CA Politics: Limbaugh Mocks Chinese Leadership

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Since Faceking didn't want to provide the link to the newest "phony outrage" that he's now exploiting to make yet another case of false equivalency, I decided to do a little searching and came up with this - Code Pink teams up with Muslim Brotherhood

Apparently at a recent progressive rally at the Koch Brothers conference in Palm Springs, some of the attendees said some rather off the mark things about Clarence Thomas and other known political figures of the right. Faceking, like he does so much around here, says that since MSNBC and other known liberal media sources didn't cover this and yelled out, "Shame on you for threatening these people", that there's a glaring hypocrisy going on. And, of course, once you start paying attention to the particulars you can easily see how there is none.

First off, when you click on the video link you find out that the person who made the video is named Christian Hartsock - who just happens to be a regular contributor for Andrew Breitbart, the man who infamously produced and propagated the phony video scandal about Shirley Sherrod last year. Christian Hartsock - Big Journalism

Secondly, you can also see how Hartsock tried to imply racism, just like Faceking is doing right now, by pointing out that a white woman said derogative things about a black man with the same exact footage on another blog... also ran by Andrew Bretibart. - » White Political Ralliers Call for Lynching of Black Justice (Sorry MSM, No Tea in this Blend) - Big Government

Just like in other homemade videos like this where someone working for the "other side" attends a rally and films what they believe to be the dimmest of the bulbs, Hartsock intentionally targeted very precise people and asked them repeatedly about Clarence Thomas then took a handful of the most outrageous comments and strung them together in a pathetic iMovie style YouTube clip to imply that the majority of attendees at the rally are violent, vigilant and racist. However, when was the last time anyone from the left acted out on their anger and convictions in such a manner? Where are the "liberal lynchings" despite the words of a few obviously loony people on a homemade video? Does anyone believe for a second that someone from the left is going to see or hear this video and be prompted to violent action? All one has to do is pay attention to the ever growing list of domestic terrorist attacks to figure out the answer. The Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting, Fort Hood Shooting, Austin IRS attack, Murder of George Tiller, the recent shooting in Tuscon... were any of these committed by those "on the left"? Of course not.

This, just like the Shirley Sherrod incident, is partisan bullshit dreamed up by people who like to use race as a divisive tactic to hopefully spark phony outrage and fabricated controversy. While it's true that racists do exist in every corner of politics (regardless of the political affiliation), it's also true that actions speak a lot louder than words. When some progressive lunatic tries to assassinate Clarence Thomas or another government official, then we can revisit this and other statements made by them and see if there's a correlation. But for now, there's nothing to talk about. That is, unless, you're just a disgruntled person who seems to think the left is trying to take everything away from you and give it to the ghetto, and have made it a lifelong crusade to twist and distort any instance where someone with a different ideology talks about someone of a different color negatively into a phony rallying call for civil rights. Something that Faceking has done repeatedly in threads for a long time now.

And Faceking is also wrong about MSNBC not covering the rally. Rahcel Maddow (who has been talking about the actions of the Koch Brothers for more than a year now) touched on the subject matter on her nightly show and a story does appear on the MSNBC website - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41342757/ns/us_news/

On top of all this... it's completely off topic! Just another diversion from the thread's original subject matter since it's obvious that nobody trying to defend Rush Limbaugh for his belittling comments has a leg to stand on. But at least we all know what's really going on behind the scenes. And as usual, there's nothing to see or take seriously. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Leland Yee is an excellent legislator, but only if you think that corporations should be responsible and that working people shouldnt be punished for the recession. i realize these are scary ideas for the GOP, Faceking, but they are the truth. want to see his record? visit the california state senate website. He was right to attack Limpaw for his humiliatingly racist views about how more than one billion people can speak Chinese. Perhaps in Rush's Oxycontin -soaked brain, Mandarin sounds unintelligible. But to Americans who can actually think, Rush speaks pure dreck, not English.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Back to Rush Ranting, and see you are now saying it's racist views vs. mocking the dialect....Yawn, while I read today's local news and see Yee is CLEARLY open about being in the deep pockets of the local unions. 'Nuff said.

Wow, corporations are responsible for the recession...

Leland Yee is an excellent legislator, but only if you think that corporations should be responsible and that working people shouldnt be punished for the recession. i realize these are scary ideas for the GOP, Faceking, but they are the truth. want to see his record? visit the california state senate website. He was right to attack Limpaw for his humiliatingly racist views about how more than one billion people can speak Chinese. Perhaps in Rush's Oxycontin -soaked brain, Mandarin sounds unintelligible. But to Americans who can actually think, Rush speaks pure dreck, not English.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Back to Rush Ranting, and see you are now saying it's racist views vs. mocking the dialect....Yawn, while I read today's local news and see Yee is CLEARLY open about being in the deep pockets of the local unions. 'Nuff said.

If you were willing to pay attention to context and the stages where such comments are actually made just once in your sad, race inciting life, you'd see that there really is a difference. Rush Limbaugh is not a comedian, nor assumes a stage where his sad attempts at comedy come across as jokes. His long standing problems regarding race is long documented and cannot be disputed. And even if he did make a joke, it was in bad taste and people still have a right to be offended.

Alas, false equivalency is your middle name and due to your own fears and frustrations of not having the guts to say the controversial words yourself, you live them out through your posts on LPSG. If it's not defending Rush Limbaugh when he fucks up, it's posting inciting comments towards liberals and gay men on this board for not acting outraged when a progressive says something out of character about Clarence Thomas, or your recent thread about not getting "African Americans" that had to be moved from this section since it had absolutely nothing to do with Politics. I could go on and it would take me more than one complete post to list all of the instances. You continually have to try and equate every comment surrounding the same topic to being the exact same thing. What's next, apples and oranges are exactly the same because they're fruit and due to the fact that you're a banana who hates both you needed to point that out? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SR_Dee_Zasther

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A political hack and entertainment hack are not one and the same. I hope Yee wins the SF mayorship... that city deserves him.

It take it you have the same feeling towards everyone impersonating the prior Governor's Austrian accent as well? And feel disgusted by the nation of dragging a black public official (at the highest of Federal levels) out to be hung a gross neglegence... by an audience who endorses themselves as most privy and sensitvie to race in America...

"zeitgeist of public opinion backwards"

Oh my... such zealotry. Do you feel better calling out this human rights crisis now?

I was going to write out an in depth response, but then it hit me that if you can't see the difference between parodying someones accent and denigrating the native language of a people because you didn't learn it, then you don't possess the critical thinking capacity to make it worth while. As for my "zealotry", I don't see how you got that from the phrase you quoted so I'm just assuming you didn't understand it:)