Can I just make an observation?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
You're being obtuse again.

"Women's Issues" can be interpreted as issues belonging to women or issues pertaining to women. "Which of the following two orgasms do you prefer", can not be interpreted to mean please voice whether or not I'm allowed to ask.

Oh come now, the possessive apostrophe in Women's is the clue Gilette, these are issues which women have, not issues men want to know if women have or not, or indeed if women suddenly think one guy's cock pics are Women's issues.

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LOL..well it's apples and oranges but to an extent I agree. I do however frequently ignore threads in the women's section titled "Ladies how big was your biggest" Although it is technically in the wrong section it also is of no interest to me. If I click on a topic about something which does interest me and find it's page after page of nonsense, banter and sexual innuendo, sure than can be annoying.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
LOL..well it's apples and oranges but to an extent I agree. I do however frequently ignore threads in the women's section titled "Ladies how big was your biggest" Although it is technically in the wrong section it also is of no interest to me. If I click on a topic about something which does interest me and find it's page after page of nonsense, banter and sexual innuendo, sure than can be annoying.

OK so I open a forum I normally find interesting and it's suddenly spammed with dozens of threads about things the forum in question isn't supposed to be about, what do I do? I do the same as you, I ignore all the threads I'm not interested and search for some that I might be. You can do the same with threads. No?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
OK so I open a forum I normally find interesting and it's suddenly spammed with dozens of threads about things the forum in question isn't supposed to be about, what do I do? I do the same as you, I ignore all the threads I'm not interested and search for some that I might be. You can do the same with threads. No?

As of right now, I doubt I have participated in the Sex With A Large Penis forum in more than four threads in the last month (excluding my own). It's scroll-by heaven 98% of the time.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How do you figure Relationships and Jealousy, Clothing and Appearances, Politics or Funny Stuff are for wanking?

I didn't say ALL other sections.

More to the point how did you arrive at the idea that Women's Issues is an exclusive behaviour section, with rules against becoming aroused no less. Where is that stated?

WI does actually have specific guidelines that other sections do not

http://www.lpsg.org/185353-forum-rules.html

The guidelines admittedly do not say 'no wank fodder'. Nor do I care if people do become aroused and have a wank while reading threads in WI. I think most people have at one point or another. The point is that as far as I am aware (I'm sure you won't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong), WI is supposed to be a section for women (and men) to discuss things of importance to women. I think that giving some bloke material to wank with is not an issue of importance to very many of the women on this site. I actually started a thread about this earlier because I am genuinely curious to see if others have a similar opinion, or a very different one. Maybe I am out on a limb by myself with my opinion on this.

1. Why do you feel compelled to answer all questions asked?

I was going to say I don't, but actually I sort of do. I feel sorry for people who ask questions and get only a few answers (or none at all). So if there are not many answers within the first hour or two, I do feel compelled to answer. If there are many answers I don't feel compelled to answer, but may still answer if it interests me.

2. How is answering such questions a waste of time if it's in WI but not a waste of time if posted elsewhere? You do say you happy to answer if it's in the "right" section. I'm not seeing the time difference.

If it was all I was doing day-in day-out, it would be a waste of time wherever the question was posted. For me, it is mostly a matter of respect. People should respect the rules, guidelines and social mores of any forum or sub-forum that they choose to use.

3. You use the terms "we" and "us". Who are you, or any other woman, to decide for another what she considers important or response-worthy.

I stand corrected. I really shouldn't make the mistake of speaking for others. Even if I've heard the same sentiments many times from others, it doesn't mean they feel that way now, or that I have the right to speak for them now or at any time.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I stand corrected. I really shouldn't make the mistake of speaking for others. Even if I've heard the same sentiments many times from others, it doesn't mean they feel that way now, or that I have the right to speak for them now or at any time.
This is the heart of my problem with any time someone wants to control what WI is.

Each of us is different and each of us are accepting of different things. Some of us will pitch a fit at anything we don't like while some of us are capable of just moving past it.

I've just read the new rules and I'm furious. What has been accomplished here is akin to removing pretzels from Chex Mix just because a group of people tirelessly complained that they didn't like them when the solution was for those people simply not to eat the pretzels. I'm not taking allergies where one gets a rash or their breathing is impaired, I'm talking peeves. Nothing of my experience of a place should have to change because of someone else's chronic testiness when they have the fucking option to avoid what irritates them.

