Can a man change his Sexual Orientation?

Can a man change his Sexual Orentation?

• Yes!

Votes: 54 40.6%
  • No!

Votes: 79 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nope. In another thread you said how you're gay and just the other day you masturbated about male friends. I noticed that you put yourself as being 100% straight here but you are from a country where being bisexual or gay is probably greatly frowned upon.

Last edited:

Don't think so, no. It leads to anxiety and depression i think - constantly fighting against what comes naturally, would lead you to doubt your own feelings all the time.

Maybe if someone changed the way they acted, it would eventually have some effect - but I'm not convinced (since there's plenty of straight acting gays anyway). I could be wrong, though.

B_Hamadim

Experimental Member
Media
Don't think so, no. It leads to anxiety and depression i think - constantly fighting against what comes naturally, would lead you to doubt your own feelings all the time.

Maybe if someone changed the way they acted, it would eventually have some effect - but I'm not convinced (since there's plenty of straight acting gays anyway). I could be wrong, though.

I used to be %100 Gay, I had 3 Boyfriends back 4 years ago until I experienced some change in my Sexual Orientation, I found women to be hot and sexy, Fantasize about Hot women when masturbating, After that time I talked to my Boyfriends and told each one of them that we are stoping sex and I explained why..

So, How do you explain that?

Reactions: Frotninja21

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to be %100 Gay, I had 3 Boyfriends back 4 years ago until I experienced some change in my Sexual Orientation, I found women to be hot and sexy, Fantasize about Hot women when masturbating, After that time I talked to my Boyfriends and told each one of them that we are stoping sex and I explained why..

It means that you're bisexual. https://www.msu.edu/~alliance/faq/faqbisexuality.html The Bisexual Index | Bisexuality FAQ The Bisexual Index | Biphobia

Last edited:

Hjobber

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You are young, you come from a repressed country and you are still exploring your sexuality. You might not yet know whether you are gay, straight or bi, so just enjkoy multiple partners and don't worry about the labels. It really doesn't matter what your are as long as you are happy.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Yes I believe. Why? Because when you grow up, people assume you are straight. You don't think further. If some communities, you keep believing that because you have to and you deny yourself. You can start alife with wife and children, perfect straight, but maybe later in life you start to feel something different. So yes, you can change it. maybe it was there all the time, but for oustanders, you were staright and then gay.

Fredro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Denial.

You may have at one point thought you were all gay. I suspect you were never at ease with it and always fought not to be gay. Then you found that women also interested you. You then jumped at this point to make yourself believe that you were no longer gay. You are probably bisexual. I don't think your real sexual orientation has become clear to you yet.

Best to leave other people alone about their orientations until you work through the issues you have with your own first.

Last edited:

B_Hamadim

Experimental Member
Media
Denial.

You may have at one point thought you were all gay. I suspect you were never at ease with it and always fought not to be gay. Then you found that women also interested you. You then jumped at this point to make yourself believe that you were no longer gay. You are probably bisexual. I don't think your real sexual orientation has become clear to you yet.

Ignore what I said about me jumping from Homosexuality to Heterosexuality, It matters not..

The Question is, Can a man change his Sexual Orientation?

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, you cannot. It may take time to accept it, for it to reveal itself, or for a person to listen to their own feelings, but sexual orientation cannot be changed in my opinion.

A person may resist the feelings that are natural to them, but that isn't changing those feelings, it is ignoring and denying them. Some have a great capacity to tolerate denial, and may live their entire lives happily within it, but "those" feelings will always be there.

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's an unanswerable question. I would assume however the answer is yes, but it either has to be a willing change with a strong desire backing it, or a chemical change if done externally.

BiggerInTexas8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes I believe. Why? Because when you grow up, people assume you are straight. You don't think further. If some communities, you keep believing that because you have to and you deny yourself. You can start alife with wife and children, perfect straight, but maybe later in life you start to feel something different. So yes, you can change it. maybe it was there all the time, but for oustanders, you were staright and then gay.

All that means is the person is either a complete closet queen or else in denial about being bisexual or gay. They may later discover that they are bisexual or gay but I'd argue that these feelings were there all along and they either did not know about them, were in denial about them, or refused to accept them. I agree with matticus and a person can't change their sexual orientation. They may choose not to act on having sex with a certain gender or with anyone at all but you can't change who you are attracted to.

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to hate spinach because I grew up eating the canned stuff only. Then I discovered freshly cooked spinach in my twenties. Yummy. Did I change my culinary orientation? No, I just discovered more about my tastes. The same goes with music, books, climate, recreation, and yes, even sex.

Fredro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ignore what I said about me jumping from Homosexuality to Heterosexuality, It matters not..

NO.

In many of these behavior-change techniques, "success" has been defined as suppression of homoerotic response or mere display of physiological ability to engage in heterosexual intercourse. Neither outcome is the same as adopting the complex set of attractions and feelings that constitute sexual orientation.
Many interventions aimed at changing sexual orientation have succeeded only in reducing or eliminating homosexual behavior rather than in creating or increasing heterosexual attractions. They have, in effect, deprived individuals of their capacity for sexual response to others. These "therapies" have often exposed their victims to electric shocks or nausea-producing drugs while showing them pictures of same-sex nudes (such techniques appear to be less common today than in the past).
Another problem in many published reports of "successful" conversion therapies is that the participants' initial sexual orientation was never adequately assessed. Many bisexuals have been mislabeled as homosexuals with the consequence that the "successes" reported for the conversions actually have occurred among bisexuals who were highly motivated to adopt a heterosexual behavior pattern.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Au contraire. I think this is likely the impetus behind the question.

And for your answer, I refer you back to the always prescient Kotch.

Sexuality is fluid, no one person knows what is around the corner, the core of who you are doesn't change though, only how ready you are to accept the truth.