Cafe 52...first visit to a gay bath house

athleticguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey guys. I don't post a lot on here but I'm a 21 y/o university student in the UK, bisexual (leaning more to guys I spose) and have a pretty nice dick. I've had enough expirience with guys to know what I'm doing.

So in September, I told my group of guy mates my 'situation', and they were all really cool. There's about 8-10 of us that hang out and they all just went 'ok, whatever' when I told them. Nothing's changed at all. One night, we were out in a club and my mate Mike suggested we hit the gay bars in town and pick me up a guy. Cue 10 lads dancing to awful cheesy music and me heading home with a rugby player.

Anyway me and said rugby player were walking to a taxi and I saw this little place called 'Cafe 52'. It looked like a normal cafe, but had frosted glass and barred windows. Rugby Player explained it was a gay sauna.

Few months later and I was debating whether or not to go. Rugby Player and me got caught by one of his team mates and he had a bit of a midlife crisis, so I don't get to see him so much anymore. I had a whole day off class one Friday and thought fuck it, I'll go.

It was cool. I didn't fuck any guys but sucked a couple off. I went at about 3pm so it was an interesting crowd. Some kinda hot guys, most 30's or above, but I got with this guy my age who worked at Tesco. He was a little too effeminite for my liking, but hey.

Anyway I went into the steam room and was sitting there staring at the wall. It was full of older men, a few chubby guys, nobody I was interested in. And not a word was said. It was tense, nobody seemed to know what to do, and I began thinking that maybe these older guys, who sit in the steam room and don't talk to anyone just come here to use the facilities. Like, maybe they dont agree with unisex steam rooms or something.

So eventually, people are coming in and out, and I see this guy sitting over from me jerking his cock and staring at me. I'd just got back from a week in the maldives, so I was looking pretty golden, and I'd been at the gym so my body was looking kinda toned. He was about 45, pretty tall, not unattractive by any means, and had a massive tool. I'd never seen anything so thick and long and meaty. Most the guys in the room watched this guy watch me. I felt kinda powerful.

I just teased him for a bit; I didn't know the protocal for starting conversation, but when I left the steam room, washing myself down at one of the showers, he was right on my tail. Out of the darkened room, his dick looked even bigger.

We made small talk and I acted cool, and he talked me into going into a room with him. I loved sucking on his dick, and he clearly enjoyed it too. He wasn't great at giving head himself, but he was really keen to fuck me. I wasn't up for it; that thing would split me in half. He'd be on top of me, kissing me, I'd be on top of him, grinding my little pucker into his dick, it was hot.

Anyway we both shot our loads and cleaned up. I'd been there for three hours so I needed to get home. On my way home, though, I started feeling really low. Really cheap. The guy I had just been with seemed more repulsive upon reflection; his big dick didn't seem inviting and I felt a bit sleazy parading around that place.

Anyone else felt like this? It shouldn't be an issue of confidence since I've been with guys before, and people know about my situation...but I think I felt a bit guilty, too? Heck I dunno. Would love to hear peoples thoughts.

hunkydory

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey loved reading your post - it brought back some memories. I have felt like that and been to many bath houses - although not in years now. Sometimes I have walked out of there and was really glad I went, sometimes felt exactly like you did and sometimes just forgotten about it.

If this is the first time you have been there is no doubt that you might feel the whole thing was kind of sleazy - bath houses are, but don't confuse that with you or your sexuality. There are parts to the public'er aspects of gay sex that can be rather lewed, but I have also met some of my best friends that way and met some wonderful people along the way.

One of the blessings about gay sex and the curse as well is that there is not a lot of models of what it should be or where it should happen - people have made it work for themselves to suit there personalities. It is inevitable that you are going to want to find where your boundary lines are and that means you are probably going to have a lot more trashy sex along the way - and good for you :smile:

My advise is to lighten up on yourself and give yourself credit for going - and nothing wrong with parading around and being the object of everyones desire for a while. And you may find that you end up back there - just don't go in the afternoon on a weekday - that is where you get the most depressing crowd. :wink:

Last edited:

hunkydory

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ps. I used to think that all the sexual mistakes I made when I was younger had the power to do permanent damage to my sexuality or that they made me less attractive - they don't. In the end they gave me more informed choices and a better sense of what I like and don't like. Once I took ownership of my sexuality I realized how much I let other people define me when I was younger. You will either forget this experience or be laughing about it with someone someday.

None of this post address the HIV STD issue. There are tons of them in a bathhouses - I'll save the lecture about being careful and using condoms - I am in my 40's now and HIV neg. after living in NYC for 30 years. You just have to make sure you are vigilant about being safe.

Last edited:

hunkydory

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And don"t ever go to a bath house on a weekday in the middle of the afternoon again - it is like fishing in a polluted pond!