calling all longtime LPSGers

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I first found a site on the internet some 8 years ago which later became the lpsg site.
The site did not start as a prank at all, but the name, LPSG did.
A website named LPSG was started by some college students, most likely as a bit of a prank, but became a serious site when members who up until then had been visiting a long row of discussion boards which kept on crashing as they were not able to handle the amount of traffic they attracted.
Even with the name LPSG the site had to move at least a couple of times and it wasn´t until Mark, the former owner of LPSG, made it economically possible for the site to stay on-line on a server which could handle the amount of traffic this site has.
The idea of having gold memberships came about as way of volontarily supporting the site economically.

I have genuinly enjoyed having the LPSG in my life for the last 8 years and I look forward to a very bright future for the entire LPSG community.
A special greeting to all the very good friends I have made through the site over the years, you all know who you are.:grouphug:

barron

Sexy Member
Media
All these posts are bringing back names of folks I remember but who just seemed to drop away. This is a fun trip down memory lane.

miamihorse9

Just Browsing
Media
Used to be an active poster under a different name (or two) back in the ezBoard and possibly even before that - back when Jimbo was in charge, etc.

Very interesting thing to be exposed to in your formative years : )

bigtwin

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been around for about 41/2 - 5 years. I remember because it coincided with the birth of my daughter and at the time I was looking for some help and support. I found that here.
I also remember the moves and the down-times mentioned by jumbo and some of the other guys.
huh, how time flies!

Donk

Experimental Member
Media
madame_zora said:
This is important, I was wondering if anyone was going to mention this- The site WAS started as a joke, and why? No one here now remembers.

It's important NOW because we've chosen to look at it that way, but let us not be surprised that some of the original members were not initially looking at it as a serious endeavor. It was SUPOSED to be campy.

For the record, I have been around since about the very beginning, which is in the range of 7 years or so. Time certainly flies when you're talking about your penis.

The original site was started as a joke by 3 guys who, as far as I can tell, never really explained why they started it (I guess a joke doesn't really need much further explanation). Also, as I recall, it was never really clear if those guys were actually well hung themselves or, instead, if them claiming to be was part of the joke.

Anyway, they added a message board to the site, and visitors basically took it over and turned that board into a real discussion group. That took the original site owners by surprise and eventually got to be more of a hassle for them than they bargained for when setting up the site.

I first learned of LPSG through another large penis discussion forum that I happened upon and occasionally participated in (that one is long gone and was never as good as LPSG got to be). When I first checked LPSG out, it was clearly still a joke site, and the discussion hadn't really taken off yet. I lurked for awhile until I realized it was morphing into a real forum, then I joined and started posting and have been a member of all the various incarnations ever since.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My first connection with LPSG was in July of '03 and this is the date given in my profile. I do recall the older, well-thought-of member in California surprising the group when a heart attack killed him. The kind expressions of sympathy and regret from so many in the group swayed me to feel 'good' about being a member among such loving guys. I've profitted from friends made here and appreciate the on-line intimacy I've shared with special ones. My life is better because of you.

Luke

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Lex said:
Wow! That brought up some memories. I tried going back to find out when I first came across the board. It would have been early 2002. I think I started posting late 2002 or early 2003. I was very irregular as a poster back then. I was out of town most of the time and had very limited access to the internet. I am however sad to hear about Grandpa (this is the first I heard that he is no longer with us.) I know I exchanged a couple of PM’s with the man and found him to be very kind and generous.

Searching the archive I ran across the name Hapi Papi a number of times and was not around for the final posts of his either. I know that most of you long time members have to remember him (he was one hell of a character.) Did he just sort of drift away, or did his bitterness get the better of him?

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was lurking in 2001, for sure,
and joined in 2002 i believe.
I remember the different colors of the board...the yellow one,
the brown one and now several different blue ones.
Along with steve26, many of us are moving into a different
decade of our lives.
May my 40's and lpsg continue to entertain me.

Ineligible

1st Like
Media
I started lurking and very rarely posting in the old Large Penis Forum, where Donk and Ceg were. I found LPSG in its early days but I was always conscious that I didn't have the qualifications, hence the nick I chose.

I still occasionally talk to Hapi Papi on AIM. He has a new job and he seems to be doing all right, though he misses some old friends.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am happy to hear that. I honestly hope that his new job has brought him some measure of happiness. He just always seemed very unhappy here. Perhaps a poor fit, or perhaps just a dark time in his life in general, but hopefully he has found his niche.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Like Donk, Ceg, and Jumbo747jet (though he had a different name back then, I seem to remember) — and maybe one or two others? — I was one of those who had posted on the old 'large penis forum' before joining this one. It is not good to think how many years ago.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, dig it; In August, it will make it three years for yours truly. That was back in the day, like MZ said when this was EZboard, and had yet to go under yet another transformation.

And from what I've inferred, I'm unsure or whether or not this was supposed to be taken seriously at 1st.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Max said:
Like Donk, Ceg, and Jumbo747jet (though he had a different name back then, I seem to remember) — and maybe one or two others? — I was one of those who had posted on the old 'large penis forum' before joining this one. It is not good to think how many years ago.

Don't be silly. You and Pecker and Iathick are the elder statesmen of this place!
We youngin's need your wisdom!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Lex said:
Don't be silly. You and Pecker and Iathick are the elder statesmen of this place!
We youngin's need your wisdom!

Thanks, Lex, but age and longevity aren't necessarily the same. I'm an old fart time-wise, but I wasn't around here from the beginning like some of our charter members!

I believe my date of registration was April 7, 2002, although I was lurking shyly for a good year before that.