Can a gay man and a straight man have an intimate non sexual relationship?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My best male friend is str8.
I love him like a brother, and if he one day "woke up" gay (and that would never happen, because he really is str8), he and I would never be together. Why? I know him well. I know his soul, I know how he breathes. And I love him more than anything, I love him like a brother.
And I never fuck with friends:)

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes. I've talked about this isssue before. My best friend is straight (and get this, Mormon). But we're very close. In fact, I'm the godfather of his only child. Biology might say otherwise, but the guy is my brother.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes. I worked with a guy back in the late 70's, he was effeminate, funny, smart, a good worker and good person. I wasn't sure if he was gay or not. we used to go to the bar after work, hang out, my wife would join us, a lot of my friends became his friends. we smoked pot together, he came over for pizza, hbo, cinemax. it was even called "gay" back then. it was called "queer". we talked a little about sex. he had had a few girls, non lasted. I was married, all "hetro". he knew I had scored a lot of pussy in my day. he met several of my ex gfs. he knew my wife and I loved each other a lot. that we fucked at least once every day. he got "kicked" out of the house one nite cuz we wanted to fuck.

I knew his dad had dis-owned him for some reason. he dated a lot of older woman on and off, and he woud talk about guys a little bit. about 1982, he started coming out of the closet, and was seen with a local gay guy. they began dating. it didn't bother me that much. I took some shit because I was talking to gay guys. we did not spend much time together after that, because he was busy with his BF. my wife was more shocked that me, but accepted it.

when the HIV, AIDS thing came out and gays were linked to it, we met up and told him I was scared, we had a new baby, science had no idea where HIV was coming from just a definite link to gays, so I told him we better keep our distance. he didn't like that but understood. we were living in 2 different cities by then anyway.

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Of course! My best friend in High School was bi and that was in the late 70's... He died in 1994 of AIDS. I don't think that I've been that close to any male since those days.

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I probably have the most meaningful conversations with my gay friend. I feel that he is more mature and makes more of an effort to understand me than my straight and "questionable" friends. And he feels that I am more interesting and accepting than his usual group of friends.

And it probably has little or nothing to do with our respective sexualities.

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
when the HIV, AIDS thing came out and gays were linked to it, we met up and told him I was scared, we had a new baby, science had no idea where HIV was coming from just a definite link to gays, so I told him we better keep our distance. he didn't like that but understood. we were living in 2 different cities by then anyway.

Oh my god, I can't believe a person would think like that. I hate to judge you, but that kind of mentality just makes me cringe. It's ignorant paranoia that propogates hateful discrimination and persecution of innocent victims. By this point, you understand how wrong you were, don't you? Not because "science" has finally proven that homosexual activity does not affect you unless you actually participate in it, but because you never should have required proof in the first place.

Last edited:

lucidbass

Experimental Member
Media
Oh my god, I can't believe a person would think like that. I hate to judge you, but that kind of mentality just makes me cringe. It's ignorant paranoia that propogates hateful discrimination and persecution of innocent victims. By this point, you understand how wrong you were, don't you? Not because "science" has finally proven that homosexual activity does not affect you unless you actually participate in it, but because you never should have required proof in the first place.

I do not think that you (or I for that matter) can really judge the situation. We were far too young to really comprehend the HIV scare of the 1980s.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My closest best buddies are committed breeders and there has never been any weirdness about me being gay. It helps that I don't find any of them remotely sexually attractive. They poke fun of my taste in men but I love them to pieces for it. They are more straight than I care to admit but it's easy and natural with them and I somehow always feel at home when they're around. It's funny where love can grow and thrive.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I do not think that you (or I for that matter) can really judge the situation. We were far too young to really comprehend the HIV scare of the 1980s.

This is true. I remember it. Before anyone knew that HIV caused AIDS there were a lot of crazy theories and people were frightened. No one knew if it could be transmitted like a cold or not.

Now of course these fears are ignorant, but there was a time ~1983 when no one knew anything except that it was deadly and killing a lot of gay men.

Media
My straight friends and I can talk about anything-anything that is except my sexuality. They just don't want to be confronted with "what I do" Bit odd is'nt it? One of them in particular loves anal sex with women-and getting head from women is fine-The thought that I might actually want and enjoy a guy fucking me, and me giving head somehow fills them with revulsion. So we don't go there, discussion wise.
I think that a lot of straight guys think that gay guys are totally promiscuous, and are grateful for anything that comes their way, so they better watch out, give me an inch and next thing I'm hittin on 'em. Or maybe they don't want to be confronted with the fact that a gay guy might not find them attractive, so don't put yourslef in a position to find out.
Imagine being knocked back by a fag?? Your straight ego might not be able to handle it.

Poivre89

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have several close straight male friends. And yes we even talk and joke about my sex life the same we do about their sex lives. I am not from some crazy hyper-socially aware area people can be friends based on shared activities and other common interests regardless of their sexuality.

I think it is sad that people don't think this can exist. We sit around drink beer, bullshit, listen to music just like any other group of male friends. Most of the closest friends I have had have been totally straight males. The first person I came out to was a very close straight friend and he was extremely understanding and we are still close friends today. It's just a difference in pronouns when telling stories about dates or getting laid.

I also have a lot of close friends that are gay males and I have no sexual relationship with them.

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
there were a lot of crazy theories and people were frightened.

Exactly, mass hysteria propagated by nonsense media. There's plenty of that shit still going on today. This is why I don't have a TV and don't read the news. I like to think for myself.

Now of course these fears are ignorant, but there was a time ~1983 when no one knew anything except that it was deadly and killing a lot of gay men.

They should have been reached out to, not cast away like lepers.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is NOT a dumb question!

I have some, and they have been dears. But mostly, it's because I don't find them attractive, but I love them so much as friends.