1. Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

Can Tap Water Enema Cause Infection?

Discussion in 'General Sexual Discussion' started by Mantra, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Mantra

Mantra Member

I used tap water for enema and I think it caused some sort of an infection to form. I've been feeling nauseous since then and wasn't able to eat anything really in the past 4 days.

Should I be worried?

2. Squirrel1

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don’t know much about enemas and don’t know if it is possible to contact something that way. I would get checked, for sure. You may have something else.
    As for tap water, most urban centres chlorinate their drinking water. The same can’t be said for well water.

Mantra likes this.
  3. mr_avg

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Stop doing it and don't stick things up your ass for a while.

If it doesn't get better after no longer pressure cleansing you sphincter recommend you go see a doctor.

Google is your friend in the future. Says to use mineral water.

Homemade Enema: Remedies to Relieve Constipation at Home

Again if If it doesn't get better recommend you go see a doctor.

Mantra likes this.
  4. Mantra

Mantra Member

I barely use enemas. I think it was the third or fourth time I did it and in previous enemas nothing happened. I don't know if the enema is the reason for my bad feeling or not - but I did see a doctor this morning and he told me it's probably just anxiety that causes all those symptoms. I don't know why but I don't believe it's just anxiety.

5. WilliamG

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I do them on a semi regular basis (maybe once a week for toy play). First, only use a bulb enema. No need to clean deeper beyond the second set of muscles unless you have a REALLY long toy (or cock... lucky you). Squeeze it slowly so you don't blast it deeper than it needs to go. That keeps the cleaning to the primary cavity. If you go deeper, then you're into the colon and not only does it take longer to drain (you'd have to wait hours to play), the membrane of the colon passes both ways, so are more sensitive to foreign matter. If possible use distilled water in the bulb.

Edit: Mineral oil enemas are NOT good for anal play if that was your intention. It's for severe constipation.

southe3 likes this.
  6. Mantra

Mantra Member

I was just using the shower hose, I didn't insert it at all, just sort of attached it and let it spray the inside, with a very weak stream (?). I don't know anything about the set of muscles you're talking about but if you're patient enough to explain it to me (because I feel like I can be more confident here rather than on Google) I'd be happy :)

Thanks for your comment btw!

7. WilliamG

Gold Member Verified

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The first set of muscles is of course the sphincter. Those are voluntary muscles that you control. Then approximately 6-7" in are another set are involuntary. Which means you must relax to get them to open. Behind those starts the colon (I may not have the terms right...).

You really only need to clean the first cavity. That said, I enjoy toys that enter the second set. But if the toy has a pronounce "head" on it, there is some risk of letting some "debris" come out. Smooth dildos seem to be just fine entering the deepest cavity. Plus it feels really awesome!

The thing about your anal membrane is it's a two way street. Things like chlorine can pass thru the walls into your body. That's why they say to use distilled water. Now I'm not perfect, I've used regular tap water many times out of convenience to being warmed at the tap. I've also done like you and used the shower spray with bad results. It goes up too far and then you "drain" for hours into the first cavity making the whole process for nothing.

I hope this makes sense!

hotbidan and southe3 like this.
  8. Scarletbegonia

Gold Member

Albums:
    It’s possible.
    Tap water has caused sinus infection in Neti pot users.
    I’d think the mucous membranes in the colon would be a tad more resilient, given their use.

is it probable?
    Not as much.

Could you have some water caught high up in the colon? That might exert pressure on the vagus nerve, which can create nausea.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice