Can a man help?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Ed69, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Ed69

Gold Member

My wife's menses have started again and I hate seeing her in so much pain.:redface: Hot bathes and belly messages help but it's only temporary.She skips 2-3 months so when it happens it's realy intense for the first 48-72 hours!I've spent hours on the internet looking for a way to help her,but to no avail.:confused: The cramps are incredible I can see the stress in her face and body language.Other than the pain killers the doctor gave her is there anything I can do?I guess I'm the fixer type,and I can't in 16 years of trying.So do I just hold her and and ride it out or can I do more?

2. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Honestly, if anyone knows please tell... I just medicate myself into a state where I sleep. Relaxing music, lightly scented candles if she is not allergic, and soft spoken voice can help sooth her a little bit.

3. B_ironsoul

B_ironsoul New Member

I am the same way. After I lost my period for 2 years, it comes back every month with a vengence. I take insane amounts of painkillers, smoke some herb, and try to lay down. There isn't much that can be done, but maybe rubbing her back, telling her you love her, and some nice clean sheets is more than enough to let her know you do care that she is in pain.

4. witch

witch Member

A doctor told me to do exercises to help strengthen the muscles in the pelvic area, my cramps were pretty mild and the exercise did help me.

5. Principessa

Gold Member

Aww, you're sweet to want to help. I'm sure your love and support mean a lot to her.

I have similarly awful cramps. My life has revolved around the first 2 days of my period for about 13 years now.:frown1: :mad:

I have to ask, why belly massages? :confused: I can't stand any pressure on my stomach at that time of the month; but gentle lower back massages do seem to help. For me a hot water bottle often helps on the lower tummy. Most prescription painkillers make me nauseous. So I take 3 Motrin every five hours.

6. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Is she tri-cycling? She could ask her doctor if she could take the pill continually for a year, then have a period, there's no medical reason why she can't according to medical opinion here.

7. Chaz

Chaz Member

Female pains explane much why women are a nightmare to work with... with a unanimous vote my freinds this evening decided women are a nightmare to work with and i think women pains might play atleast a part in this. Thank goodness i work in the front office of a bank and not the back.

I think iron and vit. B's are meant to help women with bad periods. One of my X- girlfriends who had major period pains used this.... she was told and believed this helped tremendously

Cheers Charlie.............. BED.. drunked.. time

8. Ed69

Gold Member

Thanks to all the people that replied and sent PM's.Lisa can't take the pill,that's what started the problem.Edometriosis was ruled out with scans and tests.No cyst's on the ovary's nothing came up!She's in a hot bath now,and I'll be waiting to message her belly(Yes that works for her NJQT)I don't know why.But thanks again, just thought maybe there was more I could do for her.

9. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I'm just about at the stage where I'll be taking perks for the pain... I take 3 Advil Liqui Gels Extra Strength.. and that makes me comfortable.

10. MagicTongue

MagicTongue New Member

Here's what my sister does. Aspirin the day before she's due to start her period. It thins the blood.

11. happyfeet

happyfeet New Member

How is her diet? I know that when I eat consistently healthy, I don't get PMS or cramping. When I give in to the crap food desire, I regret it, every time. I even regret it the next month!

You are what you eat and all that.

I hope she finds something that works for her. =)

12. bbblowme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Find some of that grade A hydro and role a fatty but before all the smoking take a couple shots of Patron Tequila.

13. RideRocket

Gold Member

Although not specifically related to the pain of cramping, there is a medicine similar to prozac that some women take to lessen the associated mood swings. Of the top of my head I don't remember what it was called, but you take it while you are having your period. Plus, like I already mentioned, it's similar to prozac. If anyone is familiar with what I'm talking about - help!

14. Principessa

Gold Member

Ed69 you are doing far more than most men would ever consider. She knows you sympathize and are trying to help; and that means a hell of a lot.

Whatever you do don't chase the percoset with chardonnay you will sleep for 14 hours and miss work. :redface: :tongue:

ROTFLMAO :tongue: If thats all she needs that's great. But that is not the kind of pain the OP is talking about.

Don't type drunk Charlie, you say stupid things.:biggrin1: :tongue:

15. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Well. I know this sounds like the LEAST fun thing to do at the time you are having cramps... but walking helps SO much. The beginning of the walk sucks, but the more you walk the better you feel. That's why they sometimes have women walk while in labor, as well. Being active helps loosen the muscles so they don't cramp. Taking a walk may be the last thing on her mind, but it's one thing that can help a lot.

16. Ed69

Gold Member

Thanks Meg we will try that!Besides time away from the kids would be great!:)

17. Hand_Solo

Gold Member

A hot water bottle seems to help my wife sometimes.

18. Ed69

Gold Member

You can go away now troll!:mad:

19. Ed69

Gold Member

This is why I keep searching!I want so bad to help her and I can't.Call me mushy.But I can't stand to see her hurt.

Draft saved Draft deleted