Calif. carpenter can work in the buff

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by edonline, Sep 9, 2007.

1. edonline

Gold Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070909/ap_on_fe_st/odd_nude_carpenter

Calif. carpenter can work in the buff
    Sun Sep 9, 4:23 PM ET

A carpenter caught hammering nails and sawing wood in the nude has been found by a judge to be not guilty of indecent exposure.

Alameda County Superior Court Judge Julie Conger ruled Thursday that although Percy Honniball of Oakland was naked, he was not acting lewdly or seeking sexual gratification.

Honniball, 51, was arrested last year after he was spotted building cabinets in the buff at a home where he had been hired to work.

The carpenter has said he likes to work in the nude because it's more comfortable and it helps him keep his clothes clean.

Honniball earned two years' probation in 2003 after being caught three times working naked in Berkeley, which prohibits public nudity. Oakland does not have a similar ban.

2. Principessa

Gold Member

I could use some bookshelves if he's not booked up through the end of the year already. :wink:

3. prickleyguy

prickleyguy Member

Albums:
    It sounds just plain dangerous to be sawing and drilling near your dangley bits to me:eek:
    Working in your own shop nude is one thing, working nude in your clients home is getting pretty weird if you ask me......

4. simcha

Gold Member

LOL! I love Oakland. We're not uptight here like up in Berkeley. Everyone thinks that Berzerkley is so "open minded" and "liberal." No, they're control freaks. If you really want to live in an open minded and liberal place, live in Oakland.

5. naughty

Gold Member

I bet that like any place that has been given flavor by artists at one time is now inhabited by Yuppies who want the flavor without the grit. It happens all over.

6. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

wonder if he does plumbing. i need a new terlit installed in the basement of my house.

7. simcha

Gold Member

All Yuppies must die. I hate yuppies. They ruined my neighborhood where I lived in Chicago for 7 years, pushing out all of the original and cool inhabitants in favor of Starbucks and all that ilk. They priced out decent working class folk in favor of rich white whiney people.

Berkeley, is taken over by white, rich, self-righteous, and smug people. They don't want any of those people living in their neighborhoods. NIMBYism rules Berkeley. I mean, poor people don't buy organic. (Why? Because they can't afford to go to Whole Foods (Whole Paycheck)). And poor people don't drive Priuses (hybrids). Well, that's because they can't afford a new car. I work with the homeless in Berkeley and they get harrassed terribly by the police who are under orders from city hall who are the puppets of rich white allegedly "socially conscious" people who don't want those people in Berkeley. It disgusts me on a regular basis.

:soapbox:

8. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I hope teh atmosphere is a lot different if you're a college student. I really have my heart set on going to Berkeley, but I want to enjoy where I'm living just as much as where i'm learning.

9. simcha

Gold Member

I imagine that it's popular with College students. There are so many of them. Just save your pennies. It's EXTREMELY expensive there, just to live let alone go to school.

10. jcjb2002

jcjb2002 Member

RAIDERS!:biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted