CA Politics: Limbaugh Mocks Chinese Leadership

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I wonder if Mr. Limbaugh has even been to China. The US props up dictatorships with far worse human rights records than China, yet the anti China propaganda is trotted out parrot-fashion. Good patriot, Mr. Limbaugh.

China has been steadily changing since Mao died and it will continue to change, but the way China does things, slowly.

I doubt anyone here is going to get upset by Limbaugh. He is just another ignorant loudmouthed western fool. He simply adds to the dumb merichun stereotype.

noirman

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
To quote Rosie or Rush is a waste of quotation marks: They thrive on the outrageous because it promotes ratings. What's faceking's and Flame80's excuse for making Republican conservatives appear not a little dim? (That's a litote, not an oxymoron, btw)

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"dumbass liberal" is oxymoronic in itself.

I wonder if some of you think that this quote succeeds in insulting liberals? It does just the opposite, you know.

Let X = Duh.

Why do you think we jumped on this? Faceking doesn't even know what "oxymoronic" means, apparently.

ROFLMAO.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
what a about that Pig Rosie O'Donnell?

It's been stated before, but I'll repeat it one more time.
Comedians have more leeway with what they say and criticize than political commentators. That's how we know Rosie O'Donnell is joking when she does it, and Rush Limbaugh isn't. The same way we don't go after or criticize George Carlin for saying n*****, but will go after Jesse Helms if he does.

Get it? :rolleyes:
This false equivalency stuff needs to stop. When will context and intent ever count when someone makes a statement in this country?

MikeBD

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In defense of the Imes thing he did attack a group of college age girls verbally I think thats where the extra outrage comes from.

And really Rosie O'Donnell?? well then again they are both just really bad comedians so I guess your counterpoint stands.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I do not understand how Imes could be fired for making a comment about a hair do and Rush can trash so many people.
Well, to be clear, Imus did a little more than comment on a hairdo.

From the April 4 edition of MSNBC's Imus in the Morning:
IMUS: So, I watched the basketball game last night between -- a little bit of Rutgers and Tennessee, the women's final.
ROSENBERG: Yeah, Tennessee won last night -- seventh championship for [Tennessee coach] Pat Summitt, I-Man. They beat Rutgers by 13 points.
IMUS: That's some rough girls from Rutgers. Man, they got tattoos and --
McGUIRK: Some hard-core hos.
IMUS: That's some nappy-headed hos there. I'm gonna tell you that now, man, that's some -- woo. And the girls from Tennessee, they all look cute, you know, so, like -- kinda like -- I don't know.
McGUIRK: A Spike Lee thing.
IMUS: Yeah.
McGUIRK: The Jigaboos vs. the Wannabes -- that movie that he had.
IMUS: Yeah, it was a tough --
McCORD: Do The Right Thing.
McGUIRK: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
IMUS: I don't know if I'd have wanted to beat Rutgers or not, but they did, right?
ROSENBERG: It was a tough watch. The more I look at Rutgers, they look exactly like the Toronto Raptors.
IMUS: Well, I guess, yeah.
RUFFINO: Only tougher.
McGUIRK: The [Memphis] Grizzlies would be more appropriate.
More hilariously offensive comments from sportscasters here:

Last edited:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"dumbass liberal" is oxymoronic in itself.

I wonder if some of you think that this quote succeeds in insulting liberals? It does just the opposite, you know.

An oxymoron is a figure of speech constituting a combination a contradictory terms. In other words, two things that contradict each other. The classic example is "military intelligence." See, it's an insult to the military because, by calling it an oxymoron, you're saying that the military is the OPPOSITE of intelligent.

To say that the term "dumbass liberal" is an oxymoron is the say that liberals are the OPPOSITE of dumbasses. Not an insult.

Wonder how many are still laughing, and how many have clicked over to upload more pics of their cocks, pretending they never read any of this?

Since you quoted me and implied that I, amongst others didn't catch the true meaning, I'll respond by saying, that, "Yyesss, we got it."

And since we all got it, immediately, because it was such an obvious and hilarious gaffe, your attempt at witty condescension has had rather the opposite effect you'd intended.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
:eek:Rush Limbaugh is not fit to carry Leland Yee's laptop or anything else. He is an excellent legislator,
Face king. you obviously know nothing about him. Limpaw has trashed everyone he deems unacceptable. HE IS UNACCEPTABLE. He is a racist, homophobic , anti-American slob who uses character assasination. He never uses factual information. he creates numbers in his head. He uses bald face lies to enhance his fiction. Elton John was kind enough to play at his fourth wedding, despite his hateful remarks simply because John is a man of character. Rush is not. Rush clearly does not embrace the sanctity of marriage; he mocks it with his behavior. Rush clearly does not believe in sobriety; he is the United States main source of oxycontin abuse today. And he denounces others for what he does daily: lie. bear false witness against others, practice every hypocrisy known to mankind and hurt anyone he disagrees with.
Leland Yee, on the other hand, is quite the opposite. i am proud of him. and the only fuckwads are you and those who support Rush and his endless bullshit.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and in other hypocritical liberal news...

ardent liberals make reference to Justice Clarence Thomas should be dragged out and hung....(no LSPG horndogs...not that type of hung... lynched hung)

NAACP silent. MSNBC does not consider a story.

