Can Gay Guys Help Straight Guys Hook Up?

D

deleted3782

Can a straight guy have a better chance of "pulling" if he has a gay friend with him at a bar? Does a straight guy have improved chances of going home with a girl if he brings a gay guy with him as a cheerleader and coach?

I'm wondering if some gay guys might have a better handle on how women think...and could advise a straight guy on what to say...or what not to say. Gay guys might also be able to act as a booster to talk-up the straight guy to women in a way that maybe straight guys...and other straight women...might not.

Can a gay guy be a straight guys best luck charm in hooking up?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes and no!
If a straight guy is a douche with the ladies he won`t get laid!
If he is a decent enough guy, YES! All in all a gay guy can be lots of help! :cool:

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
exwhyzee...

You've spent time in the chat room, you already know the answer to this!

Based on the fact that 95% of the gay men in chat seem to know how to talk to the women, compared to probably only 5% of the straight ones, I think it's quite clear that a lot of straight men have plenty they could learn from gay guys.

They could start by teaching them that "Nice tits luv" and "Nice pic, hows the pussy?" are inappropriate for "first contact" and likely to result in them being ignored.

D

deleted3782

exwhyzee...

You've spent time in the chat room, you already know the answer to this!

Based on the fact that 95% of the gay men in chat seem to know how to talk to the women, compared to probably only 5% of the straight ones, I think it's quite clear that a lot of straight men have plenty they could learn from gay guys.

They could start by teaching them that "Nice tits luv" and "Nice pic, hows the pussy?" are inappropriate for "first contact" and likely to result in them being ignored.

Haha, I was thinking of playing up the guy's dick size to the prospective lady when he's in the bathroom...but that's probably the wrong tact. :tongue:

The other side of this is that some women might be put off if a straight guy is hanging around with a gay guy. Maybe she will think she's being played...or maybe she would want more of a "real man" who doesn't have close gay friends. I could see it going either way...honestly.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
The other side of this is that some women might be put off if a straight guy is hanging around with a gay guy. Maybe she will think she's being played...or maybe she would want more of a "real man" who doesn't have close gay friends. I could see it going either way...honestly.

It's depressing to admit that I know women who would think like that. For those of us who don't suffer from moronic issues like that though, having gay friends and not being concerned about others knowing shows them to be more of a man if anything.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I believe so. I'd say that a lot of straight men seem to need help and that a gay man might be able to provide them with help.

It's also a nice to know right away that a straight guy isn't homophobic and he has gay friends, so that makes him more attractive to me immediately.

D

deleted3782

I doubt that most straight guys would think of a gay guy as an asset in picking up women. I know about the Wingman concept in which straight guys are supposed to help each other get the girl. I'd think most guys would think of another straight guy as their best resource. I'd bet another straight woman would the most guy's second choice, and probably a lesbian would be third. I bet most straight guys would think of a gay guy as the least desirable companion...just out of fear that it would make them look less masculine or desirable...when in fact...it could be the best choice?

Anyone here ever witnessed this strategy in action? Will gay guys become the next lucky underwear?

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yes, I believe so. I'd say that a lot of straight men seem to need help and that a gay man might be able to provide them with help.

It's also a nice to know right away that a straight guy isn't homophobic and he has gay friends, so that makes him more attractive to me immediately.
I liked Petite's answer. I am a gay man with a straight room mate. We have known each other for quite a few years. We recently went on a vacation together and he had found a girl that he went to HS with 30 years ago.(We are in our early 50's) he had set up a date with her and did not want to go without including me..it was more like a reconnect thing rather then a date. I felt like a 3d wheel but went along anyway.My roomate is VGL even at 52 and even though good looking he is still very insecure and does not know the first thing to talk about with a woman..Well her and i hit it off and were able to have our own private conversation because we met at a bar and my roomy was talking to a guy next to him who was very chatty which gave us time to chat before we were sat for dinner. It ended up being a very fun time for all of us. I was able to loosen up both of them. Even though there was not a hook-up that evening, not was not the plan. They do plan to get together next time we go back. I guess i relieved the tention on both sides. I just sayin,lol.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

That reminds me of the comedienne who says female genital mutilation doesn't happen in this country.

.....because American men don't know where the clitoris is.

That joke is about a terrible topic so I hope no one is offended, but it went over very well with her audience. Plus she educated people on the topic and then ended it with a joke to lighten the mood so I am in the school that it was more of a help than a hindrance.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I doubt that most straight guys would think of a gay guy as an asset in picking up women. I know about the Wingman concept in which straight guys are supposed to help each other get the girl. I'd think most guys would think of another straight guy as their best resource. I'd bet another straight woman would the most guy's second choice, and probably a lesbian would be third. I bet most straight guys would think of a gay guy as the least desirable companion...just out of fear that it would make them look less masculine or desirable...when in fact...it could be the best choice?

