Came Out to Wife

D_Daniel Kaka

1st Like
Media
27 y/o, married here. I had a discussion with my wife today and I came out to her as bisexual. Really doesn't change anything between us, I just thought it was something she needed to know. She's never been "anti gay" or anything like that, so that wasn't really my fear. I was just afraid she would think I thought less of her, which I don't. I thought I share this sexuality defining day with all you people.

D

deleted300444

Thanks for sharing. But how do feel? You have courage bro.

matelalique

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Congratulations bud. I'm currently counselling two different friends in healthy marriages with multiple children about how to deal with their orientation.

Both value the relationships, one has come out, and is still struggling to figure out what to do. The other has no plans to come out at all, fulfills a few physical urges when out of town on business, and feels very guilty about his "problem", and wishes it would just go away.

The kids were surprisingly supportive - I think that they still see a dad, and it is what it is.

My position has always been to do what feels most comfortable for you - but I firmly believe that openness leads to less stress, and if it is correct for the marriage to end then so be it.

Physically, if you're sexually active outside of the marriage, you have a responsibility for her health, or at least in letting her know that she needs to be concerned about it, the same way you would in a non-exclusive gay relationship, and there are plenty of threads here that discuss how these work.

Congratulations - and good luck getting a modern family to work.

D

deleted300444

Ok, now that all the serious stuff has been ssid, doesnt Center, the poster of this thread have a nice hairy hole?

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
congratulations on taking the step to be open and honest with your wife, No need of hiding your sexuality from her.

It appears you and she are both very secure in your relationship with one another. That is always comforting to know that no matter what, she will be your main squeeze and you will be hers. If you two can work on this together, I would think it would really open you both up to a great appreciation of each other. Always talk, always be honest. Never fear the truth.