calling all piercers!!! yes again......

martinez5

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just recently got a frenum piercing and i wanted to know(from those that have had one) how fast your healing time was. it's been about a week and a half now and i couldn't find a thread specific to this piercing. so if you have anything to say that might help, please do.

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
DON'T DO IT.

Wait, that won't help now...

I'll just say - hydrogen peroxide is your friend. I don't know specifically how fast that piercing should heal, but I do know that penis piercings are supposed to be more susceptible to infection than other piercings.

martinez5

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
yeah i've been using hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, soap, anything that won't irritate the area and clean it at the same time. well alcohol is pretty irritating though.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You should just use very mild soap and water and cleanse it normally, using hydrogen peroxide or antiseptics can interfere with the normal healing process, you should only treat an infection if it occurs not try to prevent one by the use of antiseptics.

A frenum piercing can be superficially healed very quickly but until it's been done for six weeks the healing is only superficial and putting any strain on it (sex for instance) can make it raw again and even cause it to start migrating.

Pdick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Piercings on the penis head, penis shaft, or on the scrotum are really no different than an ear lobe piercing, or a piercing anywhere else. They are all unnatural holes in your body, and your body treats them all the same way. A genital piercing is in no more danger of infection than any other piercing, *if* you follow the rules your piercer should have told you.

1. No sex for as long as you can stand it or 6 weeks. Sex prolongs the healing process if done before the 6 week mark.
2. No unprotected sex of any kind for 6 weeks, period.
3. Never touch your piercing without washing your hands first. The same goes for other peoples hands. Hands are the #1 transmission agent of germs around the body, to and from the enviroment around you.
4. Soak your piercing with "hot as you can stand it" salt water twice a day.
5. Use a very mild, unscented soap, to wash your piercing when needed.

Sex is your biggest enemy. Physically beating on the piercing is obviously not good while healing. What your penis might collect in the piercing while having sex is the killer tho. You don't want that, thus the protection. An infected penis is garaunteed to ruin your day. You skin is the best defense against infection your body has to offer, and you have an open hole in it.

Second enemy is the warm and frequently moist environment that your penis lives in. A change of clothes, underwear, or even freeballing may be a necessity to change to a cooler, dryer, environment that isnt an ideal bacterial breeding ground.

Stay away from hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, cleansers, bactine, ointments, all of that shit. This stuff either hinders, or stops, the new cell growth you need to heal, or will trap bacteria and lymph in the piercing, leading to infection. Salt water, super mild soap, and even the LITHA method is the recommendation of the good pro piercers.

TforTrapeze

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OMG!
STOP TAKING ADVICE FROM PEOPLE WHO SAY HYDROGEN PEROXIDE.. run away from them.

Hot salt water (sea salt) is the best thing. On top of that, just proper hygiene.

Let me say a thing or two about Hydrogen Peroxide and Isopropyl Alcohol.
THEY KILL ALL CELLS. Not just the bad ones, but also the good ones that are promoting the healing of your piercing. Also, OMG, it can burn.

So, hot sea salt soaks, and a nice antimicrobial (not antibacterial, cause that is OK but not as good as antimicrobial) UNSCENTED soap don't get the ALOE or anything like that added.
Also, tea tree oil can be nice, just make sure that an alcohol or menthol wasn't added to it before applying.

BTW my 2 frenums healed in like 2 -3 weeks.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

My Frenum is up to a 2 ga, Use sea salt soaks like everyone has told you.My frenum healed very quickly,but every time you go up in size, you need to take care of it.

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
but I do know that penis piercings are supposed to be more susceptible to infection than other piercings.

That is so not true! Penis piercings where they come into contact with urine actually heal really quickly. Urine is sterile when it leaves the body and every time you piss you will be flushing it out with fresh urine. My PA healed in a few weeks. I have researched quite a bit on the subject and penile piercings have few problems.

Oh and no H. Peroxide!!!!

Pierced7.5

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No ...I repeat NO H2O2!!!!

The problem is this. Alchohol and Peroxide dry the area. Any movement and stretching will cause micro tears over and over and over again and that will make the healing process even longer.

Do as you must but do not use those.

I have a PA, a Frenum, one on my Sack and used to have a Pubic Piercing. They all healed wonderfully with just using SEA SALT. It is clean. It is gentle, and it will make your piercing heal very fast. Here are my stats...

PA. Stopped hurting in about 4 days, and was sore for about 1 month. As far as healing, no blood and no worries it was about 5 days. but very tender for about 3 months. NO peroxide or alch..

Frenum was just as easy but i think it was sore/tender even less time.

Balls.. i swear it was like i never got it. I think i was good to go in about a week. That was the easiest...

Pubic... Healed in like 3 months. this is a surface piercing and requires much more care and dicipline. But all i used with each was sea salt.

So, to answer your question, wash good in the shower. Keep the area free from too much chaffing. and use sea salt when you wake, maybe during lunch and before you sleep. You will love it in the longrun...

:)

jerkdude75

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my PA healed in about 4-6 weeks i guess. it's been about 6 years. so i don't really remember. glad i read this posting. didn't know about the hydrogen peroxide. didn't use it though.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Definitely sea salt soaks. Besides, it just feels good. :tongue:
I've had my P.A. since '86. It healed within 2 months. Everyone is different, though. Some people take 9 months to fully heal.

Through the years when I decided to up-size my P.A., sea salt soaks were a must. And anytime that you've done any activity where you've managed to injure or really irritate your piercing. Just don't do like I did and run into the back of a pickup truck with the tailgate down. :eek:

Warm (or hot) sea salt soaks rock!! :biggrin1:

lilbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I tried the frenum piercing- did not like it at all. I just never got used to jacking off with the frenum, just seemed to be in the way. Yes, sea salt soaks are the best for healing. Traded the frenum piercing in for a PA and LOVE it!! Also have a Guiche piercing that is great as well.