...page 2.

[edit: I forgot... they also asked for Thomas' wife to be hung as well]

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
and in other hypocritical liberal news...

ardent liberals make reference to Justice Clarence Thomas should be dragged out and hung....(no LSPG horndogs...not that type of hung... lynched hung)

NAACP silent. MSNBC does not consider a story.

...page 2.

Link please, or it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nice try. It's well known here, that I don't listen to Rush, and can call him out for what he is. So spew your hate elsewhere... and I will safely bet I know more about State Sen Yee than you, without having to Google...I'll leave it at that. He's yet another public hack... just as Rush is an entertainment hack, as is Olbermann is an entertainment hack. Just because a (D) after a name exists, you can't spout "excellent legislator" for the sake of it.

:eek:Rush Limbaugh is not fit to carry Leland Yee's laptop or anything else. He is an excellent legislator,
Face king. you obviously know nothing about him. Limpaw has trashed everyone he deems unacceptable. HE IS UNACCEPTABLE. He is a racist, homophobic , anti-American slob who uses character assasination. He never uses factual information. he creates numbers in his head. He uses bald face lies to enhance his fiction. Elton John was kind enough to play at his fourth wedding, despite his hateful remarks simply because John is a man of character. Rush is not. Rush clearly does not embrace the sanctity of marriage; he mocks it with his behavior. Rush clearly does not believe in sobriety; he is the United States main source of oxycontin abuse today. And he denounces others for what he does daily: lie. bear false witness against others, practice every hypocrisy known to mankind and hurt anyone he disagrees with.
Leland Yee, on the other hand, is quite the opposite. i am proud of him. and the only fuckwads are you and those who support Rush and his endless bullshit.

bisexualjock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Apparently nobody here was alive during the Cold War? Remember the caricatures of Russians propagated by the media? Where was the outcry then?

That Californian Chinese state legislator probably wasn't crying foul everytime somebody made a Soviet joke, or attempted a Russian accent while telling a Yakov Smirnoff joke.

SR_Dee_Zasther

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nice try. It's well known here, that I don't listen to Rush, and can call him out for what he is. So spew your hate elsewhere... and I will safely bet I know more about State Sen Yee than you, without having to Google...I'll leave it at that. He's yet another public hack... just as Rush is an entertainment hack, as is Olbermann is an entertainment hack. Just because a (D) after a name exists, you can't spout "excellent legislator" for the sake of it.

Leland Yee has done an immense amount of work to help minority and impoverished communities throughout the bay area. His history of involvement with successful progressive community groups and legislation spans more than a decade; he is far from a "hack", and it's an insult to imply that his contribution to society and our political discourse is on the same level as Rush and shows an ignorance of his political career. His issues with Rush's blatant and unrepentant racism is justified and valid. When someone as listened to as Limbaugh expresses racism, especially to a listening audience that is documented as being one of the most uninformed about current events and history, it endorses, encourages and validates racist behavior in others, making it more permissible. That kind of behavior does real damage to our society, and moves the zeitgeist of public opinion backwards by decades rather than forward by steps.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Leland Yee has done an immense amount of work to help minority and impoverished communities throughout the bay area. His history of involvement with successful progressive community groups and legislation spans more than a decade; he is far from a "hack", and it's an insult to imply that his contribution to society and our political discourse is on the same level as Rush and shows an ignorance of his political career. His issues with Rush's blatant and unrepentant racism is justified and valid. When someone as listened to as Limbaugh expresses racism, especially to a listening audience that is documented as being one of the most uninformed about current events and history, it endorses, encourages and validates racist behavior in others, making it more permissible. That kind of behavior does real damage to our society, and moves the zeitgeist of public opinion backwards by decades rather than forward by steps.

A political hack and entertainment hack are not one and the same. I hope Yee wins the SF mayorship... that city deserves him.

It take it you have the same feeling towards everyone impersonating the prior Governor's Austrian accent as well? And feel disgusted by the nation of dragging a black public official (at the highest of Federal levels) out to be hung a gross neglegence... by an audience who endorses themselves as most privy and sensitvie to race in America...

"zeitgeist of public opinion backwards"

Oh my... such zealotry. Do you feel better calling out this human rights crisis now?

Last edited: