Can I make myself gay?

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Mr. Pookie said:
But I'm sure that's not what you meant. Perhaps you can elaborate, because I'm occasionally slow.

Simply this: if you want to attract a quality person, be a a quality person with the qualities you're looking for. Assess yourself honestly and ask yourself if that's what you want in another person. If not, you have some work to do.

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey Mr. Pookie,

It sounds like you pine for your college days when women would screw for the sheer fun of it and (essentially) for free. I think you've discovered that life is different outside of college.

Now that you're outside of that environment, women are going to size you up as a potential mate/life partner beyond the physical and personal characteristics that you have. Like it or not, they're going to look at what kind of "provider" you can be. You may consider this unfair to yourself, but put yourself in their position: in many professions, women are not paid at the same level men are and have a "glass ceiling". (Under the pretext that men are supposed to provide for a family while women elect to work.) Women look to men as providers because our society is structured in such a way that they almost have to if they plan to live a comfortable life. If, by the time you're in your late 20s, you appear unwilling... or unable... to pay for a date, women are likely to take a pass on you and move on to the guy who can.

I know my analysis of your situation is harsh and I'm sorry if you don't like what I have to say. This is one of those powerful societal realities that we have little control over. My only advice to you is: work hard, and make yourself attractive to the women you want to be with.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can release you from the mental torture of heterosexuality if you attend my all-inclusive 7-day course, in which you will be introduced to various psychological methods of ridding yourself of the unnatural desire to form immoral sexual and emotional relations with women. Release your inner homo-chi and explore both yin and yang as many times as you like for just US$999.99 excl.tax. :rolleyes:

This is not spam, it's a satire of the "overcoming homosexuality" shit put out by groups and sects like The Gospel Way and Scientology for decades.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
RideRocket said:
I've been listening to Erasure and the Pet Shop Boys for years now and it still hasn't made me gay.

Once though my "gay percent' went to 1%...

Try adding Eartha Kitt, Divine and Bette Midler to the blend and you'll soon hit 5%. :rolleyes:

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
alex8 said:
Try adding Eartha Kitt, Divine and Bette Midler to the blend and you'll soon hit 5%. :rolleyes:

I really like Eartha Kitt, Bette Midler, Barbra Steisand, Judy Garland and emotional movies like Kramer vs. Kramer (I don't get the Joan Crawford thing though).

I must be straiy.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Pookie, I feel for you. It is, as they say, a jungle out there. Gold-diggers are a reality and they also make my dating life more difficult. This is one of the reasons I often end up dating younger men. The older ones often assume their income is of great importance to me, which it isn't (I get a perverse thrill out of being self-sufficient), and I feel as though i'm being judged before I have the chance to reveal myself. I understand experience has taught them that many women are looking for "providers", sugar daddies, or whatever, but it's soooo frustrating to try to break through the jaded attitudes. In addition, gold-diggers encourage otherwise decent men to become smug, flaky and tiresome beings who throw their money around to impress women (I never go on a second date with someone like this because the "need" to impress begins almost immediately and bores me to tears). I never expect a man to pay for the date and I always offer to go dutch if he grabs the check.

I would follow the sound advice of those who posted before me-- be who you want to date. But if this is about you questioning your sexuality and wanting to explore other avenues, that's different. Don't confuse one issue with another. Yeah, dating's a bitch, but don't think you need to be gay in order to have an easier time dating. That's not the reason to "become" gay. If you want to explore, do so. If you want to date women, do so, then ask them to pony up for the tab. There's nothing wrong with that. I know most women feel a man should be "gentleman" and pay for the first date, a practice that should be abolished in this day and age. Sometimes the best dates are cheap or even free. In the end, it's all about the company. Figure out what company you desire and go from there.

unfaithful

Just Browsing
Media
Matthew said:
Why, it's easy, Mr. Pookie. You just put on a pair of ruby red slippers, click your heels together three times and say, "There's no place like homo."
LMAO HAHAHHAHAHHA taht is a good one

JamesNYC

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, this is a very interesting thread. I feel for you Mr. Pookie, but I think you already know deep down that it is impossible for you to change your sexual orientation.

If it was possible to change, I suspect that many gay people would have succumed to straightness in response to an intolerent society and the many bible thumping, holier-than-thou bigots that inhabit the world. Sure, you can experiment with your sexuality, but unless you have some latent tendencies - it won't change a thing. It wasn't so long ago that many gay men and women felt the need to marry in order to conceal their sexual orientation. But the fact that they were able to maintain a "straight" relationship, or function sexually with a member of the opposite sex, didn't truly make them heterosexual.

I have my fair share of gay friends and from my perspective the dating game does seem less complicated for them. But that could well be a case of "the grass always looks greener." I do know for certain that my single gay buddies find it easier to hook up for sex, compared to my single straight buddies. But, finding real love is tough for all of us.

