Can I just make an observation?

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is a "Large PENIS support group" right? It was created as a site to discuss penises, sex and other misc. topics which somehow include politics (god only knows why). And yet for many it seems as if most of the "high profile" members (I hate that term) dominate the forums to the point where it has become uncool to talk about penises, sex or relationships. So the very reason the site was created is now considered "wank fodder" and ridiculed.
I don't understand why every single topic derails almost immediately into either a nasty little fight like a pack of wolves or more often than not so much personal banter it makes your head spin. No topic is safe, and it spans the whole boards. Of course it's going to be unpopular for me to say this because I will be told that I'm crazy or too sensitive or "ignore it" but it's hard to ignore when its nearly EVERY topic that gets hijacked, derailed and turns into a 30 page chat fest among a specific group of about 10 members. I mean I'm sure I'm guilty of the cynicism to a point, especially in the women's issues section but really can we all just TRY to stay on the topic. There really is such a thing as moving on if a topic doesn't interest you or has been discussed, or as was suggested in the other (monster) thread gently let the newbies know where else to look.
I like this site and have always had en enjoyable experience here but honestly, lately it's just not fun. It's not friendly It's not about penises. It's about politics of who got banned and who said what and how uncool it is to actually discuss sex/penises/relationships without mountains of sarcasm, posturing and who can make the most snarky remarks or private jokes. It's getting a little old.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hmmm you noticed those same 10 people also? Seriously there are many members on the site that would enjoy talking about sex, penis issues etc. If you have trouble PM me; I could talk about sex and dicks all day long.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Honestly, I haven't seen the phenomenon you mention being widespread, Seaside...though I will stipulate there are only three areas of the site I participate in with any regularity, and none of those are penis-centric.

I've only seen the "wank fodder" label come up in Women's Issues, and almost always in response to a post made by a guy asking something that...well...usually looks like someone just fishing for women to dish on their sexual preferences and experiences. Given that there is an entire forum devoted to Sex with a Large Penis, one can hardly blame the ladies for not wanting such posts monopolizing their area.

Personally, I'd prefer not to see dick-talk in the Etc. forum, since there are at least a half-dozen other fora devoted specifically to dick discussion in some form or another. If it does appear there, though, I'll just ignore it. NBD.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have not seen many jumping on legit topics about relationships in the correct part of this site, i have not seen many threads hijacked in the show off board. And i have not seen that many wank fodder labels on sexual topics in the sex with a large penis section

I do not feel like it is impossible to talk those things here if done in the right section and in polite form, tho i am with you that a little more politeness is not to much asked if someone does not follow those principles. Yet i also think a little more protection and help by the mods would go a long way too.

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with you entirely. It is always easier and faster to simply close a thread or ignore it than it is to make a caustic comment.

As for myself, I am interested to know whether penis size, shape, or some other penis characteristic, impacts a woman's ability to orgasm with vaginal intercourse either positively or negatively, or whether it affects their prefered position, etc. It would seem to me the women's issues section would be an appropriate place to discuss such topics.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is a "Large PENIS support group" right? It was created as a site to discuss penises, sex and other misc. topics which somehow include politics (god only knows why). And yet for many it seems as if most of the "high profile" members (I hate that term) dominate the forums to the point where it has become uncool to talk about penises, sex or relationships. So the very reason the site was created is now considered "wank fodder" and ridiculed.
I don't understand why every single topic derails almost immediately into either a nasty little fight like a pack of wolves or more often than not so much personal banter it makes your head spin. No topic is safe, and it spans the whole boards. Of course it's going to be unpopular for me to say this because I will be told that I'm crazy or too sensitive or "ignore it" but it's hard to ignore when its nearly EVERY topic that gets hijacked, derailed and turns into a 30 page chat fest among a specific group of about 10 members. I mean I'm sure I'm guilty of the cynicism to a point, especially in the women's issues section but really can we all just TRY to stay on the topic. There really is such a thing as moving on if a topic doesn't interest you or has been discussed, or as was suggested in the other (monster) thread gently let the newbies know where else to look.
I like this site and have always had en enjoyable experience here but honestly, lately it's just not fun. It's not friendly It's not about penises. It's about politics of who got banned and who said what and how uncool it is to actually discuss sex/penises/relationships without mountains of sarcasm, posturing and who can make the most snarky remarks or private jokes. It's getting a little old.

