Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
See it's different in the UK

we don't have a brand for 'large' I am a virgin so I don't buy condoms tbh, but I have tried on some regular ones and they were very tight, it was actually ridiculous

but I have no idea what the larger ones are here in the UK

We do have a brand for "large" in the UK. Magnums are one, durex gold another, and there are more.

True the standard high street shops don;t stock them, but the gay outlets do, and they are freely available mail order online.

B_Guy Love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Really funny, but I've actually considered buying magnums just to see how big they are and to see what kinds of looks I'd get from the cashiers.

8dot75

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I buy 4-5 packs of Trojan Magnum XLs at a time. I like to find the oldest woman working there to checkout with. hehehe.

heh heh!
Iknow how you feel.. I try to aim NOT for the older cashier (although it's a hoot when they realize what you're getting)... no no no... watching the brand new young girl cashier - they get really flustered REALLY easy- just buy condoms...
..personally,MagnumXL's cost 18 busk for a box of twelve here.. so , when I WAS having sex :confused: , I'd get a box or even two...
and just watch the cashier's expressions
:biggrin1:

apropos

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always wondered why the instructions on condoms said to gasp the condom when withdrawing to keep it from falling off. There has never been the least danger of that happening. I have to tug the damn things off to remove them, even if I let myself go completely flaccid. But, buying Magnums seemed like hubris - how much difference could there really be?

Then I had to buy some Durex condoms at a convenience store, no other stores were open, and I couldn't believe how tight they were. It felt like my dick was being strangled. So the next time I bought condoms, I figured 'what the hell', and bought some Magnums (made the mistake of grabbing Twisters, though, which my partner did not like) and they were a hell of a lot more comfortable. A few weeks ago, I tried Magnum XL for the first time and damn, those are comfortable. They still won't fall off, but my dick doesn't feel squeezed anymore, which is how I have always felt with condoms. Now, using condoms isn't a pain.

heh heh!
..personally,MagnumXL's cost 18 busk for a box of twelve here.. so , when I WAS having sex :confused: , I'd get a box or even two...
and just watch the cashier's expressions
:biggrin1:

Damn. I pay $8 for a twelve-pack. Where do you shop for condoms?

neils1153

1st Like
Media
anyone ever try durex XXL??? this past weekend one our way back home my girlfriend and i stoped at a small gas market... i saw a 3 pack box of them under the trashy looking rough riders... i thought what the heck, in that i thought they had stoped making them... i found they really arent much larger than magnum XL's... maybe its just marketing to stroke, a mans ego??? although i do enjoy looking for a "blush", or "that look", from the cashier when i buy them,,, "provided its a female"...:)

Magnum Excel

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i use Magnum XL's (i now regret choosing this name because i feel a bit silly when talking about the condoms lol) and i am really really self-conscious when going to the check out line.

I'm a tall black man in a predominantly white, conservative, southern U.S. neighborhood, and i try to make a conscious effort break misconceptions and stereotypes. this one however, i cannot dodge (shucks! lol).

But i obviously look for a female cashier. if it's just guy cashiers, i will go somewhere else to buy them! but to be honest, i've never really got any reaction. Maybe it's because that's what they expect? i don't know....

8dot75

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always wondered why the instructions on condoms said to gasp the condom when withdrawing to keep it from falling off. There has never been the least danger of that happening. I have to tug the damn things off to remove them, even if I let myself go completely flaccid. But, buying Magnums seemed like hubris - how much difference could there really be?

Then I had to buy some Durex condoms at a convenience store, no other stores were open, and I couldn't believe how tight they were. It felt like my dick was being strangled. So the next time I bought condoms, I figured 'what the hell', and bought some Magnums (made the mistake of grabbing Twisters, though, which my partner did not like) and they were a hell of a lot more comfortable. A few weeks ago, I tried Magnum XL for the first time and damn, those are comfortable. They still won't fall off, but my dick doesn't feel squeezed anymore, which is how I have always felt with condoms. Now, using condoms isn't a pain.

Damn. I pay $8 for a twelve-pack. Where do you shop for condoms?

One thing I hate about minnesota: f--kin' cost of living :rolleyes:

(Just check Wal-mart... they don't even carry 'em... go figure!:eek:

reallyhot

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Regular condoms are just to small for me.
Got the Mag XL's and they just right.

