Can anyone shed some light on this?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by nsxdotcom, Nov 9, 2006.

1. nsxdotcom

nsxdotcom Member

Albums:
    Hello all. This is my first post and I've been a long time reader, just mainly taking in all of the great help many of you have given others as well as enlightening me on many topics that I've questioned myself and even created new ones. So, a long overdue 'thank you' for all of your help! :smile:

Now, on to my question. Certainly anyone is welcome to respond, but I just felt that the ladies might be the best source of help. My current girlfriend of a year does something that I've never witnessed before and I'm wondering if someone can shed some light on it as to why it happens or what exactly is happening. Here goes: Her legs twitch (shake, if you will) uncontrollably for a good 10-20 minutes during which time she can't even attempt to stand or walk. Predominantly, it begins around 5 -10 minutes after we're done having sex. On a few occasions, it begins as soon as I withdraw, and even rarer still, it will happen during. I know that some are going to say that it's from her having an orgasm, but the timing of this is throwing me off. Her orgasms have happened long before the shaking begins. Not sure if it's relevant or not, but she is extremely orgasmic and has quite a few during sex, so perhaps that plays a part? I don't know. I'm certainly not complaining in the least...it's just that any shaking that previous partners have displayed has been preceeded immediately by her orgasm. This, for the most part, is a 5-10 minute delayed reaction. Any help?

2. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

That is certainly something rare. I don't know anyone in person who has ever experienced or seen something like this, really funny.

I know the sensations of an orgasm, especially the tactile sensations, are not gone once the penis is out again. Speaking for myself, I have this "phantom penetration" for minutes, or even hours after, it is especially strong after what we call great sex, or after I've had someone with a lot of endowment. So probably, she's going off on this secondary feeling.

It's also probable, more proabable than my first take on this, that this is just a delayed muscle spasm. Are her legs in a position that puts a lot of strain on her thigh/hip muscles before these twitches occurr? If so, that might be an explanation. I sometimes have muscle cramps a short time after I've done something strenuous, not immediately after, but a little postponed.

As long as these spasms don't occurr in other situations, or right out of nothing, I'd not say it's something serious. But if they become more often, I guess a trip to the doctor is necessary.

3. Gain on 10

Gain on 10 New Member

If it's causing ANY problems outside the bedroom, ask a Dr. If it's not causing any issues in her life outside the sexual realm, I'd just chalk it up to the richness of human diversity.

4. nsxdotcom

nsxdotcom Member

Albums:
    Claire, Gain, thanks for your insights. As for the questions you've asked, she's essentially lying on her back every single time it happens and I can't possibly think of any stress/strain that might be present. It never happens to her in any other situation - not even when she's alone with her toys. It's only when we have sex. I definitely don't have any concern that it's something worthy of medical attention. I just feel that it's in some way related to sex and/or her orgasms but just don't know what triggers these "aftershocks."

5. Gisella

Gold Member

Yeh I do agree with Claire... go check with the Doc..

Plus, does she exercise regularly? Its very good to have flexibility by streching routine...Plilates, Yoga etc...with strenght and cardio etc.

Sure I had my melting legs and bit of shaking moments because of after shock effects but a bit of it and not like her that happens later on etc...

6. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Id put it down to as you say 'after shocks' and her nerves still reacting. 20 minutes is a long delay but i guess you may just be an good lover and her being very senitive.

If either of you are worried that it could be more than after shocks go see a doctor

7. cofrader

cofrader Member

Albums:
    I think that that is a beautifull thing and that you made some good impresion on her.
    Sorry, but im going to write some funny things.
    Maybe she is adiccted to you, and she feels the symdrom of abstinence.
    Where is she from? Maybe she is on a different time zone.
    I dont think you need any.
    Every girl is different, if she enjoy it, keep up the good work.:cool:

8. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

Does it happen every single time you have sex, no matter how long you've been going at it? Does it only happen after intercourse or also after she orgasms during oral sex? I can shake and shudder before and during an intense orgasm and that might carry over a little bit in extreme cases, but I've never heard of it happening 5-10 minutes later. As others have mentioned, if she's not cramping/in pain and it's not bothersome, I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe you just cause lingering effects. :smile:

9. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Is she flat on her back during intercourse? How are her legs positioned? Are you heavy? Ask her if she thinks she's any less flexible than her girlfriends. After sex with a heavy partner on top of me, regardless of position, I'm fine... until I try to stand. Then I get a devastating headache. Maybe her situation is similar.

10. nsxdotcom

nsxdotcom Member

Albums:
    Yes, it happens every, single time and only from penetration. It has never happened from oral, masturbation, or any other scenario...just from me in her. Honestly, it's the oddest thing, but in a good way! For the most part, we'll finish and then a few minutes later she'll say "Ok, here we go..." and the twitching starts. She knows (after trying a few times to walk during these aftershocks and basically falling to her knees) that the best thing to do is to just lie there and ride it out. It's not uncomfortable for her and she seems to giggle through it, so that's why I'm not overly concerned that's it's something detrimental. I've just never seen it before and extremely curious.

11. kundalinikat

kundalinikat Member

Here's a thought-
    It may have something to do with a certain muscle, or actually it's kind of a few muscles. Look up iliopsoas, which is made up of the psoas major and the iliacus. Sometimes this muscle can hold in a lot of tension and you can let out this tension by allowing your thighs to quiver without controlling how they do it.

Try lying on your back with the soles of your feet or your inner ankles touching, and let your knees lay as far out as they naturally do. Then let them scissor closed just a fraction and fall open again, and keep doing this, just let them quiver open and closed at their own pace, and keep breathing all the while. That random but not-quite-meaningless quivering is the psoas releasing its tension.

Since this muscle pulls the thighs up to the trunk and out to the sides, your girlfriend might be holding a lot of tension in it during sex, and then it finds a way to un-flex itself by letting the tension flutter out.

12. nsxdotcom

nsxdotcom Member

Albums:

13. brohamdog

brohamdog New Member

sounds like sciatica to me.i used to get VICIOUS leg cramps during sex.it made it impossible to nut.

14. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Unplug her. :smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted