Can a Man be TOO attractive?

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
eheheeehh, I dated an English girl who told me the reason they have so many ugly actors on british TV. Apparently it's because producers there believe that brits like the "real" look of average (ugly) people, whereas americans won't watch anything without super attractive folks.

I had noticed that a lot of the movies set in Victorian times feature actors who are rather a rough lot, not to appealing to the eye.

Bad teeth and cold emotions seem to be a British standard.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
finding someone attractive and being attracted to someone doesn't mean they're good looking.
and it's not just a question of taste.
i like bull mastiffs too. they're fucking ugly and it's so damn cute.
i like disfiguring scars...please, try to tell me that's good looking.

a guy can look too perfect to be attractive.

Attractive, as in the intellectual sense, and not the all around good face looks.

I find mental attraction, the ability to talk and command attention to be more effective than the just plain good looks. My wife is not a looker, but after a few minutes of your attention, will have you listening for her next words.
(that a a magnificent chest).

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If I was handsome enough that a woman would say something like that, it would be like water of my back (or whatever the proper saying is). I doubt you have a really hard time getting women anyways.

The only problem is that you tend to never get the girl that you really want by going about things like that - trust me I've tried.

Sure there are 50 ok girls who are all over you, but if you have your eye on a particular girl, for whatever reason she's always the 1/50 who sorta isn't into you.

Usually due to the fact that she thinks your a player because you have all the girls on you... never stopping to think if you actually like a bunch of girls that you're not attracted to all over you and you could actually really like her. :rolleyes:

RedHead8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm a gay man who considers himself a bit above average looking and I encountered many hot guys who were somehow attracted to me. I do remember thinking (but not saying out loud) that I could never date some of these guys because they were too hot for me.

I think it says a lot more about the level of self-confidence I had at the time than anything else. I probably didn't trust that I was attractive enough to keep those guys for myself. I feared I would get hurt if I allowed myself to have feelings for them, that they would eventually leave me for someone better looking.

I now realize it was my problem, not theirs. So, in my opinion, it's not about guys being "too attractive for their own good", but about people lacking self-confidence and projecting their issues onto others.

poppinfresh

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, i found the youngest brother of one of my sis's boyfriends the best looking guy i've ever seen. I thought he had to be the one to ask cause anyone else would think he's way out of their league.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
remember, some girls are insecure around somebody who's prettier than they are. Be prepared to flatter an insecure one like crazy. But otw you are going to get acceptances from more confident girls. Just wait till you come across a superwoman like that! You'll never look back. :wink:

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depends on how you'd define attractive. Either someone that would tick all the boxes for me personally OR what is commonly seen as "attractive".

I'm not usually into the whole "pretty boy"-thing. I really dont like very toned guys in general, especially sixpacks just dont do anything for me. I wouldnt usually go for guy thats more "metrosexual". I like my men a bit rugged, rough on the edges, messy beards, that kind of stuff. So in that aspect, it could very well be on first instance I could find someone "too attractive" to date.

Though, if you were refering to "too attractive" as "out of my league", I just dont believe there should be such a thing. Not to come across as arrogant, but theres just either a connection there, or there isnt. If anything, a "pretty" guy sure wouldnt make me insecure.

playerclient

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, one of my oldies gets revived

Originally Posted by midwestbeef [URL]http://www.lpsg.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/URL]
Women, can a man be too attractive for you to date?

As a guy who's very, very low on the attractiveness scale (most women resolutely find very short men very unattractive--plenty of comments about that here on lpsg), what she said to you has been a life-long wet dream for me. I figure being in the bottom 1-2% height-wise makes me a "1" on the physique scale, and my at-least-not-ugly face maybe bumps me up to a "2" in terms of the physical attractiveness scale (to women--gay men might not care as much about the shortness, but I'm straight so it's irrelevant to me).

I'd have orgasmed if a woman said to me something like what she said to you. Some desperate guys marry the first woman they lay, I'll marry the first woman who expresses physical lust for me, not just for sex. I think I'd propose on the spot if a woman ever told me she wanted to fuck me and it felt genuine.

Consider yourself lucky that you're a 9 or 10. A slight difference in a gene or two, or in the chemical makeup of your mother's amniotic fluid one day, and you might have been a 2. And it can make a difference in one's life, even for men.

Last edited:

B_Coconutz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Playerclient, looks go only so far, and confidence does the rest.

Confidence can be a double edged sword........wtf, it usually is. Just like looks. A confident man can take advantage of your desires just as easily as a great looking man. Choose what you really want. If it does'nt work out, you still have more choises.

I guess the next post should ask, "Can a man be too confident?"

D_Ernest Porknine

Experimental Member
Media
Confidence can be a double edged sword........wtf, it usually is. Just like looks. A confident man can take advantage of your desires just as easily as a great looking man. Choose what you really want. If it does'nt work out, you still have more choises.

I guess the next post should ask, "Can a man be too confident?"
Yes, it is called being cocky. Most women hate a cocky or vain guy.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As a guy who's very, very low on the attractiveness scale (most women resolutely find very short men very unattractive--plenty of comments about that here on lpsg), what she said to you has been a life-long wet dream for me. I figure being in the bottom 1-2% height-wise makes me a "1" on the physique scale, and my at-least-not-ugly face maybe bumps me up to a "2" in terms of the physical attractiveness scale (to women--gay men might not care as much about the shortness, but I'm straight so it's irrelevant to me).

I'm glad you said most rather than all :tongue:. Personally, I couldn't give a fuck how tall a guy is. I really don't care about height, in the same way that I really don't care about appearance. I can look at a supposedly attractive guy and recognise that others would find him attractive, but feel no attraction myself. I'm just not a visual person. Not caring about height may have something to do with being short myself, but I think it's more likely that it's just part of my general attitude towards appearance. For me it's all about personality.

I'd have orgasmed if a woman said to me something like what she said to you. Some desperate guys marry the first woman they lay, I'll marry the first woman who expresses physical lust for me, not just for sex. I think I'd propose on the spot if a woman ever told me she wanted to fuck me and it felt genuine.

When I want to fuck people it's based on their personality and/or their skills in bed. Those are the things that send my need-to-fuck level sky high. Surely I can't be the only one out there who works that way?

bigo4show

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[(most women resolutely find very short men very unattractive.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with your statement here. I'm only 5'4 and ever since I lost weight and put work in the gym I couldn't stop getting hit on by girls. Even taller girls hit on me.

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, you're just too fucking hot for her. Bury your beautiful face into your pillow tonight and sob sweet tears onto your unbelievably hot body as you reflect on the unwanted curse of your own attractiveness.

Or...give us a goddamn break.