Cajun Town Bans Saggy Pants

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by muscleboy9, Jun 13, 2007.

1. muscleboy9

muscleboy9 Member

Jun 13, 2007

DELCAMBRE, La. (AP) - Sag your britches somewhere else, this Cajun-country town has decided.

Mayor Carol Broussard said he would sign an ordinance the town council approved this week setting penalties of up to six months in jail and a $500 fine for being caught in pants that show undergarments or certain parts of the body.

Broussard said he has nothing against saggy pants but thinks people who wear them should use discretion. "It's gotten way out of hand out here," he said.

Albert Roy, the councilman who introduced the ordinance, said he thought the fine was a little steep and should be more in the $25 range, but he still favored the measure.

"I don't know if it will do any good, but it won't hurt," Roy said. "It's obvious, and anybody with common sense can see your parts when you wear sagging pants."

Broussard's advice for people who like their pants to hang low: "Just wear it properly. Cover your vital parts. I mean, if you expose your private parts, you'll get a fine. If you walk up and your pants drop, you get a fine. They're better off taking the pants off and just wearing a dress."

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Hahaha. That's funny to me.

3. invisibleman

Gold Member

I thought that Cajuns were more relaxed than that. Hmph! America is getting less and less sexier.

4. muscleboy9

muscleboy9 Member

That's true. :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Some saggers have to hold up their pants with one hand or they will fall down!

5. EddieAztek

EddieAztek New Member

Albums:
    Good news! I :mad: hate that shit.

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I hate sagging, and I understand the sentiment behind the ban... but I don't think it's Constitutional for them to do something like that. I wouldn't mind seeing the rooftop hairstyles go by the wayside, too, but I don't think it should be done by legislation. The city council is WAY out of line.

7. HandTool

HandTool New Member

This is govt. gone over the deep end. No I don't find thae fashion attractive but legislating fashion is treading dangerously on freedom of expression.

8. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Sounds like something that in a few years will be put in those books of "Looney Laws" :biggrin1:

I found out from one of those books that it is illegal in Indiana to take a bath in the wintertime! I was a repeat offender and didn't even know it!

9. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

It isn't the saggy pants they banned. It's the gluteal cleavage, and pubic hair being shown in public that is banned. I saw one guy wearing his low. He had on two different kinds of underwear to keep you from seeing his cleft. Trust me, if you don't bathe, I don't want to see your booty or your cootie.

10. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Ew why would you show off your junk to the public.. I don't care how proud you are... put it away...

11. Uncutsouthernboy

Uncutsouthernboy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Bout time. There ain't nothing sexy about sagging. What is sexy about constantly pulling up your pants? While I am at it, what is sexy about these guys with their bangs so long that you can see their face nor can they see and are constantly tossing their head to get their hair out of their eyes so they can see? If they are saggers at the same time it looks as if they are having some kind of fit... pull up pants, toss head, pull up pants, toss head etc.

12. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    The saggy pants thing is so old school and should be put to rest anyway. Then again, with all that is going on in the world, this is what this particular mayor is focused on. Sometimes I shudder to think of what the future holds.

Draft saved Draft deleted