California is burning!!!!

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know this is not a penile issue. My state is on fire and it's getting worse. Two of my best friends have lost their homes in Malibu. I am not religious, but could some of you say a small prayer, for the victims, and for the extra ordinary efforts of the firemen and firewomen who are out there trying to save California.

My sincere thanks to all of you.

sneakyd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Been on our news down here the past couple of nights . We have bad fire seasons here in Australia , but it's impossible to imagine anything on that scale . Half a million people evacuated ? Stay safe .

Jimbo

Experimental Member
Media
Lake Los Angeles (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This isn't the first time for CA. I wonder how much of it was arson ?

The first fires that appear are arson, then the winds do the rest to spread them. It is terrible what gets some people off at the expense and lives of others. The Santa Ana winds come each year and coincidentally we ALWAYS get something burning when the conditions line up to do maximum damage.

This year they had somewhat of a "perfect storm" of dryness, heat and high winds and took advantage of it big time setting fires up and down the Southern California coast and in selected inland mountain areas. I have lived in Los Angeles since 1980 and this could be our Katrina since they don't expect the winds to die down until THURSDAY and the evacuations, now upwards of 500,000 are sure to continue.

Damn.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Yeah, it's sickening and disturbing to realize that the ash that we're annoyed with, is only momentary, when we realize that it was probably all that's left of someone's home. I was out on the eastern edge of Malibu this morning, and my car was covered within just a couple hours.

While there's no "bright side" to any of this, right now, the setting sun is spectacular. (Whoops, forgot to hit "Post..." then)

Thoughts and prayers to those in need,
n_b

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This isn't the first time for CA. I wonder how much of it was arson ?

Having lived in Los Angeles (Brentwood and Mendeville Canyon), these usually aren't arson persay as much as it is some moron not paying attention and throwing a cigarette from a car into the dry brush and WHOOSH!

These fires are especially bad since they are acompanied by the Santa Ana winds. They are dry winds that fan fires and bring those awful little sand fleas into the city.

My prayers are with you.