Can HIV be transmitted through...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by LemacST, Aug 23, 2007.

1. LemacST

Gold Member

Saliva IF it makes contact with a cut?

If a girl sucked on your finger and your finger had a cut on it, could YOU get HIV from it (assuming she is infected)?

When it comes to blood contact anyway, does it have to be bleeding or what?

I read that HIV cannot be transmitted through saliva, but could that change in this scenario?

2. LemacST

Gold Member

Assuming the cut is small and not bleeding, if that makes any difference...

3. simcha

Gold Member

You must have blood with active HIV in it getting into your blood stream in order to catch HIV. And you must have a sufficient amount of HIV to pass into your blood stream. Saliva doesn't have any blood in it. You could not get HIV from someone sucking on your bleeding finger unless they were bleeding from somewhere in their mouth, like a tooth was just pulled out or something. If this happened to you, please don't worry yourself about it. If you are so concerned, get tested in 6 weeks, then in three months and get the worry out of your system by having negative test results. The worry you find yourself in right now places you at much greater risk for damaging your immune system than the activity you describe ever would.

4. LemacST

Gold Member

Thank you. I should be alright then...I was just curious to know if I was misinformed. Thanks.

5. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Contact with saliva, tears, or sweat has never been shown to result in transmission of HIV. Breast-milk, blood, semen, and vaginal fluid can transmit HIV, however.

6. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

If the girl also had a cut in her mouth, or maybe gingivitis, and therefore had blood in her own saliva, it's possible. Still not very likely though. Saliva itself does not carry the virus.

Draft saved Draft deleted