can 2 closets ever hook up

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by buddy7706, Jun 18, 2007.

1. buddy7706

buddy7706 Member

can 2 closeted friends ever hook up if there both to scared to ever get outed and chose to live a closeted life...just wondering

2. D_Egloshayle Churchkey

ther`s an old saying, "Friendship often ends in love; but love in frienship - never." (Charles Caleb Colton)

3. Principessa

Gold Member

That depends, are they out to each other? If so, then I would say yes.

If not, then how would one know the other was gay? :confused:

4. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I beg to differ with Mr. Colton there. I drifted apart from the one guy I had a long term relationship with, but we are still good friends. He called me tonight, as a matter of fact.

As for the question, well, I guess it would depend on the situation.

5. buddy7706

buddy7706 Member

i know and i think deep down inside he knows about me..but we too have drifted even argued... he got a girlfriend and we kind of seperated in closeness with each other even though we are still good friends and see each other alot..hes single again and there are some good days and some bad ones... its not like how it used to be before he had his first girlfriend for a year ..now there done and i want it to go back to the way it used to be only i dont think he does... he will never admit it to anyone or me and i will never admit it to anyone except for him and thats only if he went first...i know he cares bout me to he just fights it...he ll try to distance himself from me and when i actually ecpet it and try to distance myself from him hell get mad... last nite he was drunk and wouldnt speak to me because i didnt answer his call s he practiclly yelled at me but said it as if he was hurt by it "no fuck you, you re being shady to me, so fuck you i dont want to talk tonight" and that was his reply when i just tried talk to him...but the day before that we got into another argument becuase i was talking about this girl that liked me and how i was going to be with her soon and he just shot her down making fun of her calling her a slut so i started to argue with him then he tried making me feel stupid... he was drunk but he said i call him too much when really he used to text me every second of the day before he got his girlfirend....so i kinda of felt hurt by it cuz they say the truth comes out wen ur drunk but all i sensed was anger towards me...so thats why i didnt answer his calls or texts the next day...and he pulls a 180 from the nite before and gets mad for distancing ... thats why i asked this questtionn up top... im as confused as everr...whatt do you thinkkk is goin on people ..or what should i do??

6. D_Loveday Rubberhose

WOW
    ...you should tell him how you feel while he's sober and you both need to realize your limits with each other. You can't act gay (arguing with and pining for another man) while hiding in the closet. But hetero or homo, dude has to sober up in order to communicate.

7. B_josiah852

B_josiah852 New Member

I think you should move on. This guy apparently has a lot of baggage and isn't willing to open up to you or to himself. Date the girl if you want and remember there will always be another guy who likes to keep things quiet that you will meet sometime down the road. Don't force it, it will happen.

8. GoneA

Gold Member

Sure, why not? Almost anything can always happen. :confused:

9. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

I had a friend in school who was closet bisexual (he came out, I didn't), we were really close and had an almost platonic gay relationship. I think if things had gone differently (there were some difficult things that happened outside of our control) we probably would have hooked up at some point. Whether that would have been a good thing or not, I don't know.

10. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am so sorry but on some level I find this to be so very very sad. I wish you the best of luck though.

11. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol..exactly, right? that would be really fucking lucky. I mean, one guys manages to come out to his friend and tells him he loves him, and the friend just happpens to be gay too? sounds like a bad story arc in a soap opera.

12. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Speaking as a not-out bisexual guy, there is the issue that even guys who aren't out will make slip ups and do let loose tell-tale signs about what's beneath, two guys llike that, subconsciously or consciously may well find themselves getting closer and closer due to these slip-ups and the little signs that tell you, subconsciously [or consciously if you know what you are looking for] that somebody finds you attractive.

I mean, sure, it's a long shot, but it can happen - see previous post for details.

13. jebby

jebby New Member

Right at this very moment I'm in a similar situation. I'm married to a woman, whom I love very much; we have a child together, and are planning on having more. But, on the contrary, I have been messing around with someone for just over a year. This someone happens to be a former employee of mine. He is also married and has three children. Neither one of us are out to anyone else, except each other. It becomes a rather difficult and tricky problem when one of the two of us feel its time to 'get together.' Planning just the perfect time when neither one of our wives are around, or just to get away long enough to have time together. We have talked about possibly just "seeing" each other exclusively, but I'm not quite ready for something that dramatic. Like I said, I do love my wife, and I enjoy having a family. But I also like to have cock on the side.
    I'm sure many people would just say to get rid of the wife, and go strickly dickly, but I cant. Its an issue to come out to the community I live in, because I'm a wealthy prominent business owner, and an EMT for our community. My family would also have a hairy canary. But as far as how we came out to each other, I left an IM on my computer at work, accidently and he saw it and replied to me in an e-mail. Since then we have been seeing each other. I think if you feel comfortable enough with your sexuality, as does he, it will happen at the right time for the right reasons. Trust me on this one. Sorry for writing a book...just had a lot to get out.

14. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:

It's all terribly romantic to me, but i just can hardly ever seeing that happen without some kind of alchol involved or someone having the courage to speak up. I'm in the same boat, as a not out bi guy, and i have this friend who i just seem to click wth, but i just think it'd be so farfetched for him to be bi too. Maybe i'm just jaded? lol.

15. yhtang

Gold Member

Albums:
    This sounds just like Brokeback Mountain. I wish you the best and may all work out well for you.

16. CrimsonTide

CrimsonTide New Member

Albums:
    Yep. Guys don't have to be painted like rainbows to have fun.

17. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    drumroll please.............the answer is YES!!!!!! in some case....it is very possible.....you probably have witnessed it but had no idea...how many of you have male friends that just seem to be too close to each other...these guys go everywhere and do everything together..go to the gym...shop together..play poker together.......play ball together ... dine together.....work together...and some may even be married..with kids...(remember your Uncle Ronnie) .....yet their closeness transcends all boundries...lol....these guys are usually not suspected of being gay....well sometimes they are ..but they pass themselves off as buddies...pals..homebois....frat members...we all know a few.....just think...

18. MegaDick

MegaDick New Member

jebby:

Dude you need to wake up. Having dick on the side is all very nice, but sooner or later your gay side will be exposed -- probably by some stupid negligent action on your part.

Cheating is cheating no matter what the gender, but when you add a wife AND children into the equation, the emotional consequences will be catastrophic for THEM someday. If you truly value a wife and children, then you should be willing to sacrifice all your selfish extra-marital sex to insure their happiness.

19. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Heres a true story, that I helped with.

I was chatting to one guy at a local college. He wasn't out, and "Nobody knew he was gay", and that there weren't ANY gay people at this university. I met him at the doorms, and chatted to him alot after that.

So i was chatting with another guy...from the same university...and the same dorm hall... I thought it was the same guy at first, but, different name.

Suddenly In pops the Other guy in the same dorm...same hall...

SO Since Both guys claimed nobody knew, and they were depressed,
    I said "Joe. Wait 1 minute, then go out in the hallway, and look to the north" (He thought it was me on my laptop), then come back to the computer.

So I said to the other one, Kevin, go in the hallway, and look to the south give it a minute, then come back to the computer.

Both came back. "I didn't see you, but there was a hot guy in the hallway"

"Kevin, meet Joe"
    "Joe, meet Kevin"
    "Send raunchy pictures"

C

Draft saved Draft deleted