can u get Human Papillomavirus from oral sex???

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ther is an HPV vaccine that is very effective. All sexually active individuals, men and women, should take it.

D_Judith K Rantz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ther is an HPV vaccine that is very effective. All sexually active individuals, men and women, should take it.

I was lucky, back in 2008 or so, my mother had me get the Gardasil HPV vaccine (shots). I think I had to get a few shots, 3 actually.

It wasn't covered by insurance when it came out, I'm not sure if it is now either.

Here are some FAQs and info from the US CDC if anyone is interested:
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/hpv/vac-faqs.htm

Both vaccines are given as shots and require 3 doses.

How are the two HPV vaccines different?

Only one of the vaccines (Gardasil) protects against HPV types 6 and 11, the types that cause most genital warts in females and males.

Only one of the vaccines (Gardasil) has been tested and licensed for use in males.

While both vaccines protect against HPV16, which is the most common HPV type responsible for HPV associated cancers including cancers of cervix, vulva, vagina, penis, and anus and oropharynx, only one of the vaccines (Gardasil) has been tested and shown to protect against precancers of the vulva, vagina, and anus.

The vaccines have different adjuvants—a substance that is added to the vaccine to increase the body's immune response.

Last edited:

proudshower

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WTF I always thought oral sex was free from any risk... it turns out to be not... I m scared now as I spotted some light spots on my shaft and they are slightly protruding... they are very small like 1 mm each but I m getting scared since I cheated on my gf some months ago but used the condom for vaginal sex.. not used it for oral though.. And LAST BUT NOT LEAST it was a THREESOME... maybe she passed me the virus from my friend's cock (although his cock looked very smooth and healthy at an overall inspection???)... need some insight folks.. please help me!!!