can guys be raped by women?

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually we're quoting you verbatim! Technically, to twist words we'd have to change them in some way or take them out of context. Truth is you're probably a lovely person who does charity work for kittens or something like that but the only impression I'm getting from you is that you have dug a hole by making a stupid comment and don't know when to stop digging!
On the plus side at least you know how working in the White House must feel. :tongue:

This is identical to the post I was about to pen (you idea robbing bastard!!:biggrin1: ) You made a pile of ridiculous statements, ganja4me, and instead of backing down, you're simply watering down your original position with each post, hoping to get it to a bland enough point where people accept it.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually we're quoting you verbatim! Technically, to twist words we'd have to change them in some way or take them out of context. Truth is you're probably a lovely person who does charity work for kittens or something like that but the only impression I'm getting from you is that you have dug a hole by making a stupid comment and don't know when to stop digging!
On the plus side at least you know how working in the White House must feel. :tongue:

Yes but you are not interpreting it the way I am trying to get it across. Is it stupid for me to be less informed? Like I have said I never claimed to be an expert on this just giving my view from my information. If I am wrong about it then I admit it. All I am saying now is I did not know this before and I'm sure a lot of people do not know this. I am not denying that this may happen. I am just saying it seems odd that it does happen.

warmhorizon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm sorry I didn't know some people react this way but that is just me being uninformed about certain aspects of the situation. Obviously you took it as me saying I am right and you are wrong which isn't the case.
Not to go all zen master on you or anything but think on this:
A man overhears two people saying that a woman has killed her husband. This man then proceeds to gather a crowd and spread the word that the woman has killed her husband and the woman is arrested. A short while later she is bailed out by her, still very much alive, husband.
Now, is it the fault of the man for telling the crowd something that he was "uninformed" about or is it the fault of the crowd for believing him?

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is identical to the post I was about to pen (you idea robbing bastard!!:biggrin1: ) You made a pile of ridiculous statements, ganja4me, and instead of backing down, you're simply watering down your original position with each post, hoping to get it to a bland enough point where people accept it.

There is no backing down for me to do. I just wasn't informed about this. What was so ridiculous about my statements. For someone that is not informed about this it would make sense. I understand that this may happen but I still stand by what I said about it not making sense that the body reacts this way. I would think that since the brain has so much control over your body it would not be able to prepare you for sex when something like this is happening to you. I am not trying to water down my original post so people accept it. I accept it if I was wrong I just think this argument never would have happened if others were more sympathetic to the fact that I knew nothing about this happening.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes but you are not interpreting it the way I am trying to get it across. Is it stupid for me to be less informed? Like I have said I never claimed to be an expert on this just giving my view from my information. If I am wrong about it then I admit it. All I am saying now is I did not know this before and I'm sure a lot of people do not know this. I am not denying that this may happen. I am just saying it seems odd that it does happen.​
it's not stupid to be uninformed.

it's stupid to be uninformed but pretend that you are, while making statements as "facts" which are nothing more than your own flimsy theory.

for the record, unlike warmhorizon, i'm not the least bit sorry if i insulted you :smile:

PerfectlySexy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just goes to show how one individual can ruin a discussion on an important topic. When I saw the topic I thought I could share my experiences, having known some men who were raped, some by men and others by women. These men's stories have impressed upon me the need to talk more openly and frequently about this issue. However, the tone of this discussion will leave those stories for another time and I'll just fill in a couple things that have been missed. Though the statistics are somewhat lacking it does appear that men are raped far more frequently than most people assume. The perpetrators of male rape are overwhelmingly heterosexual men, but cases of women raping men while rare, do happen. I suspect the most common form of rape, for men as well as women, is through incapacitation (induced by drugs and/or alcohol).

warmhorizon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I would think that since the brain has so much control over your body it would not be able to prepare you for sex when something like this is happening to you.
Clearly you're not a biology student then. You see the human brain controls EVERYTHING the body does although most of it is autonomous. However humans can, at most, control approximately 15% of the brain so the other 85% is out of your hands. Also, in terms of logic a bumblebee cannot produce enough lift with its wings to lift its body off a surface and the wingspan is not enough to allow flight and yet it flies. Hmm... quite a conundrum! :tongue:

for the record, warmhorizon, i'm not the least bit sorry if i insulted you :smile:
I wouldn't have it any other way :tongue: And you didn't so chill. :cool:

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not to go all zen master on you or anything but think on this:
A man overhears two people saying that a woman has killed her husband. This man then proceeds to gather a crowd and spread the word that the woman has killed her husband and the woman is arrested. A short while later she is bailed out by her, still very much alive, husband.
Now, is it the fault of the man for telling the crowd something that he was "uninformed" about or is it the fault of the crowd for believing him?