You have been offered some good advice in the posts (and some fucking hilarious comments.) I do know there are plenty of great single women in the world. It's just a matter of being open and ready and putting yourself out there. And yes, it's much easier said than done. Good luck to you!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mr. Pookie said:
Being gay seems fun. Now, before you get mad at me, yes, I know it can suck (hee hee), but does it? If you're in your late 20's like me, being straight is just disgusting. It's virtually prostitution to be with anyone, since dating costs money, and besides the money you shell out to get to "know" someone, you need money to have them stay. And don't forget social standing. Now, before some of you wonderful women on this site protest, let me define what "no money" means for me: no restaurants, no drinks at bars, no concerts, no going to the movies, no gifts. I can't even afford to give myself those things. But gayness! That allows one to be the treated, if one is lucky enough to be endowed with boyish good looks, such as myself. It also allows for sex between 2 adults, without money being a factor. As a bonus, the expectation to fit into mainstream society disappears, because....you can't! So my question, finally, is how can I make myself gay? I've tried masturbating while thinking of guys - doesn't work. I've let dudes suck my dick to offend people at parties - never got hard, but loved having my dick seen by the mixed crowd. I also kissed dudes during truth or dare games in college (hated the stubble). But being gay seems best. It would really help me, so does anyone have any tips (no pun intended)?

I think that you are going about that the wrong way. If you really like men, you should know. After those experiences you've mentioned, I think that you are force fitting. You like women. You should be WITH women who want your money or whatever. Don't messing with men because you think it is trendy. Be with guys because you like being with them. Be considerate of the guy you with. I don't believe that is respectful of the guy you are with. That's misleading, isn't it?

Mr. Pookie

Just Browsing
Media
hung9mike said:
I know my analysis of your situation is harsh and I'm sorry if you don't like what I have to say. This is one of those powerful societal realities that we have little control over. My only advice to you is: work hard, and make yourself attractive to the women you want to be with.

I absolutely agree with you about the reality of the world, and that I have little or no control over it. However, making myself attractive by becoming a "provider" seems pretty depressing. Knowing that I was attractive for my financial well being just isn't something I could live with. You are right, though, but it is sad. Too sad for me.

Mr. Pookie

Just Browsing
Media
senor rubirosa said:
Oops. Why do my ears turn red?
I've re-read my post, and find it annoyingly full of certainty.
What do I know about you?
Anyone who thinks he's going to tell anyone else who they are, has got a stupid project.
Shouldn't have done that.
So, Mr. Pookie: Please accept my apology.:banghead2:

You're serious? Okay. No need to apologize, it's just your opinion.

lopaka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Mr. Pookie said:
I disagree. I've hung out with friends at gay bars and hustled drinks for myself by flirting (bad, I know). And every time, I know I could've gotten my dick sucked. Yes, it's crass, but there's the bigger picture of my post that you're missing. In the straight world, especially in the south, the man is expected to be the provider. Even when 2 spouses work, the man is expected to handle the bulk of the financial burden in the last analysis. It is all a prelude to marriage, the eventual goal of straight dating if all goes right. As for finding an easy hook-up....no, it's not that easy with women. Plus, even if it does happen, you run into the same troubles all over again if you want a relationship. The homosexual lifestyle, though I may not know much of it, is not along the same rigid lines. There is not a feeling of shame or burden in the same way as a man in a straight relationship who fails to stand up financially.

Sorry man, but as a bi male who has been in relationships as well as dated and had the occasional hook up with both sexes. You are far off base with the reality of most gay men. I live in New York now but I am born and raised a southern boy. So I also know the dif in the trends of the area and expectations. What I am least familiar with is the gay bar scene and what you seem to percieve as the homosexual lifestyle. See the whoring for drinks and jumping anything walking? What that is in general called no matter where you go is a ho. When one spends their life in the pursuit of that style of life be they gay straight or polka dot they are simply used and discarded. So if you want to be gay. Hell man be the gayest damn thing this side of the mississippi but don't think having a relationship or keeping the interest of someone worth while is any dif then a straight relationship. As for just gettin head or free drinks for it girls do that too. Best of luck though. If anything sounds like you feel more constrained by the area you live in then sexuality and finance.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mr. Pookie said:
Being gay seems fun. Now, before you get mad at me, yes, I know it can suck (hee hee), but does it? If you're in your late 20's like me, being straight is just disgusting. It's virtually prostitution to be with anyone, since dating costs money, and besides the money you shell out to get to "know" someone, you need money to have them stay. And don't forget social standing. Now, before some of you wonderful women on this site protest, let me define what "no money" means for me: no restaurants, no drinks at bars, no concerts, no going to the movies, no gifts. I can't even afford to give myself those things. But gayness! That allows one to be the treated, if one is lucky enough to be endowed with boyish good looks, such as myself. It also allows for sex between 2 adults, without money being a factor. As a bonus, the expectation to fit into mainstream society disappears, because....you can't! So my question, finally, is how can I make myself gay? I've tried masturbating while thinking of guys - doesn't work. I've let dudes suck my dick to offend people at parties - never got hard, but loved having my dick seen by the mixed crowd. I also kissed dudes during truth or dare games in college (hated the stubble). But being gay seems best. It would really help me, so does anyone have any tips (no pun intended)?

It's in your jeans, either you are or aren't.