Anyone here ever witnessed this strategy in action? Will gay guys become the next lucky underwear?

Interesting topic. I never thought of this before so thanks for raising the question. In reading all the posts I'm thinking that the best thing would be for the gay guy to counsel the straight guy before he goes out, but not actually go out with him. Best of both worlds -- he'd have the gay guy's insight into how women think, but he wouldn't have the potential "baggage" if they girl thinks it weird that a potential sex partner is hanging with a gay guy. Just my first reaction. I might change my mind as I think about it some more.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

I dunno, I have straight male friends who love going on the pull with me, because I get on really well with women. I suppose on occasion I have done the whole wingman thing, not quite so calculatedly perhaps, but certainly I was aware and so were my friends that my company and ability to approach women and be on friendly terms with them quite quickly was an asset for my straight male friends who might be less naturally comfortable or just less successful with approaching women and making them feel comfortable.

Last edited:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What if the gal responds to the booster talk by asking, "Well, have you blown this guy, or what?":biggrin1:

Gay guys might also be able to act as a booster to talk-up the straight guy to women in a way that maybe straight guys...and other straight women...might not.

balkanxxl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yeah I don't think its "insight". I think women just have a comfort level with gay men, there is no attraction or nerves involved, so the discussions are just natural and on friendly level.(like friend talking to friend)

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Queer Eye For The Straight Guy always sorta creeped me out on a visceral level; it produced more winces per hour from me than any other non-political/news show on television at that time. But then, I dislike "makeover" shows on principle :wink:

That having been said, anything that might help a communication-challenged straight guy find success with women is not a bad thing. When I worked at a tony and very pricey boutique on FtL's answer to Rodeo Drive, I occasionally stopped by a well-known (completely straight) watering hole/pick-up joint a few doors down for a burger and a couple of beers after work. Many of the regulars there were also regular customers of mine, and I got to know many of them (both men and women) on a chatty/chummy level.

Though not often, I'd occasionally facilitate introductions and "prime the pump" in terms of small talk and putting each other at ease, keeping things light and jokey. As I was considered completely non-threatening to both men (to whom I represented no competition) and women (who understood that my attentions and interest were completely Platonic), I was a crutch for each, though more often with the women.

Nearly all of my introductions were instigated by women curious but hesitant to appear overly aggressive or who weren't entirely clear on whether their object of admiration was a "good guy" or not; most of the men were at least somewhat more mature (40s or 50s) and generally had plenty of confidence. And as the neighborhood was affluent and high-end sophisticated, the guys usually weren't completely socially inept.

Though I cannot claim any Dolly Levi-type matches made in Heaven, I remember several couples who'd drop by to the boutique some time later to show off their newly-found (if fleeting) intimacy. It was interesting to me how much trust so many people had in my opinions of others.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I had a super straight but very cool (and horny) USMC roomate for many years. I helped him with the ladies, smoothed out the rough edges, and raised his sophisticate quotient at his request. He consequently scored a ridiculous amount of pussy before finally settling down with a terrific woman.

He was a smart guy. Happy and appreciative too.

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Unless the gay guy is a real flamer, I don't understand how the girl would know that the straight guy's friend is gay.

Does the straight guy introduce himself by saying, "Hey, I'm Joe and this is my best gay friend?" Why would he tell a girl he just met about his friend's sexual preference? Wouldn't that seem kind of creepy to the girl?

Or does the gay guy introduce himself and say, "I'm gay, but my friend Joe over there thinks you're really hot?" Why would the gay guy bring up his own sexual preference in that scenario? Wouldn't that seem kind of creepy to the girl?

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unless the gay guy is a real flamer, I don't understand how the girl would know that the straight guy's friend is gay.

Does the straight guy introduce himself by saying, "Hey, I'm Joe and this is my best gay friend?" Why would he tell a girl he just met about his friend's sexual preference? Wouldn't that seem kind of creepy to the girl?

Or does the gay guy introduce himself and say, "I'm gay, but my friend Joe over there thinks you're really hot?" Why would the gay guy bring up his own sexual preference in that scenario? Wouldn't that seem kind of creepy to the girl?

That's exactly what I was thinking. And what's in it for the gay wingman anyway?

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What if the gal responds to the booster talk by asking, "Well, have you blown this guy, or what?":biggrin1:

My answer would be, "No, sorry. He's straight. But he's a great guy, and good-looking, and he'd like to get to know you better."

Or a sassier answer: "No, he was kinda hoping you'd wrap YOUR lips around his cock."

I'm not saying I don't think it would be fun. If a straight guy asked me to do that for him I would. I just don't see how it would work without seeming strangely pre-planned to the girl.

Yeah, and that's what makes the idea seem a bit off to me. I'm more into meeting people and finding out who they are, and THEN saying, "Let's fuck."

NCbear (who is finished with being "on the prowl," but who remembers how being too-obviously "on the prowl" often meant less success than a more gradual approach :wink:)