It's bullshit.
Even worse, in this case it's blatant discrimination.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Threads can and will go on and off topic on ANY message board. Like Bbucko mentioned, the fora on this site have expanded over the years. Once, there was only ETC (which included discussions on politics, jokes, funny stuff and more). Over the years, more fora have been included to allow people to selectively participate and contribute. For example, I stay clear of politics (And many other fora) these days.

There was a time here (back in 2004-2006/2007) where any thread could turn into a FleshPile at any moment. It's about contributing and having fun.

Ignore people you don't like to read, Skip threads you think are not worth your time.

It's really that simple.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is the heart of my problem with any time someone wants to control what WI is.

Each of us is different and each of us are accepting of different things. Some of us will pitch a fit at anything we don't like while some of us are capable of just moving past it.

I've just read the new rules and I'm furious. What has been accomplished here is akin to removing pretzels from Chex Mix just because a group of people tirelessly complained that they didn't like them when the solution was for those people simply not to eat the pretzels. I'm not taking allergies where one gets a rash or their breathing is impaired, I'm talking peeves. Nothing of my experience of a place should have to change because of someone else's chronic testiness when they have the fucking option to avoid what irritates them.

It's bullshit.
Even worse, in this case it's blatant discrimination.

All of what you've said here sounds quite reasonable to me. If I had been here for some time there is a good chance that I would feel the same. As a fairly new member, these rules were in place when I arrived. My idea of what WI is 'supposed to be' was formed by reading these rules and observing the posts of other women in that section (many of whom - or the most vocal of whom - have seemed anti-wank fodder). Thus to me it ain't a place where 'wank fodder' is acceptable. I do wish the rules were a bit clearer however on what is and isn't acceptable. Maybe my thread will achieve that in the long run. Maybe loads of women will say that wank fodder is all good, or they'll say there's no such thing as wank fodder, and the rules will change to reflect THAT.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Threads can and will go on and off topic on ANY message board. Like Bbucko mentioned, the fora on this site have expanded over the years. Once, there was only ETC (which included discussions on politics, jokes, funny stuff and more). Over the years, more fora have been included to allow people to selectively participate and contribute. For example, I stay clear of politics (And many other fora) these days.

There was a time here (back in 2004-2006/2007) where any thread could turn into a FleshPile at any moment. It's about contributing and having fun.

Ignore people you don't like to read, Skip threads you think are not worth your time.

It's really that simple.

Now the wisdom just requires this....

:notworthy:

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Lord, I'm definitely bad about going off topic. When I get into a thread and we start talking about something interesting and someone brings up something that in some way is linked to the OP I like to continue the conversation.

I do not mind answering any type of question in any of the threads. If I see a topic and I want to post on it I do. I did come very close to leaving right after I joined because I felt some rather negative energy, but by that time I had met some rather great members like MrTardis and Tasha and many others that made me want to stay and try to ignore the outbursts.

I've only heard that term used with any regularity in Women's Issues, and considering that the point of Women's Issues is NOT to provide wank fodder, it's fair enough. Many of the threads in other sections ARE wank fodder, but that's fine. In those sections there are no rules against wank fodder, and it seems to be what most users want to read there. As such, I am quite happy to berate men for asking for wank fodder in Women's Issues, while providing it for them in other sections.

The problem is that if those threads were allowed in WI, we would spend all day answering cock questions and never get to discuss anything of importance to us (like whether gyn visits make you nervous). If you post in the sticky many of us will be happy to answer you. Or you could post it in Sex With a Large Penis.

Yep, I get annoyed when people can't be bothered reading rules and stickys and don't do a search before posting. Seriously, do these guys think they are the only ones in the world who've ever asked if their 8 inch cock is big enough?

I'm a shocker for doing this as well, especially if submissivegirl is around! It's really not a terribly polite thing to do, however I do think those off topic conversations lead to a lot of new friendships and that can't be a bad thing.

Brilliant thread that one. :) Thanks for beginning it. I've really enjoyed participating in it.

Submissive and Subgirl are excellent posters and contribute with honesty to any topic, i like that they post with ease and can take constructive critiscism too. Thank you the two subs.

It's really that simple.

Lex is spot on ^^^^^^^^^^^ as always...