Can someone explain this avatar thing to me?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Lex said:
I would say that a person can have ANY thing as their avatar as long as it is not nude.

I don't get why it matters?

I think it is possible that the OP may just be wondering if the female avatar on a male profile is meant to be a deception to other posters.

Yes, there is a gender there but some people may see a poster who is androgynous as a female if they dont' have pics.

I personally never understood why people didn't just put avatars of themselves up. Then I had my own avatar up, and I understood completely:rolleyes:

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Meawww
We need a psicoanalist...
...to answer that.
Yes its anoying.
You cant imagine how many cats are PMming me by mistake.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Asked many times before, never yet answered. That avatar cross-gender stuff gives me the nerdles.

But you don't want to put a picture of yourself up, because then it isn't an avatar, but rather a portrait. Ideally an avatar would be an incarnation which in some way represents you. Though not everyone can be as fortunate as I in having a well-known cartoon character which bears notable physical and behavioral resemblances....only unlike the Captain, I don't drink or wear hats.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't understand all the fuss about avatars. They're meant to be fun and changed whenever you feel the urge for something new. I've used pics of men in my avatar because they represent what I often find physically attractive about men. My gender is listed, so no guesswork there.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
senor rubirosa said:
Really? Wait till The Enquirer hears about this ...:biggrin1:

To be honest, I picked Welling because I like what he respresents when he portrays Superman.

I have modeled myself after him a small bit, which is why Tom is back up.:rolleyes:

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gillette said:
I understand purrrfecly,
so many chasing after my pussy for a piece of tail.

Hisssssss!

Maybe its because your pussy looks delicious.
Remember that im a tyger and im allways hungry.:wink:

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
big dirigible said:
But you don't want to put a picture of yourself up, because then it isn't an avatar, but rather a portrait. Ideally an avatar would be an incarnation which in some way represents you.

Damn. I didn't understand this principle. I guess choosing God is overreaching, huh?

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Now Pecker, you shouldn't leap to conclusions just because of the limp wrist similarity.

Responding no further to your point, I can't help but be constantly freaked out by the uncanny appropriateness of the Onion headline to many of your postings and responses. (Today it is a bit personal. I, as it turns out, am descended from polygamists...)