Can a gay man and a straight man have an intimate non sexual relationship?

rrkrd

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Is it possible to be so close with each other that there is nothing personal you would be afraid to talk with him about?

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
Sure. As gay man I see my straight male, straight female, lesbian and gay friends without any distinction as to what I'm willing to share with them.

On edit: will add that when I was in the throes of a very painful breakup with a partner, it was a straight buddy I turned to more than gay or women friends. He was totally there for me.

Last edited:

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Of course. I've seen my best straight mate through marriage, divorce, delinquent daughters, endometreitis, and now breast cancer in his partner. And he's been there through my traumas too. We do hug, but we ain't sucked cocks!

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Of course.
My wife and I had a gay friend we were totally tight with. We would tell each other the deepest, most hidden stuff within us.
Then one day he was gone. 30+ years later, we still miss him, and speak fondly of him often.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Of course.....I have more Straight friends than Gay or BI...some know that I am BI....and some don't.

There has never been a problem with any of those that have known my true status. I've even
been the Best Man at 5 weddings of straights...all 5 knew about me.

I even have 4 godchildren whose parents are also aware.

So, why not? :confused:

Last edited:

MonsterUncut

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes, I have 2 str8 male friends that I'm very very close with. Hang out, watching movies, he'll lay on the couch with his head on my lap, joke around, do all kinds of stuff. We've both seen each other naked with hard cocks, but NEVER EVER crossed the line with one of them. The other, well we've had j/o sessions, he's jacked me/I've jacked him, nothing more...just lending a helping hand. We're comfortable with who we are and respect each other very much. No big deal. They've always been there for me, and I'll always be there for them. Nothing awkward.

Peace

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
First, I honestly don't think this is a dumb question.

More to the point, yes, my best friend for over ten years, is straight and not even curious. We get along terrifically and he even joins my boyfriend and I when we do go out on the town.

Chastig

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
do you deal with internal homophobia? Certainly 2 people with differnt sexual identies can be friends... I don't understand why you would even question such a thing..

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is a question along the lines of, "Can a man and a woman truly be just friends?" (the assumption there being that they're both hetero). It's a good question. How much does sexual tension, even if it's just one sided, influence or affect a friendship? I think it's possible to have purely non-sexual motives in a friendship with another person, even if there's an attraction there or some sexual tension, although that will affect the friendship. Humans are very complicated, there are lots of influences in all of our relationships, attraction is just one of them.