Cam on Skype it is free

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Dendrilite said:
just joined skype... not sure how to use it!

I am Dendrilite

add me if you like!

Rob :-D

Just so everyone knows.... Skype steals cell phone signals from the air and uses them. If you happen to get a 500$ bill to some place in UTAH and you are from Alaska, you will know why.:tongue:

horsehungtim

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
jeff black said:
Just so everyone knows.... Skype steals cell phone signals from the air and uses them. If you happen to get a 500$ bill to some place in UTAH and you are from Alaska, you will know why.:tongue:

hahahahahaha. what?!

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
horsehungtim said:
hahahahahaha. what?!

Yup, a buddy of mine uses Skype all the time.

He called me on it a few times a couple weeks ago. Last week, I got a call from someone accussing me of having an affair with his wife, because someone had made late night calls from his cell phone.:rolleyes:

Skype is bad bad... but if you can handle the idea that you are using someone elses minutes... then go ahead and use it.:tongue:

T

that_other_guy

jeff black said:

He called me on it a few times a couple weeks ago. Last week, I got a call from someone accussing me of having an affair with his wife, because someone had made late night calls from his cell phone.:rolleyes:

Skype is bad bad... but if you can handle the idea that you are using someone elses minutes... then go ahead and use it.:tongue:

how odd ... I use skype all the time to talk to friends & never have encountered such issues

T

that_other_guy

jeff black said:
Yet....:rolleyes: Most of the time, it grabs numbers from the area. If it can't find one, it moves to another area.:rolleyes:

Not on computer-to-computer calls ... and in my area if you call a phone it's ID is listed as 0000001234 ... whatev :rolleyes:

anfjock21

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
jeff black said:
Yet....:rolleyes: Most of the time, it grabs numbers from the area. If it can't find one, it moves to another area.:rolleyes:

This just isnt possible to use other peoples cell phone numbers all of the time with the latest technology. Besides if the cell phone service provider has two phones using the same "ID" they will lock that ID out of the system. They know someone cloned a cell phone if that happened.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree, anfjock21, skype.com is fantastic! The Video is as good if not better than WindowsLive Messenger and Yahoo IM, plus you can go full screen and back to mid or small screen while conversing on other programs. With phone quality voice. The only problem I've had with it is echoing, which you can change your settings to control.

Jeff, that's a load of bull you've ingested. I can't believe millions more Americans haven't caught on to it. It is making the phone monopolies here quake in their boots. They don't want you to know about it! Get it and try it now while it is still free for International calls. After the New Year it will cost about the same as Yahoo PC-to-Phone calls, but still free domestically.

It takes about 5 minutes to download and 5 minutes to figure out how to use it.

_Onan

AdamLast

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Nope, this has been fact checked and reported as False by Snopes.