.

Enjoy life and Always Practice Safe Sex, no matter how much the mattress cost.

PerfectlySexy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for all of the advice. Obviously I will be doing a lot of testing but sometimes knowing what people have been happy with let's you start testing with some more likely options. Also, laying in a bed in a store is important but there are things you cannot test out in the store and for that you need to get first hand opinions.

I agree that a bed is worth spending some cash on, given how much time one spends there. I have actually historically neglected having a good bed so I want to make sure I step up to something much better than I'm used to. I will start hitting the stores this week and weekend to try things out. Hopefully the right mattress will call to me.