called out

UgotMales

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
so a couple weeks ago I was in the or and there is a new tech well to say it all he is bulgin like me, that is in the or scrubs, the hospital supplys those. well a woman we work with said damn boys tye those together and we can jump rope
fun, embars. but fun

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I would think that by the time you got tied together they wouldn't be able to jump rope.

They'd have to pole vault.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
It's easy, guys.

The poor guy was frelded at work when he and his colleague got sluded by some frackin woman of the female persuasion. Then they connected their pendulums and double doofed for hours.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Translation:
So, a couple of weeks ago I was in the operating room, and there was a new technician. Well, to say it all, he is bulging like me – that is, in the operating room scrubs: the hospital supplies those. Well, a woman we work with said, "Damn, boys! Tie those together, and we can jump rope!" Fun . . . embarrassing, but fun.

I used to decipher tougher texts than that every day in class. Luckily, my students came to realize that I wasn't kidding when I told them that I insisted on their using punctuation.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@May 10 2005, 09:03 AM
I used to decipher tougher texts than that every day in class. Luckily, my students came to realize that I wasn't kidding when I told them that I insisted on their using punctuation.
[post=309789]Quoted post[/post]​
High school students. "Is that a G or a Q?" "It's a 7!"

zaphod

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It scares me that someone working in an operating room could be that illiterate. Don't you have to at least have a High School diploma to get a job like that?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by zaphod@May 10 2005, 05:21 PM
It scares me that someone working in an operating room could be that illiterate. Don't you have to at least have a High School diploma to get a job like that?
[post=309848]Quoted post[/post]​

Not to push a mop.

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by UgotMales@May 10 2005, 11:02 AM
so a couple weeks ago I was in the or and there is a new tech well to say it all he is bulgin like me, that is in the or scrubs, the hospital supplys those.  well a woman  we work with said damn boys tye those together and we can jump rope
fun, embars. but fun
[post=309700]Quoted post[/post]​

HAHHAHAHA

Now thats funny!

zaphod

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have no problem with a few typos and spelling errors, I make those, and occasionaly I don't capitalize or use proper punctuation, but it should be understandable to the general public. If it isn't, the writer is illiterate. (not able to communicate in writing.)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Typos, misspellings and creative grammar don't bother me online.

After all, if we typed like we really speak we'd all be responding, "Huh?"

southPA50

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@May 10 2005, 01:03 PM
Translation:
So, a couple of weeks ago I was in the operating room, and there was a new technician. Well, to say it all, he is bulging like me – that is, in the operating room scrubs: the hospital supplies those. Well, a woman we work with said, "Damn, boys! Tie those together, and we can jump rope!" Fun . . . embarrassing, but fun.

[post=309789]Quoted post[/post]​

Righteous grammar & punctuation on the internet is like a breath of fresh air.

Poor grammar & missing punctuation is simply laziness. It just speaks poorly of the writer. Good for you for making them toe the line!

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Pecker@May 12 2005, 08:30 PM
Typos, misspellings and creative grammar don't bother me online.

After all, if we typed like we really speak we'd all be responding, "Huh?"
[post=310492]Quoted post[/post]​
there's a fairly broad line between idiosyncratic typing and unintelligible typing, at least in my opinion. text doesn't allow us the freedom speech does in that respect - we've only got 26 characters and a dozen punctuation marks to work with here, so SOME amount of homogenization is unfortunately necessary if we're all gonna understand each other.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock+May 12 2005, 05:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr Rock &#064; May 12 2005, 05:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pecker@May 12 2005, 08:30 PM
Typos, misspellings and creative grammar don&#39;t bother me online.

After all, if we typed like we really speak we&#39;d all be responding, "Huh?"
[post=310492]Quoted post[/post]​
there&#39;s a fairly broad line between idiosyncratic typing and unintelligible typing, at least in my opinion. text doesn&#39;t allow us the freedom speech does in that respect - we&#39;ve only got 26 characters and a dozen punctuation marks to work with here, so SOME amount of homogenization is unfortunately necessary if we&#39;re all gonna understand each other.
[post=310522]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Funny, Doc, but I can hardly tell you have an accent.

I wonder if we&#39;d need interpreters IRL.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by wispandex_bulge@May 12 2005, 10:36 AM
You know, not everyone on here uses perfect punctuation. No need.

Here is an excellent illustration of just how important proper punctuation and capitalization can be. Read the two versions of the "Dear Jack" letter and notice how punctuation and capitalization can make the exact same words mean something so completely different:

Version 1
Dear Jack,
I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind and thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we&#39;re apart. I can be forever happy – will you let me be yours? Jill

Version 2
Dear Jack,
I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind and thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men I yearn. For you I have no feelings whatsoever. When we&#39;re apart I can be forever happy. Will you let me be? Yours, Jill

See what a difference punctuation makes?

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Love that one.

Normally I fall into the "if the meaning is being communicated, then no big deal" camp. I&#39;d rather hear from a diverse crowd of people and learn from the variety of experiences than effectively censor members based on grammar errors.

I must say, though, that this initial post is on the border for me...

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by steve319@May 13 2005, 03:29 AM
Normally I fall into the "if the meaning is being communicated, then no big deal" camp. I&#39;d rather hear from a diverse crowd of people and learn from the variety of experiences than effectively censor members based on grammar errors.
[post=310603]Quoted post[/post]​

This is EXACTLY how I feel&#33; I would much rather read an experience written poorly and with the danger of it coming across the wrong way, then for it not to be posted at all. A few people just may "get it".

I&#39;ve come across a few posts that make little since, whether it&#39;s due to grammatical issues or simply because it makes no since. After a quick read through, if the point doesn’t come across, oh well, on to the next post&#33;

This is the danger one runs into when people who have a poor grip of the english language attempt to express there opinion in a public forum.........