Shopping at London drugs a while back...
this guy behind me was buying a pack of gum,
then I later realized it was condoms, he was trying to
hide them , so it was not so obvious, problem was
his mega dick was rising out of control...guess he got
hard and turned on buying them! LOL, finally he
put them down and left after noticing a wet spot on
his shirt front...guess it was too hard to go shopping
for them...LOL

Lampwick

Experimental Member
Media
My roommate had a girl over once and came upstairs to borrow a condom I gave him a magnum which was kind of a weird he goes "well I just found out a little bit more about you then I knew before". So at least men still believe the magnum myth :smile:
If it's a myth... why do YOU buy them? They are generally more expensive than standard condoms. And if you don't need the added size, they actually are less functional than a standard condom. It's not something that you want to have too large and risk having slip off at an inopportune time.
It's funny. It's one of those things that you never realized, then afterward you can't believe you didn't realize. Seems like a lot of bigger guys use the regular condoms thinking that's just the way they are supposed to feel. You don't know you need bigger until someone tells you you're big or need a bigger condom.
True. I struggled with standard condoms for years before trying Magnums. That's the flip side of the 'Magnum myth': thinking that those must be for the REALLY big guys, those much larger than you. Then you find out that YOU are, if not really big, at least bigger than average, and that Magnums go on more easily and are more comfortable
Really funny, but I've actually considered buying magnums just to see how big they are and to see what kinds of looks I'd get from the cashiers.
If you just want to try one on for size, why not try one out for free:
Trojan Brand Condoms

And it IS a pain. Using standard condoms, my penis was being garroted at the base, and after I took one off, there would always be this angry red indented ring around my penis.

Did you find Twisters to be that much different? I really couldn't see or feel the difference once I had one on.
(Just check Wal-mart... they don't even carry 'em... go figure!:eek:
This may vary from store to store. Where I live, they have Magnums, Magnum XLs and Magnum Twisters at Wal-Mart.

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hmmI bought them by hundreds lol

the seconds and third pik are with the horseshoe whcih makes it thick!

Attachments

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
i use Magnum XL's (i now regret choosing this name because i feel a bit silly when talking about the condoms lol) and i am really really self-conscious when going to the check out line.

I'm a tall black man in a predominantly white, conservative, southern U.S. neighborhood, and i try to make a conscious effort break misconceptions and stereotypes. this one however, i cannot dodge (shucks! lol).

But i obviously look for a female cashier. if it's just guy cashiers, i will go somewhere else to buy them! but to be honest, i've never really got any reaction. Maybe it's because that's what they expect? i don't know....

even tho it's a low end job (in general) it is possible that they are trying to be professional

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There not that much bigger!
Did you know they are putting serial #'s on them now?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Guess you don't roll them down that far!

OldPArtner

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After looking it up on Condomania, I came to the conclusion that Magnum XLs would be about wide enough, which is good to know when I finally do have sex.

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes they are 1.75" wide... vs 1.5" regualr magnums.. while regular condoms are 1.3" wide

OldPArtner

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes they are 1.75" wide... vs 1.5" regualr magnums.. while regular condoms are 1.3" wide
And my cock is 2" wide soft (2.25" hard):eek:
Actually, what matters more is girth, and I wonder, if my erect girth fluctuates between 6" and 6.5" would I be right in assuming that Magnum XLs are a good idea?

Whiskeyboy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am one of those clerks.... I love it when a hot guy comes to my check out and throws down a box of magnum condoms.... I always engage them in conversation well discreteley checking out there crothches.... I always start getting a boner

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I remember buying some in the 80's, the wife was no longer on the pill, so we went back to condoms. I bought regular size and had the same old problem, ripping them in half during sex. I went to SuperX next to Kroger's and bought some Magnums, I didn't even know they made a larger size, then worried if I was big enough.

A young gal was running the checkout that day, I got no reaction from her. I went back 2 days later to buy diapers, and she asked me if the condoms fit. I told her yes, she said they fell off her BF and she needed a big cock. I smiled and said I was taken.

I found that regular condoms compressed my cock, and my wife said I was bigger inside her with magnum condoms.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And my cock is 2" wide soft (2.25" hard):eek:
Actually, what matters more is girth, and I wonder, if my erect girth fluctuates between 6" and 6.5" would I be right in assuming that Magnum XLs are a good idea?
I went to Condomania.com and ordered the large condom sampler. Very instructive! You get a little sealed plastic containing about a dozen condoms of different brands and product names. I've been trying them on just experimentally. My girth is about the same as yours (about 6.25), and I found that the first three from the package that I tried on -- I don't remember which brands they were -- were impossible. I had the devil of a time rolling them down my dick, and the ring at the base pinched so tightly that it was difficult to maintain an erection. So far, the only ones in the bag that have fit are the Trojan Magnums. The Magnum regulars fit okay, but the XL's were the only ones with a positively comfortable fit. They did not seem too loose, either, since it took some pulling to get them off again.

The sum of it is that if you have a girth over six inches, even most so-called large condoms will probably be too tight for you.

Slamdunk_dude

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I had no idea about condom size the first time I had sex and had to stop after the regular sized condoms made my dick totally limp! After that I have always used magnums and I have noticed a big difference. Following the logic that I had no idea how comfortable a condom could be until I tried magnums I am tempted to try XL's but am worried that they are for the HUGE dudes and I will end up looking like a total idiot! Hah!