Camp vs Straight acting

B_am12388

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I guess I would be in the "camp" category. I don't think this thread is very nice, and I actually find it a bit offensive. This is why I don't get along with guys in general, because all men are the same, gay and straight alike. It's such a travesty.

Last edited:

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I guess I would be in the "camp" category. I don't think this thread is very nice, and I actually find it a bit offensive. This is why I don't get along with guys in general, because all men are the same, gay and straight alike. Such a travesty.

am123......,
When you are different, one of the things that you have to get used to, is that some are not going to find you attractive. Most here have said that they like being friends with "campy" guys, they find them fun to be around, but are not sexually or relationship wise, attracted to them. Stop taking it personally, and move on to others who do find that trait attractive and a turn on.

Guess what Dude?? Plenty of folks don't find real cowboys attractive. I'm not offended by that, Ijust keep my eye out for those that do.

Ease up boy, it's all in fun

B_am12388

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
am123......,
When you are different, one of the things that you have to get used to, is that some are not going to find you attractive. Most here have said that they like being friends with "campy" guys, they find them fun to be around, but are not sexually or relationship wise, attracted to them. Stop taking it personally, and move on to others who do find that trait attractive and a turn on.

Guess what Dude?? Plenty of folks don't find real cowboys attractive. I'm not offended by that, Ijust keep my eye out for those that do.

I'm not mad that they're not attracted to me, I already know I'm cute, but in a puppy dog way, but that's not the point. I'm frustrated because, just because I am the way I am, I'm going to get shunned for it and looked down upon just because I'm different ? That's the real shame right there. It makes me sad, and it actually kind of hurts my feelings.

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
am123......,

Wow! Seriously did you read this through before you posted ?

"When you are different one of the things that you have to get used to, is that some are not going to find you attractive"

I'm sure you didn't mean it but that's an incredibly hurtful thing to say to someone.

am12388, I honestly started this thread because I was interested by why some guys seemed to not be able to find certain types of guys attractive.

I was interested because as I've said throughout the thread I'm attracted to all kinds of guys and not a single type at all. I am very sorry if some of the responses to my questions have offended you, that was never my intention, and I hope you don't think that which ever posts offended you represent either my opinion or the entire intention of the thread.

Last edited:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
The most masculine men I know are the most honest ones, and they don't hunt, or bluster and pretend or watch Soccer just because they think they should. And sometimes they can even be a bit girly, just because they are completely comfortable with their masculinity.

That is the truth. Great post!:smile:

B_am12388

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

"When you are different one of the things that you have to get used to, is that some are not going to find you attractive"

I'm sure you didn't mean it but that's an incredibly hurtful thing to say to someone.

am12388, I honestly started this thread because I was interested by why some guys seemed to not be able to find certain types of guys attractive.

I was interested because as I've said throughout the thread I'm attracted to all kinds of guys and not a single type at all. I am very sorry if some of the responses to my questions have offended you, that was never my intention, and I hope you don't think that which ever posts offended you represent either my opinion or the entire intention of the thread.

Thank you so much. :smile:

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm not mad that they're not attracted to me, I already know I'm cute, but in a puppy dog way, but that's not the point. I'm frustrated because, just because I am the way I am, I'm going to get shunned for it and looked down upon just because I'm different ? That's the real shame right there. It makes me sad, and it actually kind of hurts my feelings.

Don't let it hurt you feelings Bud. You are who you are, and should be proud. I don't think that anybody here was putting anyone down, just expressing preferences. There are some cruel people in the world, but I didn't take anything that was said here as intending to be hurtful.

{snip}

Dude, go back and read what I said.. I was actually thinking of myself. Being a cowboy turns lot's of folks off. The whole being a "hick", around animals (the odor), and the whole bit, makes me unattractive to some. But it's who I am, and I don't get offended by it.

If you think about it, people with lot's of tat's, body piercers, punk rockers, goth's all have those people who are not attracted to them because of being different. But for everyone who doesn't find it attractive, there are those that do.

It was intended as support. My apologies if you took it differently.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Dude, go back and read what I said.. I was actually thinking of myself. Being a cowboy turns lot's of folks off. The whole being a "hick", around animals (the odor), and the whole bit, makes me unattractive to some. But it's who I am, and I don't get offended by it.

If you think about it, people with lot's of tat's, body piercers, punk rockers, goth's all have those people who are not attracted to them because of being different. But for everyone who doesn't find it attractive, there are those that do.

