California Pizza, Chicago Pizza, or New York Pizza?

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Which do you feel taste a bit better and why? Your preference living in your area or elsewhere...Curious to know.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Which do you feel taste a bit better and why? Your preference living in your area or elsewhere...Curious to know.
New York has the best pizza it has to do wth the water and better cooking methods. No real New York style pizza can be named as there are plenty of different ones in crust size, sauce flavor, amount of standard cheese and materials put in the dough battere.

Just give me a nice large uncut Sicillian which I can eat from one end to the othere.

B_windycityxxx

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For me its a tie between Chicago Deep and NY thin, depnding on what I'm in the mood for.Chicago deep dish if you want lots of Cheese and Meat, but you have to get it from a few select places in Chicago. I've had "Chicago Style" pizza all over the country and its never nearly as good as the stuff at home. My NYC friends say the same about NY style thin crust. Not a big fan of Cali stlye pizza. A lot has to do with what you grew up eating. People in IOWA think thier pizza is great. It's Not

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you want a good laugh, read the whole thread. At my house you serve wine with pizza.
I;ll read the thread but I will cry as I think of you serving a deep red wine with pizza. {I only drank white wine when it was free as some know I had to give it all up}

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
At my house you serve wine with pizza.

Ditto. And they do a lot of it in Italy, as well.

As far as the thread query, I am a huge pizza fan, and so I can be quite content with some hefty Chicago deep dish, some floppy NY thin crust, or some foofy California hippie stuff. Especially with some primo vino accompanying. :wink:

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
all pizza is my weakness ....... I like a nice cold glass of milk with mine

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never been to NY, but there used to be a place over near Arcata that had "NY-style" pizza, and it was fantastic. Thin crust, light sauce, meatballs, and extra cheese. Probably the best pizza I've ever had in my life. Second best is from a local joint that has a pizza called the garbage can, which has pretty much everything on it the law allows. It's a really good, honest pizza, fresh ingredients, assembled by human beings who obviously give a crap about what they are doing and aren't just cogs in some corporate food machine.

That said, I'm not super picky about my pizza. I generally like thin crust, though stuffed crust can be pretty decent as well. I'm pretty much burned out on Canadian bacon and pineapple for the rest of my life, but otherwise I'm pretty flexible on ingredients, and I like stuff that's a bit out of the ordinary--kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, pickles, chicken and jalapenos, extra garlic, and (though I'm sure some of you will gag over the thought) anchovies.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Definitely favor NY style. When I was down in the city I went to some hole in the wall near Grand Central. 99c slices and it blew everything we have in Detroit out of the water, as well as all the pizza in Ithaca NY where I go to school.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

New York, thin crust is my fave.

IMO Chicago style isn't so much pizza as pizza casserole. I like the flavors they put together, but I just can't get past the thick crust. :redface:

As for California, I wasn't even aware they had Italians, let alone pizza. :tongue:

ghb69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
The Food Network did a show on "Food Detectives" on just this subject.

Had three chefs one from NYC., one from Cali., and one from Chicago, all make three of their pizzas. The only difference was the water they used for each one.

In the blind taste test the pizzas made with NYC water won.

Even so I do prefer a thin crust.

Boondocksaints

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Places outside the NY tri-state area who advertise as "NY style" usually suck. Due to the large number of Italians in a concentrated area, there are many pizzerias and thus they have to be at least somewhat good to stay in business.