Can sexuality be boiled down to a percentage?

hisstory33

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I get the need for labels etc. I just thought it was funy that on this site we have the option to put a pecentile on how gay or straight we are. I appreciate all the replies:)

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am like BBucko, when I joined I was just in a different place mentally and my percentage was like 70/30 but then I was in an oppressive marriage and probably leaning more towards women emotionally. Now I'm 99% straight only because I'm with someone who has a penis and I'm happy and I don't feel any motivation to hook up with a female. Like Happyboi said the door is closed but it certainly isn't locked. If the right opportunity came along who knows? I'm not looking to start anything with anyone else but my mind is open.

NumberTwentySix

Just Browsing
Media
Perhaps I was not clear. I was trying to say that any number of straight experiences does not prove you completely straight, but one gay experience proves you completely gay in the eyes of many people these days.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
No. Then [if you have had no sexual experiences at all] you would be 0% gay and 0% straight.
If by "experiences" you're referring to sexual activities, that's not all that defines sexual orientation.

You have to also include a person's sexual thoughts and fantasies, maybe even dreams - in other words, what 'turns them on', regardless of whether they act on it.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
And we have a winner.

You're right, OP: Labels are dumb. They are, however, on of our indispensable evils as a species. Using a scale to label is at least better than a binary choice.

It isn't a binary choice, you have 3 choices, label wise, assuming you want to keep it simple.

Right. At least percentages, however arbitrary, are closer to seeing sexuality as a continuum rather than a specific pigeonhole. Not all straights or bisexuals or gays are alike.

Isn't it just 101 pigeon holes instead of 3? :tongue:

Anyway, enough poking fun. You can boil down your sexuality to a percentage, but as illustrated by this thread and many others, how one comes up with that number and what it encompasses vary from person to person.

keycock

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, it doesn't mean that I spend 3 1/2 days out of any year running after guys. It's just a philosophical point I made when I filled out that little questionnaire. Human beings are the most complex creatures under the sun and I don't think there's much point in trying to keep ourselves on one side or another of a definition. So far as trying to state something as complex, universal and personal as sexuality, any percentage is likely to be within what the pollsters call the "margin of error".

Thanks for raising the question. O===w

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have been a member for a few years. I think I staered off at 100% Straight, Then the next year i changed to 1% gay. there is no listing for 2%. I think i gain one gay % point for each year i am a member

I blame Luka, he is using Gypsy magic to slowly change me.

borntobeking

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For me the 1% represents my willingness to explore other avenues of sexual pleasure. I LOVE women. I have never been intimate with a man and never want to fall romatically in love with a man or build a life with one. I am however open to the fact that men can give one another physical arousal and or enjoyment. It's just a normal, human physical thing. No big deal.