Can A Woman be considered Straight?

Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have found in my life being around woman, women say some things that if a man said about another man, then his sexuality would be questioned...

One time I was over an my girlfriend's (at the time) house, and she was asking me a bunch of questions about other girls that we both knew....

She asks me.."Would you have sex with ______?"..Being smart, I said "no"
Then she gets real persistent and says "Well she is pretty and has a phat ass, and I know how much you love big butts"...and I am like "wtf"

And thats just a taste of the things I have heard women say that were "gay"..

Ladies, help me to understand why you notice other girls asses & tits, looks, etc. and don't have a problem with telling someone else about it.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you saw as guys biceps or huge cock would you not comment on it? Doesn't mean your gay or straight or anything else. You just notice things and talk about it with someone. It doesn't mean your going to tell everyone about it, but you might talk to your SO about it an ask them what they think to see if they find that body attractive.

Embrace69

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think it's not so much as being "gay" as it is admiration for what other women have I think. At least that's my mentality when I notice things about the same sex.

Women are mostly more vocal and pick up on certain things men would not. Additionally, it's more socially acceptable for us to make observations about the other sex. We even ask each other occasionally "How do you think this makes my ___ look?" I don't know exactly why we do these things or feel the need to have approval from the same sex but we do. It's kind of like a sisterhood of sorts. You look out for each other and that includes sharing your opinions on physical aspects of one's body to attract potential mates strangely enough.

Are you sure she wasn't joking around when she was suggesting this other female to you? Maybe she wanted to try some things out that she hadn't tried before with the two of you and she was looking at another woman the way you would to please you?

Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you saw as guys biceps or huge cock would you not comment on it? Doesn't mean your gay or straight or anything else. You just notice things and talk about it with someone. It doesn't mean your going to tell everyone about it, but you might talk to your SO about it an ask them what they think to see if they find that body attractive.

honestly, I can't say I have, maybe I am just weird.....

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yes, women notice other women.
yes, women talk about other women.
no, that doesn't automatically mean that women want to shag women.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Of course she can - what a stupid question.

If a woman has no sexual desire for other women then she is straight. don't get confused between the ability to see and comment on the attractiveness of something or someone and an actual desire for that thing / person.

I don't have to like cherry pie to bake a good one and know it smells great. I can even describe to you how crispy the pastry is and how it will melt in your mouth, and how the cherry filling is both tart and sweet and will give cherry lovers a tongasm - I can do all of that without wanting to eat the pie. Because I don't like cherry pie.

The difference is it is far more socially acceptable for a woman to comment on another woman's attractiveness without it being sexual.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am not a lady, but i will give you my two cents anyway.

In western civilization we are constantly comparing ourself to others, well in general humans do that, that is one of the reason we actually learn to talk and to walk.
But in the medialized the effect gets intensified by the permanent ability, tv models and actors, even your friends are everywhere around you, you got their facebook etc. account not only on your computer but you carry it with you on your cellphone.

So constantly comparing your self to others how can you not notice looks, tits and asses, and as a man how can you not notice shoulders, breasts and abs.
I mean i definitely notice those things on other mans, even tho i don't feel any attraction towards them.

The difference to me mostly is that many guys are raised homophobic, so not only are many of us afraid of the thought that another man has a nice body, but also scares that whoever he would mention that thought to would label him gay.
For women this is not so much of an issue.

sovicious

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I agree with Embrace. Its just an appreciative notice. Maybe your gf just gave the comment in more your terminology or just to show its not all that big a deal. I like the female form and will comment if I really like it. But I personally like women so my comments will range from the appreciative notice to very sexual if I really like her.

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a silly belief that all (ok most) women are bisexual because there are less repercussions that comes with their curiousness. They could kiss another girl and men would like it, or if they didn't like it, they would forget about it next week.

But thats just a my silly thing I like to say.

To be honest we all are kinda bisexual. We all can admire attributes from the opposite sex and our own. Sexuality is more like a spectrum.

Last edited:

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Admiration =/= sexual attraction

Questioning a man's sexuality for expressing his admiration = insecurity about your own sexuality

Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you sure she wasn't joking around when she was suggesting this other female to you? Maybe she wanted to try some things out that she hadn't tried before with the two of you and she was looking at another woman the way you would to please you

I am pretty sure she wasn't joking, she had already suspected that I had sex with the girl she was referring to anyway....

but I always hear women talking about other women's t&a all the time, and I see sometimes when I am out in a social setting, that women get a lil frisky with eachother...like "ahh your ass is getting big *then fondles her friends butt*" ***actual occurrence***

Embrace69

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Of course she can - what a stupid question.

I don't have to like cherry pie to bake a good one and know it smells great. I can even describe to you how crispy the pastry is and how it will melt in your mouth, and how the cherry filling is both tart and sweet and will give cherry lovers a tongasm - I can do all of that without wanting to eat the pie. Because I don't like cherry pie.

Oh man, Thanks for giving me a tongasm MB...Now I have a strange craving for Cherry Pie and I'm really salivating now...Great. *sigh*

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i think it's easier for women to be more fluid with their sexuality, whereas men are brought up and expected to behave in very strictly defined ways. this is "straight," that is "gay" and never the twain shall meet. whereas women seem to have a greater understanding of sexuality as a continuum where our behavior and identities aren't as static as most men would like to/have been rasied to believe.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
my sister is forever rearranging my chest when we're out.
she has a better view of how it's looking.
it's nothing sexual at all.
we just don't think it's a big deal.