Camera tips for self shooting

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Well, I don't have any need as yet, but don't feel bad if you do. :tongue1:
I feel in Lil' Hhuck a gathering recalcitrance, a been-there-done-that ennui, a languor and lassitude that I fear may portend his withdrawal from the race.
He still has days when he comes bounding out from behind the buttons.
But there are days, too, when he'll just curl up and snore.
Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives, max.
Don't you agree?

Mainly I'm looking for something really versatile that I can be creative with.... In short, a digital cam along the lines of my old but beloved, very smart, and versatile Minolta XG-1 film camera.
I know, I ask for the moon. Why, do you have any suggestions?
I shouldn't even venture a guess, but I was going to suggest either a Pentax K7 or a Nikon D90.
Vince has recently gotten a Nikon, and it may be the D90. You should ask him his opinion.
And HickBoy recently bought an Olympus, which he likes a lot.
I suppose one needs to know the price you're comfortable paying.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
^D300s Huck, but the D90 was under serious consideration. The problem was availability in my locale. All of the current "foto makineler" are good. The Sony A55 is a technological tour de force and the Olympus Pen series are very cool. You don't need SLR to take excellent photos. Just patience, selectivity and creativity.

On topic, I agree with most of the tips.
Clean up your room and make the bed. There's more to being sexy than the size of your wang.
Don't take pictures in the bathroom. The lighting sucks and as Max said, no one wants to see the toilet.

I think my gallery shots mostly suck, but can't be arsed to take new ones!

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
^D300s Huck, but the D90 was under serious consideration. The problem was availability in my locale. All of the current "foto makineler" are good. The Sony A55 is a technological tour de force and the Olympus Pen series are very cool. You don't need SLR to take excellent photos. Just patience, selectivity and creativity.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm in no hurry, and I like to well research these things.
Hopefully will be some good prices after Christmas. "foto makineler" ??

Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives, max.
Don't you agree?
For me, more like a trip down a wild river. Long calm spells interrupted by raging rapids.

Can I go rock climbing???:wink::smile:
I suppose so, but you'll have to freestyle it. No ropes or harnesses or anything like that.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm in no hurry, and I like to well research these things.
Hopefully will be some good prices after Christmas. "foto makineler" ??
Photo machines of course. :rolleyes:
"Cameras" are for shooting videos or moving pictures in my neighborhood.

Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to admiring Little Max. What great Christmas present that would be!

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Photo machines of course. :rolleyes:
"Cameras" are for shooting videos or moving pictures in my neighborhood.
Don't roll your eyes at me, mister. I can't be expected to know everything. How else does one learn but by asking questions and being curious? After all, the wisest man is the one who admits his ignorance. How else do you think I assembled my vast storehouse of useless trivial information? :tongue1:

Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to admiring Little Max. What great Christmas present that would be!
Why Vince, you make me blush. :redface: And just to be clear, there ain't nuttin little bout Max.

p.s. And don't be arsed about your gallery, it's fine. Quite.