Cajun Town Bans Saggy Pants

muscleboy9

Experimental Member
Media
Jun 13, 2007

DELCAMBRE, La. (AP) - Sag your britches somewhere else, this Cajun-country town has decided.

Mayor Carol Broussard said he would sign an ordinance the town council approved this week setting penalties of up to six months in jail and a $500 fine for being caught in pants that show undergarments or certain parts of the body.

Broussard said he has nothing against saggy pants but thinks people who wear them should use discretion. "It's gotten way out of hand out here," he said.

Albert Roy, the councilman who introduced the ordinance, said he thought the fine was a little steep and should be more in the $25 range, but he still favored the measure.

"I don't know if it will do any good, but it won't hurt," Roy said. "It's obvious, and anybody with common sense can see your parts when you wear sagging pants."

Broussard's advice for people who like their pants to hang low: "Just wear it properly. Cover your vital parts. I mean, if you expose your private parts, you'll get a fine. If you walk up and your pants drop, you get a fine. They're better off taking the pants off and just wearing a dress."

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate sagging, and I understand the sentiment behind the ban... but I don't think it's Constitutional for them to do something like that. I wouldn't mind seeing the rooftop hairstyles go by the wayside, too, but I don't think it should be done by legislation. The city council is WAY out of line.

HandTool

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This is govt. gone over the deep end. No I don't find thae fashion attractive but legislating fashion is treading dangerously on freedom of expression.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sounds like something that in a few years will be put in those books of "Looney Laws" :biggrin1:

I found out from one of those books that it is illegal in Indiana to take a bath in the wintertime! I was a repeat offender and didn't even know it!

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
It isn't the saggy pants they banned. It's the gluteal cleavage, and pubic hair being shown in public that is banned. I saw one guy wearing his low. He had on two different kinds of underwear to keep you from seeing his cleft. Trust me, if you don't bathe, I don't want to see your booty or your cootie.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
Bout time. There ain't nothing sexy about sagging. What is sexy about constantly pulling up your pants? While I am at it, what is sexy about these guys with their bangs so long that you can see their face nor can they see and are constantly tossing their head to get their hair out of their eyes so they can see? If they are saggers at the same time it looks as if they are having some kind of fit... pull up pants, toss head, pull up pants, toss head etc.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The saggy pants thing is so old school and should be put to rest anyway. Then again, with all that is going on in the world, this is what this particular mayor is focused on. Sometimes I shudder to think of what the future holds.