Camera vs Cam!!

ddazndd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just took two pictures with my new digital camera, and they look SOOOOO much better than the one I took with a webcam!
The color/texture and everything is surprior to the webcam.

Webcam SUCKS!!!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,
I love gadgets but don't know all the technical reasons why things work. Basically a camera is designed to take still shots. A web cam is designed to film motion, so when you hold still for a web cam shot you for some reason get a slightly distorted image. The same holds true for videos taken with a digital camera. It's something with the pixels.

Okay, that's my best guess at an explanation as an art history major. :tongue: I know there are people here much better qualified to give an explanation.

njqt466

P.S. - I like your new cock pics, very nice
I just took two pictures with my new digital camera, and they look SOOOOO much better than the one I took with a webcam!
The color/texture and everything is surprior to the webcam.

Webcam SUCKS!!!

Group51

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Web cams are designed to send video over the Internet, so the priority for them is to make the image as small as possible - this means quality is important, but not a priority.

Digital Cameras are designed to replace film cameras. There is a reasonable expectation that the photos will be printed. So the priority with digicams is to capture the highest quality possible. The (large) size of the image is not very important, the quality is.

The difference between the two is typically the image sensor used. In Web cams and most camera phones (picture messages also need to be small) a low power CMOS sensor is used. In Digital cameras, the good ones at least, a CCD is used.

So, neither of these suck really, they are just designed for different things, however, a CCD in a web cam is generally a good sign, while finding a CMOS in a digital camera is usually a bad one.