Camp vs Straight acting

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Tim McGnaw, Sep 8, 2009.

1. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

OK so I'm sorry if this has been done to death but I thought I'd raise this issue and see what people thought about it.

I've always found all kinds of men attractive, I really don't have any type, unless simply being attractive and engaging in some way counts as a type.

I'm not "straight acting" but I'm not camp either, I'm sometimes called excentric but don't take that to mean weirdo, I'm just happy being me and have never felt the need to conform to the expectations of others.

I've never understood why a lot of gay guys only ever seem to want to get involved with guys who are carbon copies of themselves, and why this leads to guys claiming they could never be attracted to camp guys or old guys or unfit guys or short guys or whatever. Gay bars can be extremely monotonous when all they guys in them are dressed alike and have the same hair cuts and act alike.

What I'm wondering is why do gay guys do this ? And why do straight acting guys often say that they would never sleep with a camp guy ? What even if he was totally gorgeous with the hottest body, most beautiful face, massive cock, and amazing personality ? You'd pass all that up just because he was camp ?

I wouldn't.

#1 D_Tim McGnaw, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  2. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes I would pass them up. I want a man to be a man, masculine and all that goes with it. I don't want him to ACT masculine; I want him to be himself and if as himself he is masculine with everything else you describe, cool.

I don't want a "girly man".

3. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

^^DITTO^^ probably word for word what I would have written

4. Heads_Up

Heads_Up New Member

Ditto that again

5. D_Tim McGnaw

I agree with you about a man being himself, that's exactly what I love too, but what if a man isn't naturally "masculine" in the clichéd sense of the word ? Are you turned off by gentler guys who are not into sports or hunting or being "butch" ?

Not all men conform to a traditionally masculine mold, are they off the menu for you too ?

#5 D_Tim McGnaw, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  6. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

For me yes because i am attracted to the masculine not just the masculine form. I saw a guy on tv once who was a lifegaurd and he was stunning to look at, a great face and body and i was captivated until he spoke in a very effeminate voice and then gestured in flamboyant ways at which point i lost interest.

The whole gay club thing you mentioned puts me off ever wanting to go to one because the general gay community is not best representative of me as an individual gay guy, it is the same principle for an individual str8 guy who chooses not to hang out with 'general' st8 guys at a footie match because not all str8 guys enjoy footie even when typically it is a str8 guy interest.

7. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I don't think I'm "butch", have very little interest in traditional sports (mostly rodeo), but if you knew me, there would be no doubt that I was masculine. BIG difference between masculine and campy.

I like gentle masculine guys :biggrin1:

8. jermained

jermained New Member

Albums:
    First of all, whats a camp guy? xD

9. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    My internal definition of what is masculine may be different than someone elses version admittedly. No he doesn't have to be "Mr. Masculine"....a strong, gentle type that enjoys life and still retains his masculinity would be cool too. I love sports, but if he didn't no big deal. Wouldn't be a deal breaker. I don't want a hunter (no offense to the hunters out there) because that goes against what I believe in. And as far as butch guys? Some of the butch guys carry it to the extreme, which would be another turnoff.

10. D_Tim McGnaw

Well what do you think of when you think of a camp guy ? Is it a turnoff or a turnon or neither ?

11. jermained

jermained New Member

Albums:
    no, i literally don't know what a camp guy is :confused:

12. D_Tim McGnaw

Camp, is a really difficult term to properly define and it means lots of different things to different people. To me it means effeminate, either a little bit or extremely flamboyant, humorous and a bit theatrical and extreme. But other people will have other definitions.

13. jermained

jermained New Member

Albums:
    I see.Anyway, I'm a freak , i like str8 guys. :smile:

14. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Graham Norton, Julian Clary and Alan Carr are all camp to varying degree.

If the knees knock and the butt wiggles when a guy walks he is camp.

If he wears a 'light' scarf then it is for fashion rather than practicality (cold weather) then he is likely camp.

If he naturally is bitchier than a gal on 'cycle' then he is probably camp.

If a guy behaves like a woman....biggest clue! :rolleyes:

15. jermained

jermained New Member

Albums:
    I don't like camps then

16. D_Tim McGnaw

OK well let's put camp to one side then, forget about it for a second. Do you think you could be attracted to a man who was naturally effeminate, not a flaming queen ? Some guys, naturally, have traits which are commonly thought of as feminine, are these traits a turnoff too ?

17. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

Generally not attracted to them, but I'd never rule out the possibility. If things click, things click.

18. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I'm not attracted to straight guys with effeminate traits either.

19. D_Tim McGnaw

That's interesting, do you mind me asking why ? Would you say you were masculine yourself ?

20. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I am definately more on the masculine side than the effeminate, i consider myself to be str8-acting.

I don't know exactly why i prefer the masculine to the feminine, i just do. It could be that i grew up without a loving father and that most of my family are female so perhaps subconsciously i crave masculine attention maybe.

When i was 14 and just beginning to discover my homosexuality my family consisted of a mum, two sisters, an aunt and a nan and three young cousins so i had no older males in my family cos my mum aunt and nan were all seperated from my dad, grandad and uncle.

Too many women in my life has perhaps had an influence on my desires, who knows.

Draft saved Draft deleted