Calling all Scorpios in da House!

inquiringmind: Hi,
This is just an informal survey to see how many members of this group are governed by the astrological sign that oversee's "The Member" . It would be quite intersting to know what percentage of Fall crustaceans are out there.

Inquiring mind

gigantikok: It would kinda just be neat to hear everyone's astrological signs.  I'm a Leo myself.  Rawrrr!!

awellhungboi: My, you are inquisitive, aren't you?  Well, you already know that Prepstud and I are scorpios.

Scorpios get a bad rap--I don't know why.   Anyway, I'm Leo rising, Moon in Aries.  Groovy, baby!

(There used to be an astrological thread in the etc. section.  Although, personally, this seems appropriate to 'Meet and Greet' to me.  We're meeting and greeting, after all.)

(Funny, gig, I just noticed this was your 666th post! Numerology, anyone?)

inquiringmind: Hi Your Magnificence,

This is too freaky! I have a leo rising, too! I have a cancer moon though...

Inquiring mind

7x6andchg: Well I said this in my signature on the other thread, but I'm a Cancer with Leo rising with a Gemini moon. And that's about all I know about my birth chart... :(

You are correct there was a thread about this in the etc. category...but it's, I think, appropriate for meet and greet too, no?

awellhungboi: Oh my god, three Leo Risings! We should start our own cult!

I'm not much of an astrologer, but I'd think a cancer moon would mean you were very emotional, oh inquisitive one, but that you hide it behind your calm scorpio facade.

I'd guess a gemini moon would mean, Paul, that you have a deeper, more serious nature than you compassionate cancer mask sometimes reveals.

(Hey, this is fun--maybe I should sign up with Miss Cleo!)

Sun in scorpio with moon in aries is your typical mismatch of fire and water. I'm a volcano wrapped in a soggy head of iceberg lettuce.

(And welcome back, 7x6! hope you had a great holiday, my friend!)

7x6andchg: You do know they arrested Ms. Cleo, right? :D

I was always told the Gemini moon made me chattier than Cancers normally would be...which, given the number of posts I have here, will surprise approximately 3 people.

7x6&C

awellhungboi: Hey, well maybe I can take over for her. Be Mr. Cleo. I'm about as Jamaican as she was.

There are sites on the internet where you can get a whole chart done--for free. Not entirely reliable, but still interesting.

jackinman: Well I'm a Virgo and that's all I know about my sign. I don't have any idea as to what moon is rising or bad moon rising I may have. (great CCR song by the way)

I think I'll take the tip that Monstro just gave us and have my chart done for me.

gigantikok: What is this moon rising stuff you guys are talking about?????

hawl: [quote author=inquiringmind link=board=meetgreet;num=1062387038;start=0#0 date=08/31/03 at 20:21:38]Hi,
This is just an informal survey to see how many members of this group are governed by the  astrological sign that oversee's "The Member" .[/quote] I'm not a Scorpio, but I do have the Scorpio planet Pluto "rising" in my first house, (or on the ascendant, in my rising sign etc., whatever you want to call it), and I know that the rising sign supposedly affects one's body type, first impression, etc., so I wonder sometimes. Nah, must be coincidence! No one has ever asked me, "Do you have Pluto rising, or are you just happy to see me?".

gigantikok: [quote author=rrrrrr link=board=meetgreet;num=1062387038;start=0#10 date=08/31/03 at 23:25:30]
I'm not a Scorpio, but I do have the Scorpio planet Pluto "rising" in my first house, (or on the ascendant, in my rising sign etc., whatever you want to call it), and I know that the rising sign supposedly affects one's body type, first impression, etc., so I wonder sometimes. Nah, must be coincidence! No one has ever asked me, "Do you have Pluto rising, or are you just happy to see me?".
[/quote]
What the hell are you people talking about????

I think I've missed something here...

Longhornjok: Gig, you obviously haven't had your chart done.  ;)

In addition to your sun sign (the sign you were born under), you have a moon sign and a rising sign. Those are plotted by taking your exact time and date of birth, and the location where you were born. Someone else has to help me out here, because I get them confused, but my memory is that of those 3 signs, one reflects who you are, one represents the person you present to the world, and one represents the person you secretly aspire to be (no, not Brad Pitt hehe). And then you have your House of Money, House of Love, House of Health, and whatever else and each one of those has a planet that rules it, depending on that birth info for you. So, for example, Jupiter could rule your House of Love - and someone somewhere can tell you what that means. I can't. Maybe Monstro can tell us where he found the site where they do charts for free. Oh, Monstro?

inquiringmind: Hi Guys,

The site for doing a free chart is www.astro.com. Check it out you will have a great time and learn something in the process.

Inquiring mind

prepstudinsc: I don't know anything about my astrological chart other than that I'm a Scorpio. I just tried that link, but I got a message saying the server is down. I'll try it later today and see if it works, then I can report back with my rising sign and all that stuff.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I'm a Taurus, moon in Aquarius, Venus rising.

According to what my horoscope says about those facts, I must have been adopted. :D

Pecker

(You'd Make An Angel Want To Cheat)

mentatzps: I'm a Scorpio ! from 3rd of November, precisely. ;D

awellhungboi: I think another site is www.astrocenter.com. Most astrology sites, though, offer at least an initial free chart, then try to upsell you to their 'personalized' version. (Hell, send me $19.95, I can make something up too.) Of course, most online charts will just be a boilerplate, but still it's an interesting tool of self-discovery.

LHJ has it right. The sun sign is your day-to-day face, not necessarily the 'real you', but your persona. Your rising sign is how other people perceive you, irrespective of that mask. Your moon sign is the inner you, that 'four o'clock in the morning' side of you. On and on, mercury would rule your intellect and communicative skills (mine's in scorpio), venus your lovelife (mine's in sagittarius--have trouble settling down), mars rules your agressive impulses (scorpio for me again), jupiter your social and business skills (leo for me), saturn your something or other, I forget what (pisces here), then we get into the 'outer planets' Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto, which, because of the length (in human terms) of their orbits, rule social and longterm forces, rather than having a great deal of influence in the personal sphere. That great writer (one of my favorites) Thomas Pynchon deals with astrology, feng shui, and other outre topics quite a bit--check out Vineland or Mason & Dixon.

I don't know that I 'believe' in astrology, but I think, at its very least, it can provide beautiful metaphors, and may offer a guidemap for voyages of selfdiscovery.

Whew--much more than anyone wanted to know. What can I say, I'm a flake. I also do tarot, I Ching, and all that other hippie-dippie stuff.

prepstudinsc: I just went to that site and checked my chart...I'm a Scorpio with Capricorn ascendent. Whatever that means. :) Monstro can you fill me in?

awellhungboi: Well, Prepstud, let's see. If you've ever wondered how two people could share the same birthday, and the same sign, and be nothing alike, the ascendent is astrology's 'escape clause' from this predicament. That's why, when someone has a chart done, the astrologer needs to know the time and place of birth. Using the latitude and longitude she then looks up in an ephemeris which sign is rising at that moment. The rising, (or ascendent) n the chart represents the zodiacal sign that was rising on the eastern horizon at the moment of the querant's birth. Each sign takes about two hours to clear the horizon, so that, every 24 hours, in rotation, each sign rises again. Even twins, supposedly, do not have exactly the same horoscope, once all the variants, signs, and houses are figured in. It gets pretty complex.

As for Scorpio with Capricorn rising that would seem to imply someone serious, professional, responsible, with a scientific frame of mind. What did the chart say? Did it have any interpretation?

For more detailed information, call 1-900-4Monstro.