As i see it, it cannot be helped. The site is not a big dick support site really any more. It has been expanded into a community where big dicks are just a small part of the site now. For many of the members, big dicks are of no special interest i'd say.
The community atmosphere in an adult oriented site where talk of anything (within limits obviously) makes interaction here quite enjoyable for those who are not here just to have a wank etc.
The community is bound to feature some more prominent members, and some seem to be cliquey. LPSG meet n greets have played a part in creating that.
Would you prefer that the 10 in question whoever they are left? If they did, its just a matter of brief time before the next 10 take their place.

I would agree that it is uncalled for to turn threads off topic, however, if the topic is interesting enough it will be back on track quickly.

thetramp

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree with you entirely. It is always easier and faster to simply close a thread or ignore it than it is to make a caustic comment.

As for myself, I am interested to know whether penis size, shape, or some other penis characteristic, impacts a woman's ability to orgasm with vaginal intercourse either positively or negatively, or whether it affects their prefered position, etc. It would seem to me the women's issues section would be an appropriate place to discuss such topics.
There are plenty of threads there to discuss that, it is not like that it ain't possible. There even is a sticky where who is interested can read the opinions of the women on here who were very open about their preferences.
I can see being annoyed by being asked the same thing over and over again by someone who doesn't even care enough to read that sticky.
Tho i do think it sometimes would be better to just stay out and ignore those questions.

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
This should help put matters in perspective. At the moment there are 185 viewing Sex with a Large Penis, 108 viewing Show Off, 190 viewing Celebrity Endowments, 412 viewing Straight Adult Websites, 105 viewing Gay Adult Websites. Contrast that to 5 viewing the Politics Forum and none chatting (according to the home page, although that seems doubtful.) I've been so aghast at the hostilities in Politics and chat that I've considered abandoning the site entirely. Those long long threads do make it seem as if most people come here to fight. But it's really not the case at all when you look at the big picture.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
seaside - I think you are talking out of your hole.

The site is mostly about cock and sex.

Maybe you should stop following those 10 posters around and getting riled up that everything they post doesn't match your opinion on whatever the topic is. :wink:

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As i see it, it cannot be helped. The site is not a big dick support site really any more. It has been expanded into a community where big dicks are just a small part of the site now. For many of the members, big dicks are of no special interest i'd say.
The community atmosphere in an adult oriented site where talk of anything (within limits obviously) makes interaction here quite enjoyable for those who are not here just to have a wank etc.
The community is bound to feature some more prominent members, and some seem to be cliquey. LPSG meet n greets have played a part in creating that.
Would you prefer that the 10 in question whoever they are left? If they did, its just a matter of brief time before the next 10 take their place.

I would agree that it is uncalled for to turn threads off topic, however, if the topic is interesting enough it will be back on track quickly.

Mitch I really get that. I am totally fine with discussing a wide range of topics, but it seems as if most topics get so OFF topic that it all turns into one big blur of private jokes, bantering, "you're a cunt..no you're a cunt" bullshit that no topic seems readable anymore.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"This is a "Large PENIS support group" right? It was created as a site to discuss penises, sex and other misc. topics "-Seaside
Am I one of the 10? lol
Well, what about the fact that every topic has to do with gay guys trying to get straght guys. Just about half of the topics are about that in someway shape or form. How is that penis support?

But to each thier own. What do I do? I ignore them. I dont click and read. Im not even upset that they the topics are here since I am not forced to read anything I dont want. That is the beauty of this place.

