Buying suits

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm starting a new job in March and I need some suits to wear. Does anybody have any experience with the custom shops that you find on the internet where you schedule a fitting and pick the materials and have them made in Hong Kong? What do you think of that?

Hardhat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would never buy a suit on the Internet. It is an item you need to try on.
I'm a 42 regular and it is amazing the different brands of suits and how they
fit me differently. If you have a Men's Warehouse near you or a local mens store, they will help you with puttting together a shirt and tie to match.
Good Luck on the new job.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you are into internet shopping I would certainly recommend "Landsend.com."

You can create your own body there and select clothes to put on the model. Additionally, they have "custom" section. I have used Lands End for at least 30 years and appreciate their workmanship. They even make custom shoes if you want to go that far into custom gear.

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A Dept. Store.. And They Have Tailors..

From what I understand you schedule an appointment with a tailor who measures you like any other tailor and they send these measurements to the tailor shop and make the suit to fit.

Sound like a good idea?

I might try it once. I think they sell you three suits at a time that way and charge you one price and if you like it they can make more any time. Otherwise, yes, there is a men's wearhouse and a few nice dept. stores around here.