Buying Underwear in a Store

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
well i bought a new under armour jockstrap yesterday at dick's sporting good...i was sorta embarrassed when i took it up into the line. but i had a rock hard boner the entire time. it was a young guy similar to my age at the cashier, sorta awkward but turned me on thinking that he could be imagining me in the jockstrap.

Young guys think jockstraps are weird, sorry to say. A few years ago, I went into a sports store and asked a kid maybe 10 if they sold jockstraps. He looked puzzled. The owner, a man in his 50's, quickly came over and showed me... they were behind the counter, like condoms in the old days!
I like the fact that the kid must have had to think about jockstraps. I often ask that in stores, tho I usually ask an older man. I HATE buying underwear or jocks when there's a woman at the cashier,and I DEFINITELY remember being self-conscious and sweating it out as a teenager when I had to--casually--just toss the box containing my jockstrap on the counter, but man, what a fuckin turn on.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The one time I was embarrassed in a store was when I was trying to buy a bathing suit in Minneapolis. The only bathing suits they had were ones which required an athletic supporter (known too as a jockstrap). I'd never before seen that kind of bathing suit, but it was very obvious that it would not be worn with something underneath to avoid arrest. I told the clerk, who was an older woman, that I didn't see how that thing could be worn as a bathing suit, whereupon she told me that one had to wear an athletic supporter under it. I chose not to buy. It's bad enough to have to wear a bathing suit at all without also wearing something under it.

big_teen

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah, since I still live at home, my mother still buys my underwear. But she only buys what she thinks I wear lol...boxerbriefs mainly. I buy all my other undies cheap on the net haha. They are so expensive in the stores!

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never thought twice about what others think when I buy underwear. Why would they even pay attention? Most of us wear underwear. I'd find it much more embarrassing to by condoms in a store. Most pharmacies and supermarkets have condoms, but I've never noticed them going through a checkout.

Now why should I be bothered, or feel self-conscious, to buy ordinary underwear? Most people wear underwear. It's not unusual. I just wear the ordinary boxers. What's to be ashamed of? Now condoms would be embarrassing, because my sex life (or lack of) is hardly anybody's business. (Condoms presumably have but 1 purpose.) I don't believe in denying the natural flow of life, so I never buy any sort of contraceptives, as I am pro-life. One should be married to be having sex, and sex should be natural and procreative sex.

S

SirConcis

For me, buying underwear is somewhat of a sexual experience. Perhaps an expression of my masculinity. And you reveal to the cashier what type of underwear you wear. I tend to go for non standard underwear (string bikinis) whereas most guys go for boxers or boxer briefs. So I reveal small part of my sexuality to the person at the cash register. It is cool in a way.

ZeoChakram

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't have to worry about it since I always use U-Scans. If the store didn't have U-Scans I would feel a bit uncomfortable but I would go for it anyway. I know they most likely don't care, but I get a little weird when it comes to personal items.

D

deleted556573

Back in my teenage/early twenties years, I found it very embarrassing to buy underwear in a store. By age 25, I was pretty much over it for one reason: I realized that whomever the person was who manning the cash register was typically someone I will never see again (the same goes for anyone I might encounter while standing in line at the cash register who might "discover" that I wear low rise or bikini briefs). By and large, this is the case. This isn't limited to purchasing underwear. This applies to anything you might purchase that you would find awkward: condom/lube purchases, enemas, suppositories, etc..

As someone else posted in this thread, most people who are manning these registers have very little interest in what they are running across the scanner, but much more interested in how many hours and minutes are left of their shift.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Young guys think jockstraps are weird, sorry to say. A few years ago, I went into a sports store and asked a kid maybe 10 if they sold jockstraps. He looked puzzled. The owner, a man in his 50's, quickly came over and showed me... they were behind the counter, like condoms in the old days!
I like the fact that the kid must have had to think about jockstraps. I often ask that in stores, tho I usually ask an older man. I HATE buying underwear or jocks when there's a woman at the cashier,and I DEFINITELY remember being self-conscious and sweating it out as a teenager when I had to--casually--just toss the box containing my jockstrap on the counter, but man, what a fuckin turn on.

Um, obviously , I mean 19 not 10 in my post!

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm unsure how you larger guys get underwear to fit I'm not overly large but find the ball room in most are insufficient.

So why does it have to fit so well? If it doesn't fit, then it can bulge a bit. As somebody said, underwear is designed for "average" guys. It's more economical that way I think. Boxers are the most accommodating, as they are designed not to be restrictive.