Can an open relationship be successful?.

coolhungluke

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
My girlfriend has admitted to being a sex addict. In normal circumstances this is the perfect match for me as I am rather sex obsessed myself. The catch here is the fact that we are in an a long distance relationship (500 Mile away). We see each other one long weekend every 10 days.

She has a history of using men like toys and I find that part kind of hot. She is very erotic and likes showing off her guy to her girl friends... such as when she like to get me hard in public. Anyway, she recently gave me a surprise. She tells me that because of the long distance she can no longer wait 10 days or so for a weekend of non-stop sex. So I either move to her city or she wants an open relationship. She has a big corporate job and makes more money than I do.

I have not cheated on her. She has admitted to cheating on me once with a women. I have obvious concerns about an open relationship. I really am into her but the idea of her having sex with other men without me, turns me off.

Most women that I have dated develop such strong emotional connections that it is very difficult for them to cheat. This girl however thinks more like a guy. She told me that she first decided to date me because "you have a big cock and your body is light".... the combo gives her the strongest orgasms. She likes a big cock inside her with a dude laying on top. If the cock is small she does not cum, if the guy is too heavy she feels crushed and cannot cum.

I'd like to think my relationship is stronger than good sex. However, I am very mindful of the fact that it was good sex that got her interested in the first place. She is a size queen. She also is into black men. I am the first white guy she has dated in a number of years (she is white). This fact makes me a little self conscious that she is craving sex with a black man.

Her request for an open relationship is like a "I want to have cake and eat it too situation." I predict that if we go into an open relationship we will both have lots of sex on the side and it will cause jealousy conflicts.

Does anyone have a successful open relationship?

She's using you like a bitch and like a toy. Having her cake and eating it too. Eventually she'll just move on and find a relationship with another man. Open relationships do not work.

D_Sherian_LaNeige

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It only works if you both have the same attitude. You really need to be honest with each other about how you feel and what you get up to.

I'm currently giving some thought to my own open relationship... I also "think like a guy" I suppose - I don't love my guy any less despite occasionally getting together with others, but his sex drive has slowed to a halt in the last few years and doesn't feel the urge for sex with me or anyone else. He's a lot older than me and busy running a company, so this is probably completely natural... but now I feel bad when I sleep with other men because I know it makes him feel a bit inadequate sometimes. On the other hand, I might not still be with him by now if I didn't have a few outlets for my frustration.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Open means "having your cake and eating yours and other's cakes, pies and pastries". :smile: If you want something to last, both people have to make it so. I don't think that she will leave you because it is long-distance. But I bet when things get too close in proximity, she'll break it off. If she likes black guys...she may have a deeper relationship with those fellas in more ways than one. :rolleyes: I wouldn't feel insecure with that. If you want a closed relationship with a woman, find a woman that wants that. There are plenty of women that like white guys.

So, I think that if she likes things open. Allow her that. You probably should date women in your area. Do not put all your dick in one basket when it is open season. She is getting her fill of dick and you should be getting your dick into some good pussy. (PROTECT YR NUTS!!!)

Open relationships can be good as long as everyone in that relationship is getting what they want out of them. Variety of sex is good. Stability and devotion of partners are uncertain. But you can have instability and lack of devotion in closed relationships.

Open relationships are like diversifying emotional and sexual portfolios.