calorie controlled diet

little_ONE

Experimental Member
Media
im want to loose weight im about 6 foot and waigh 14 and half stone (bout 92 kg)
i go to the gym twice a week and ive started a body pump class and ive seen very slight weight loss which has now stopped. i dont eat really badly, and i take vitamins.

i was just wundering if i went on a calorie controlled diet how many should i be eating a day?

also what machines and exercises are really good for burning fat?

Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Think cardiovascular excersises! The treadmill, biking...stuff that gets your heart-rate up. I would recommend doing it in speed intervals, as in starting a low speed for a set amount of minutes, then at a faster speed for the same amount of minutes as the slow speed, and then back to the slow speed...do this for a total of 30 minutes. This works because it helps your burn calories and fat more efficently - and you are also training your heart to become stronger. It becomes stronger because you start slow, then move fast, then go back to slow, and go back to fast, etc.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
If you're working out, you just need to eat 2000-2500 calories so you don't starve your body for the amount of excersize that you're doing. Also, make sure you eat 3-6 times a day AND 2000-2500 calories. Otherwise your body will think you're starving.

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Your age is also a factor in suggested calorie intake, but regardless of age if you want to lose weight running is the most effective cardio workout. Be sure to run 5 days a week, and no less than 25 minutes. If running is too high impact for you then swimming is a good alternative, it is no impact and also helps to develop a more balanced muscle structure (just keep in mind that since it is a less intense activity you will need to do it for a longer period of time). As I said age partly decides your calorie intake, but i'd reccomend 2200/day, or there are websites that calculate your dormant metabolic rate (the ammount of calories that you would burn in a 24 hour period of sleep) so you can find that number and add roughly 1000. Hahah, seems i have the opposite problem, i run middle distance in track and I am also training for my first sprint triathlon (750m swim, 20km bike, 5k run) this summer and if i don't get upwards of 3000 calories daily i will lose the little muscle mass that i still have.

D

deleted85856

Hey Bud,
The guys who posted above are dead on! You need to be eating roughly 5 meals a day; however, don't forget to take into account that your 5 meals cannot be as big as your normal 3. Fat burning exercises are cardio, it's that simple. So running, jogging, power walking, skipping is where you burn the most fat. The biggest fat burner which is often over looked by fitness guru's today is swimming! Swimming burns a tone of calories as well as tones your body by adding extra muscle (also a chance to show off a little bulge.) I'm glad that your trying to get in shape and in today world it's very hard. So for a little tip, write down in a book everything you eat.
I hope I'm some help.
Matt!

D

deleted13797

If you really want to lose fat, you have to do high intensity excercises. Look up theTabata program and high intensity interval training (hiit).

little_ONE

Experimental Member
Media
hey everyone i just wanted to say thanks for you help and advice, i will take it all onboard and start loosing weight lol