OK well I wasn't trying to have a go at you, I was just surprised because limited though my experience of your posts is what I had read seemed intelligent and measured and that aspect of what you were saying seemed a bit reackless with other peoples feelings.

I could see that the rest of your post was supportive which is why I said that I was sure you hadn't meant any offence but it's hard sometimes for other's to gauge tone in writing. :smile:

My whole point with this thread has been to try to understand why people choose types, because I've never done so myself. I must say the whole cowboy bit does it for me, but then so do a lot of bits LOL

Last edited:
D

deleted213967

My whole point with this thread has been to try to understand why people choose types, because I've never done so myself. I must say the whole cowboy bit does it for me, but then so do a lot of bits LOL

If I interpret your profile correctly you do indeed choose types: men.

I have a private notion that you can't control yourattraction to men. That certainly doesn't have to mean that you hate women.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
If I interpret your profile correctly you do indeed choose types: men.

I have a private notion that you can't control yourattraction to men. That certainly doesn't have to mean that you hate women.

Actually I have had sex with women, and do find women attractive, it's just that that happens more rarely, much more rarely. I can still appreciate sexy women though, and never rule out the possibility of whatever might occur if a women I found attractive found me attractive too. Hence the 1%

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
OK well I wasn't trying to have a go at you, I was just surprised because limited though my experience of your posts is what I had read seemed intelligent and measured and that aspect of what you were saying seemed a bit reackless with other peoples feelings.

I could see that the rest of your post was supportive which is why I said that I was sure you hadn't meant any offence but it's hard sometimes for other's to gauge tone in writing. :smile:

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify what I was trying to say. And Thank you very much for the compliments.

And I must say,, your bits definitely do it for me :biggrin1:

salsfe

Experimental Member
Media
Actually I have had sex with women, and do find women attractive, it's just that that happens more rarely, much more rarely. I can still appreciate sexy women though, and never rule out the possibility of whatever might occur if a women I found attractive found me attractive too. Hence the 1%

Me too!!

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I guess I would be in the "camp" category. I don't think this thread is very nice, and I actually find it a bit offensive. This is why I don't get along with guys in general, because all men are the same, gay and straight alike. It's such a travesty.
Being feminine in appearance or androgynous are not the same as acting all prissy to me. There are plenty of pretty men in the world.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Don't let it hurt you feelings Bud. You are who you are, and should be proud. I don't think that anybody here was putting anyone down, just expressing preferences. There are some cruel people in the world, but I didn't take anything that was said here as intending to be hurtful.

You are too sweet, countryguy. I love you! I like you just the way you are -- animals, cowboys and all:smile:.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Oh OK, so there is a clear distinction between being Camp and being feminine or pretty then. What's in the difference then?
Beautiful is beautiful. Any mens' magazine is [somewhat paradoxically] filled with pictures of beautiful men. Doesn't make them gay or prissy. May give them more opportunities though. :smile:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I like the campy guys and the masculine guys.

I don't know why some men have a hard time with each other. If you don't like prissy gay men or prissy straight dudes, you don't have to be around them. Because you hate them, that don't make them disappear. Or by some weird behavior modification is going to make them less femme because you date a MANLY MAN or telling the femme guys that they need to butch it up.

If God wanted more manly peeps...we would have a world full of straight men and butch lesbians. If God wanted more campy peeps...we would have a world full of gay acting straight men and girly women and lipstick lesbians.

God created variety for a reason. To alleviate BOREDOM and create randomness in the scheme of things.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I like the campy guys and the masculine guys.

I don't know why some men have a hard time with each other. If you don't like prissy gay men or prissy straight dudes, you don't have to be around them. Because you hate them, that don't make them disappear. Or by some weird behavior modification is going to make them less femme because you date a MANLY MAN or telling the femme guys that they need to butch it up.

If God wanted more manly peeps...we would have a world full of straight men and butch lesbians. If God wanted more campy peeps...we would have a world full of gay acting straight men and girly women and lipstick lesbians.

God created variety for a reason. To alleviate BOREDOM and create randomness in the scheme of things.

Wait, wait, wait,

Weve totaly got off of the Original Subject. This isn't about liking one type or another, it's about finding them or that characteristic attractive. Like I said in my 1st post, I have some campy friends that I adore. I just don't find them attractive. Two big differences aren't they?