And for the record Seaside, I think you are cool. You are one of my Favs, as mentioned on that thread about perfect LPSG ladies.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lord, I'm definitely bad about going off topic. When I get into a thread and we start talking about something interesting and someone brings up something that in some way is linked to the OP I like to continue the conversation.

I do not mind answering any type of question in any of the threads. If I see a topic and I want to post on it I do. I did come very close to leaving right after I joined because I felt some rather negative energy, but by that time I had met some rather great members like MrTardis and Tasha and many others that made me want to stay and try to ignore the outbursts.

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
seaside - I think you are talking out of your hole.

The site is mostly about cock and sex.

Maybe you should stop following those 10 posters around and getting riled up that everything they post doesn't match your opinion on whatever the topic is. :wink:

I just deleted my previous post because Barristers nailed it :tongue:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You know, Seaside, that the easiest way to eliminate the influence of "the ten" (whoever they may be, I honestly haven't a clue) is to put them each on ignore. If it really comes down to ten members of the hundreds who use LPSG and the scores of fairly regular contributors, then blocking ten shouldn't be a problem.

Personally, I have a stake both in how LPSG is moderated generally and how the rules were applied to a specific long-term, high-quality-post contributor, as I count myself among them. If that thread bothers you, don't click it.

I've been here for four years now (besides lurking a full year before joining) and have seen lots of changes, for sure. But I can't really honestly say that penis was any greater a subject of conversation and debate in 06 than it is today.

Over the last week, I've posted extensively a thread regarding how and why the French government came to decide to ban veils for women based on my years of experience and knowledge specifically about French language and culture.

I started a thread regarding one's personal criteria, preferences and limits in terms of sexual partners and the things one might or mightn't do (gotta tend to that, I've ignored it for a day or two).

I posted an impassioned series of posts regarding the inherently predatory nature of adults who consider those just over the legal limit of consent to be legitimate candidates for casual hook-ups.

I've posted close to 2500 words about access to HIV/AIDS treatment in the US from my personal experience and based on my wonkish knowledge-base of health care in the US at the specific request of one of the mods.

I've also joked and flirted with probably no fewer than a dozen guys (and at least a couple girls, too), some friends, others not quite yet, either in threads or via PMs. For reasons I've stated numerously now, I avoid the chat feature here. I also avoid the Show Off forum and the Jokes, etc forum because I find them inane and am glad that someone decided to separate such threads from otherwise productive fora.

In other words, I've had a great week here. I'm unclear what your definition of "fun" is, but from any objective standard, I've had a productive and diverting week at one of my favorite hang-outs on the web. As I work in a bar six nights a week, I get all the real-life face time I can handle. LPSG allows me to see, listen, be seen and be heard in ways that are otherwise unavailable to me and are entirely unique.

goldmine

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Agreeing with most everything posted above me I have a question/comment that I think ties in with what you are all talking about. Granted my profile states me as being Str8 ( not completely true and I should change that but with very limited experience behind me I guess that's why I keep it that way). Any one want to give me some experience? lol I really enjoy the FORUM---"Would you have sex with the poster above you" and have made a number of comments and a lot of those have been YES. I do not have a problem with the ladies being there ! What I would like to know is why do str8 guys stay there and keep saying NO to every guy. Does it frustrate any one else besides me? Why don't they go some where else that is more in tune with what they want from the site and quit screwing up a very good forum that is a lot of fun for those true to the forum and want to post their pics and desires. The str8 just say (NO or He's not my type) and screw up the line of communication and flow of the forum. Then the true bloods have to go around them all the time to get the forum back on track. I know there aren't any rules to be able to post. Maybe it's just that they want to be noticed and aren't getting any attention else where on the site. It really frustrates me! Does it bother any one else? Please comment on my post pos. or neg. or even tell me it should have gone some where else like Rants and raves. goldmine PS--I also have PM'ed several about their God given attributes, also vote and comment on those attributes of some members. I'm here to have fun ! And at a mere 6.7 x 6 I don't have an LP but been stretching so I can be true to form @ LPSG !
Fun for all and all for fun @ LPSG.

Last edited: