Buying condoms - embarrassed?

Are You Embarrassed Buying Condoms?

• Total voters

wildcat16

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Only when I was a high school teacher and one of my students was at the cash register when I went to pay for them!

The cashier can definitely be a bigger problem than the condoms themselves.

One of my first unfortunate cashier encounters happened to be my former Sunday School teachers daughter...……...made me and her a bit unease, but usually I liked it when the cashier was a young lady near my age, lol...…….had a few good encounters that way.

One of the earliest trips on my own, or actually my brother took me,. the clerk was also my Dad's student aid for his class ( he was a teacher and coach at the time).
We all got a good laugh out of it in the end. Dad came home and says "I hear you met my student aid today ( I was a bit unsure what he was talking about til he explained)"
He was cool with it and all was good.

lgtrmusr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I remember how guys behaved when buying condoms because I was selling them...

Way back in the day, when condoms were "rubbers" and were only sold on request from behind the counter at drug stores, and also, in a sketchy way, at gas stations, I was in a college town and worked part time at a local drug store. The counter that sold the rubbers was also the counter that sold hard liquor - and most of the business was in pint bottles. I was frequently assigned to work that counter, keeping things clean and neat, restocking items, and handling sales at that cash register. With time I developed a mental "town happiness index" based on the sales of rubbers and booze. When sales of both were high I figured everyone else was getting laid and I sometimes felt I'd rather be playing than working. I think most guys (I can't remember even once selling to a gal) were happy to find me behind the counter because they were asking an understanding, like-minded and like-aged guy for a three pack of rubbers with all that might imply. You could see they were relaxed compared to how they approached the counter if either of the two older, mother-type women who worked at the store were assigned there.

The store sold lots of brands of condoms. That gave me a chance to read all the packages and try different types - different sorts of built-in lubrication, packaging and so on, but aside from basic dry Trojans in the red package (most popular) and fancier lubricated Trojans with a "receptacle tip" in the blue package, there really was not much of a difference among the brands except for the real premium types - "skins" called "Fourex (or XXXX)" by Schmid and Naturalamb by Trojan. Fourex is no longer available, but these both brands were made from sheep intestine and had the special benefit of transmitting warmth much better than the latex condoms and they were slick. Really felt like wearing nothing once you were inside. Relatively speaking, though, they were expensive. I was selling pre-AIDS, however, so the fact that skins were not adequate protection against viruses like AIDS was not an issue. Skins worked for avoiding pregnancy and standard STD's and for a while were my personal favorite.

BigDickGrandpa

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
First - regular condoms are a cruel joke for me. That is why I hated them. Then someone got wise and I found Large/Magnum and they fit comfortably now. Whew, what a relief.

So I now go in and buy whatever brand they have in Large/Magnum Usualy trojans. I always go to the sweet young girl they have at the checkout. I always have a bit of fun and ask her, "These are nice, but by any chance do you have XL's" She looks down at the magnums, looks up at me, and blushes so nicely.

I did run into one girl who was a bit jaded and she said, "Yeah, right!" I leaned over and looked her in the eye and say. "Sweetie, do you want to make a bet on it? Or do you want to find out for sure and custom fit it for me!" That took her back, but I give the slut credit - she said, "I get off at 5." OK, I will pick you up and you will not be short changed.

She became a steady.

coolz154

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Early evening I purchased a box of Magnum XLs and a bottle of wine, nothing else, at a drugstore and the clerk said, Oh, have a fun night. There was a long line and I'm sure everyone saw what I had although I was palming the XLs, I was trying to just buy and leave quickly so I had a delayed chuckle.

Reactions: nicnic
D

deleted969111

Never had anything like these issues while buying condoms

I did have a case when buying Foria (THC) sex lube at the local dispensary

The 25 yr old girl helping me was stammering and blushing. Guess she didn’t think a 68 year old still
Wanted to pound some pussy.

Reactions: Sherwood D. Likelym

BigDickGrandpa

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love it when the girls blush and stammer. You know what they are thinking and you can play off that and get them further flustered. Ask them which ones she reccomend for the most sensual pleasure based upon her experience. Draw them in to the web says the spider with the big cock.

Reactions: deleted969111

I was embarrassed buying condoms in high school. As an adult living in a different town from where I grew up, No.

Reactions: evolution

marriedasian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's been a long time since I had bought condoms. I remember when I was younger and I would buy condoms I never had an issue at all. To me it was really a sign of responsibility. Oddly enough, all the cashiers that I have encountered were pretty much emotionless people who would just grab the condoms, scan it, and then ask me for the money to pay for it.

slimgurl

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Went to a Walgreens a couple years ago on my way to see a guy I had already been with a few times. He qualified for Magnum XL's. So I put my gummy bears, my Snapple Tea and my condoms on the counter. She rings me up, hands me the receipt and says to me, "Good luck." Classic. She was early 30s. I just smiled.

unlucky 13

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm on a long term relationship so haven't bought condoms for a while but I always had fun buying them lol you're basically letting everyone know you're gonna get laid lmao

Reactions: lgtrmusr
D

deleted1168963

I always have my partner by mine. I need XL because of my girth. I don’t exactly like to advertise my size to anonymous people.

wildcat16

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
One of my acquaintances on campus worked for 3 years at the corner store at the edge of campus, the most accessible to guys on campus. It serves as liquor store (for those over 21), the normal snacks and a lot of microwavable type food, and probably the largest stock of condoms in town, even better than the drug stores or wally world.

He said it was the norm to run our of condoms the first week students were back on campus each fall. It was kind of a joke to them to see how quick they run out and they even tracked which years they ran out the fastest. They also talked about how fast the larger ones ran out (and I kind of think noting who bought them, lol)

rjgrtx

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
First - regular condoms are a cruel joke for me. That is why I hated them. Then someone got wise and I found Large/Magnum and they fit comfortably now. Whew, what a relief.

So I now go in and buy whatever brand they have in Large/Magnum Usualy trojans. I always go to the sweet young girl they have at the checkout. I always have a bit of fun and ask her, "These are nice, but by any chance do you have XL's" She looks down at the magnums, looks up at me, and blushes so nicely.

I did run into one girl who was a bit jaded and she said, "Yeah, right!" I leaned over and looked her in the eye and say. "Sweetie, do you want to make a bet on it? Or do you want to find out for sure and custom fit it for me!" That took her back, but I give the slut credit - she said, "I get off at 5." OK, I will pick you up and you will not be short changed.

She became a steady.
Can someone put this on reddit under r/thathappened

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I used to pick up a box of large condoms when I would pick up a prescription. My fuck buddy needed them and I couldn't guarantee he would bring them. I knew the pharmacist and one day she offered to ring everything up for me. She turned bright red when she saw the box. I took them to the other cashier after that.

Reg

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
When I was in High School it was painfully embarrassing to buy condoms. Had to ask the pharmacist for them and always got the disapproving look of what do you need these for little boy... The pharmacist was probably in his 40's and i think he enjoyed my embarrassment. My dad also gave and bought me condoms. I obviously don't need them for pregnancy issues anymore but more for STD issues. No embarrassment anymore. As a matter of fact it sort of is the cashier looking at me thinking "you go guy at your age" lol.