This is different though. I was half right. Some people react in different ways. Some people may get wet or get erections and some may not. But from the information I had been given, people never did respond the way you have said they do. I think in this case it is more the medias fault for not portraying it in this way. I can't help it if that is all I knew about the subject all I needed was to be informed about it. I didn't need someone telling me I am trying to belittle rape victims though.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Clearly you're not a biology student then. You see the human brain controls EVERYTHING the body does although most of it is autonomous. However humans can, at most, control approximately 15% of the brain so the other 85% is out of your hands. Also, in terms of logic a bumblebee cannot produce enough lift with its wings to lift its body off a surface and the wingspan is not enough to allow flight and yet it flies. Hmm... quite a conundrum! :tongue:
it's like saying "stop breathing!".
sure, you have some control, but in the end you're going to lose that fight. the body will restart breathing whether you like it or not.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
it's not stupid to be uninformed.

it's stupid to be uninformed but pretend that you are, while making statements as "facts" which are nothing more than your own flimsy theory.

for the record, unlike warmhorizon, i'm not the least bit sorry if i insulted you :smile:

I am informed I just wasn't informed about what you two were saying. I never said any of my opinions were fact. I did say that I have seen interviews where the women said they didn't react that way. It really doesn't bother me if you are sorry for insulting me. I just wanted to make it clear that you did not need to and it was uncalled for. All you needed to do was explain to me what was wrong with what I said in detail. If you want to be rude to me that is up to you but I don't think this is a good reason to do that.

handcuffsfan4

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
everyone does react different. but realy getting excited is probably what most people would do in that situation. your lower brain is in control of your bodies actions. the upper brain is in control of your emotions and thinking and that fun shit. so just because you dont want to do something dosnt mean that your upper brain will tell your lower brain to do anything. all it knows is that something is there that wants to mate and because of our animal instincts it gets ready for it. our animal instincts tell us to keep the blood line going, even if you arnt wanting to emotionaly.

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes and no. A girl can TOTALLY force it on you. I had a girl force it on me hardcore with literally all her might. I'm stronger than her so I could stop it. The only reason most girls can't rape most guys is because most guys are strongers than them so they could physically stop it. Guys can totally be like date-raped, which translates to "seduced" to females and "jail time" for men.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I wouldn't have it any other way :tongue: And you didn't so chill. :cool:

I'm not saying that you would intentionally be controlling it. I would think that not getting an erection or getting wet would be another thing the brain does that is out of your hands. Like if stress can cause so much stuff to not function right it seems logical that fear or anger could do the same but with increased results. If I'm wrong about it then I'm wrong it's no big deal.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am informed I just wasn't informed about what you two were saying. I never said any of my opinions were fact. I did say that I have seen interviews where the women said they didn't react that way. It really doesn't bother me if you are sorry for insulting me. I just wanted to make it clear that you did not need to and it was uncalled for. All you needed to do was explain to me what was wrong with what I said in detail. If you want to be rude to me that is up to you but I don't think this is a good reason to do that.​
but we DID inform you that people reacted differently.

and you argued against it!

stating that you don't actually need to actuall talk to victims to understand.

try again.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just goes to show how one individual can ruin a discussion on an important topic. When I saw the topic I thought I could share my experiences, having known some men who were raped, some by men and others by women. These men's stories have impressed upon me the need to talk more openly and frequently about this issue. However, the tone of this discussion will leave those stories for another time and I'll just fill in a couple things that have been missed. Though the statistics are somewhat lacking it does appear that men are raped far more frequently than most people assume. The perpetrators of male rape are overwhelmingly heterosexual men, but cases of women raping men while rare, do happen. I suspect the most common form of rape, for men as well as women, is through incapacitation (induced by drugs and/or alcohol).

I didn't ruin the discussion. If you have something to say then say it. I was just trying to make them understand why I would think what I had thought. I wasn't trying to prolong the argument saying that I am right. But I don't think what I said was ridiculous, just the view of someone who wasn't as well informed.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
but we DID inform you that people reacted differently.

and you argued against it!

stating that you don't actually need to actuall talk to victims to understand.

try again.

That didn't make sense. You don't actually need to talk to the victims. I thought that you were trying to tell me people always react that way. I was saying from what I have heard that isn't true and just because I didn't discuss it with this victim in person didn't mean that it was not true.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That didn't make sense. You don't actually need to talk to the victims. I thought that you were trying to tell me people always react that way. I was saying from what I have heard that isn't true and just because I didn't discuss it with this victim in person didn't mean that it was not true.​
made perfect sense.

just not to you.

much like the rest of this thread.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
made perfect sense.
just not to you.​

much like the rest of this thread.​

I just explained why that wasn't a valid point. Are you really going to try telling me what I meant when I was giving my explainations. I admitted I was wrong what else do you want me to say.​